Feel the hate thread

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2018
    I emailed Tru green to get a proposal.

The sales rep was on me like stink on a ****. :s

I figured as much. But I kept my cool. She was pleasant.

She said a price for JUST the BASIC treatment plan each month. 68.00 a visit.

I said no thank you, we're over 60 and we'll just try to handle it ourselves then.

She said they have discounts to consider. I asked about a senior citizen discount. She said yes, they one. She put me on hold. She came back with a quote of 38.00 a visit. :D

I said that would work then. She then asked: how will you pay? I said per visit would be ok with us. She then asked: Credit, debit or check? My wife was listing in and said by check. The sales rep. then asked: Can I get your bank account info and routing #?

What!

NO, YOU CAN'T... My wife even yelled out NO! NO WAY! :D Not over the phone since we don't know where you really are.

The sales rep. said how are we going to finalize the contract then? I said I don't know, how about we give the guy who shows up a check each time. She said that isn't how they get payments. I said..OK, that's it then.

She said: just a minute, I'll send you a quote to your email and you can pay through that maybe. I said shure, that might work, with paypal security. She then said..

The Senior Discount no longer applies since you didn't complete the contract during this call.

I was stunned speechless! I didn't even want to talk to her anymore but said ok, send the email. I'll look it over.

I've since deleted the emails I got since I inquired!

It felt like I was buying a used car at a dealership. I bet they email or call me again in the next few days. :#

Wanting our bank account and routing # so soon?

Send a local franchise owner to meet me in person. :p
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    OMG! I get crazy looks when I write a check for stuff. Not very often, but enough.

We went with a local company who bills after the treatment! 30 days due, you know, old school. They came out and met us, real good customer service. Since then we've used them to cut a few trees down, etc. That's how to build a business! :smile:

And, we pay by check! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    That's what I was hoping for.

You seem to have a customer oriented business owner looking out for you. Your yard looks fabulous!

I just went out and watered where I spread centipede seed a month or so ago and then put "black Cow" on top of it. It looks like there is a ton of little shoots sprouting up in a lot of places.

I spotted some bugs on my red tip hedge a week ago and it looks like powdery mildew is attacking the red tip hedge too. Nancy was out there tonight with me and she spotted bugs all down the red tip hedge. Thousands probably. fnq3fy273i21.png
    Sucking the life out of the leaves! I'm going to research a little now on killing the bugs and killing the mildew before they kill all the new growth that has emerged since the fall of last year.

I'll try to get some pics off the web in a minute. Or I'll get pics. myself tomorrow.
    They look just like this one. They are mostly on the main stem of the leaf or on a shoot off. They have to be sucking the water/juice and killing the leaves. Some leaves have 2 or three on them.
    8vnwww138dos.png
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I hate chicks with facial hair....... :mask:
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited May 2018
    Tony M wrote: »
    8vnwww138dos.png

The bottom pic is a ladybird, or ladybug. They are carnivorous.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2018
    I don't think these are! They're sucking the life out of our red tip hedge. They're attached to the main veins of leaves for the most of them.

I read a long time ago... the red ones are the good ones. The orange ones, like I have a thousand of now, are bad ones.
    http://hgrgardensupply.com/design/good-lady-bugs-vs-bad-lady-bugs/
    bad ones;
    k8e1m0svhztq.png
  • Oldschool59
    Oldschool59 Posts: 67
    I hate know it all's, and I hate getting old, not really in the last one but it sucks sometimes. Can't do some of the things I use to like run a mile or two. Oh here is a my biggest hate, Onkyo for their bad chip that crashed my unit. :s
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,373
    The only thing worse than getting old is the alternative!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    How come your food order only gets screwed up in the drive-thru?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Oldschool59
    Oldschool59 Posts: 67
    I hate Dollar Stores, mostly when you ask the cashier for a money order, they tell you the machines down it's only because they don't know how to work it or they just don't like the color of your skin, and I'm mixed! My Heritage goes all the way back to lower YorkShire Anglo-Saxon, William Wallace's people Braveheart..Its My Island!!.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    lightman1 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

7voe8bt713ig.jpg

Howyoodooin?

HEEEEY Big boy.....
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2018
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Speaking of drive thru's, the Dunkin' Donuts by me has yet to get my order right....and I've been going there for 15 years. I mean....it's frickin' coffee and donuts man, how hard can it be.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342

7voe8bt713ig.jpg

Howyoodooin?

!!NWOD SMOOB :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    SCompRacer wrote: »

Howyoodooin?

!!NWOD SMOOB :D

And manBoobs

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Would you buy a used hifi from that man?

:|

• tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,038
    edited May 2018

Not sure.

But I bloody well wouldn't purchase a used shrubbery from him.
    Two tiered effect or not.
  • pitdogg2
    tonyp063 wrote: »

Not sure.

But I bloody well wouldn't purchase a used shrubbery from him.
    Two tiered effect or not.

Our a used goat....
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    tonyb wrote: »
    Speaking of drive thru's, the Dunkin' Donuts by me has yet to get my order right....and I've been going there for 15 years. I mean....it's frickin' coffee and donuts man, how hard can it be.
    Try ordering what you don't want, and just maybe they'll get it "right." Worth a shot. :p
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I hate slow computers. Including mine. It can barely run Windows 10 it’s so slow!
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    The person that did this out their parked car door at King Soopers, I'm feeling the hate and I don't even know you.

ek0zbmetyak8.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    This entire post...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    Where’s brucey????
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2018
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Where’s brucey????

hmmmm good question
    I wonder if the asylum found him and scooped him up?
  • Nightfall

• Nightfall

• Nightfall
    edited December 2019
    This is just the best series ever. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFxFOBBFtpA