Feel the hate thread

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Judith Durham .... {sigh}

Back on topic, though. Viking, you asked for this by posting that gd coke commercial !

5 minutes 47 seconds .... which you WILL watch in its entirety !! Dam your gawds !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqwyOeAL2ls

Exhibit A of what George Orwell was trying to warn us about. :o

I saw Up With People at an IBM "family day" thing at the local fairgrounds back in 1975. (I recall the year because I saw "Jaws" for the first time the next night.) :p

A few years ago, that song popped into my mind (again), so I researched Up With People. A 2009 documentary ("Smile Till It Hurts" HAHAHA) tells a lot of their history. It turns out they had similarities to a cult, including arranged marriages of their members. :o
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited January 2018
    Bump!
    Weak **** toilet paper. I'm a 3 square guy and everytime I fold the three in half and "go for it", I feel my finger always lands on the perforations.

Grabbing beer 4, wish me luck!
    Post edited by mrbiron on
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited January 2018
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Bump!
    Weak **** towelette paper. I'm a 3 square guy and everytime I fold the three in half and "go for it", I feel my finger always lands on the perforations.

Grabbing beer 4, wish me luck!

3 isn’t enough no matter what you use. Bunch it up bud! It’s not the papers fault!

Where is this 4th beer coming from?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Reminds me of something Frank Zappa would write.

Man how did those guys NOT screw up and say what I was thinking they were going to say!

Brilliant!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    People driving when you get to points where two lanes become one, especially quickly after a stop light, who gun it to get in front of you then proceed to drive 5 under the speed limit. WTF was the point in doing that? You could have driven that slowly behind me just fine.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS!!!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    People who don't clean their cars off after a snow fall. Don't be so farkin' lazy
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    How about just people in general. Seems to me once they go out in public, a switch goes off and turns them into instant a-holes.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Willow wrote: »
    People who don't clean their cars off after a snow fall. Don't be so farkin' lazy

Our neighbor who's 27 brushed his windshield off and drove off. I'm 60 and went and cleaned both cars off. At least down to the ice. I left my truck alone though. I didn't want to pull a groin.
  • deronb1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »

Resulting in the aerodynamically inspired roof configuration wryly known as a Snowhawk. :)

l9ar57xogine.png

Ha! Ha! Ha!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    That amniotic material which is neither yolk nor eggwhite.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    This car is parked. Feel the hate.

sbujlx73ic7j.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Nightfall wrote: »
    This car is parked. Feel the hate.
    Immediate castration is in order.
  • txcoastal1
    Cackling chickens at the grocery store taking both side of the aisles along with their carts :#

• deronb1
    That car would have all its valve cores removed. Takes about 45 seconds.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I keep a valve stem tool -- handy.
    Just sayin'.
  • Tony M
    YEP. You take the guts out and then they go to fill it up and then they laugh. Easy fix so not too hurt $$ wise for a lesson learned.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    People driving when you get to points where two lanes become one, especially quickly after a stop light, who gun it to get in front of you then proceed to drive 5 under the speed limit. WTF was the point in doing that? You could have driven that slowly behind me just fine.

It's the "Gotta be first" syndrome. Happens here a lot too and I find it ilarious when someone in a subcompact car cuts me off in my half ton...seriously...you think I'm gonna stop a 20 year old 4,700Lb truck on a dime? HAH!

Happens all over. Lost count of the d bags that would speed up to get around you, cut you off, then brake hard...and your in a fully loaded 6 wheeler or semi dump. Sad part is, here in my state anyway , it's always the trucks fault.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    I know the IDIOT who cuts in front to save a few seconds scenario soooo well.

I used to have 35,000 or 45,000 lbs. on my Boom truck all the time over 15 years. Fully loaded to the max and then some, a few times. It's a given somebody will do what you said. As soon as an idiot got into my percieved braking distance, I'd have to back off the gas to save THEIR LIVES. And they didn't even know it. Ungrateful idiots didn't even wave thank you.

I old guy did a U-TURN in the highway off of a side street. The guys in my cab were freekin out and preparing for us in my boom truck to go right over him broad side. I was empty but he didn't stand a chance of living if I hit him . I quickly looked in my side mirror and saw a lot of space and I Immediately turned to the left to avoid him and I looked at the turning lane next. Nobody coming at us so to left more we went. We missed him by a few feet. I don't think he ever saw my Boom Truck. The three guys said that was the BEST DRIVIMG THEY HAD EVER SEEN. All thre..LOL. I even got the fist bumps!

I know of a man who didn't make it when he pulled out in front of a guy I know trucking Co.. The driver had to take a month or two off to finally calm down from that scene.
  • txcoastal1
    I hate lunch runners...you know those kids that hauledass when the lunch bell rang

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The post manscaping itch.
    I'm married, do I really need to do this anymore?!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    I have a buddy who had five older brothers. The oldest one made my buddy when he was a little kid sit at his feet and crack pistachios for him. The older brother would watch TV while my buddy would crack them open until the older brother had his fill. If he didn’t crack them fast enough the older brother’d smack him one. Even worse was if he’d give the older brother one of those putrid tasting rotten ones.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Winter drivers who can't fathom the concept of a clean windshield or leaving for work a few minutes early.