Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Addendum: Shady Skip had a set up at LSAF with a set of Rossos.. Roseos. Roscoes....??? The cabinets and side panel colours were "unconventional".
    But the sound...The Music!... bella provissimo!

You say that to the ugly girls too :/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    DSkip wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Addendum: Shady Skip had a set up at LSAF with a set of Rossos.. Roseos. Roscoes....??? The cabinets and side panel colours were "unconventional".
    But the sound...The Music!... bella provissimo!

You say that to the ugly girls too :/

They might be ugly to you, but to Russ.....

bella provissimo!
    Russ knows no ugly girls...... there girls some have 4 legs some 2
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im hiding this nugget in this thread Skip. Sold the 703s already (made some money too). I couldn't get used to the tweeter. Accurate and while not bad sounding, lacked the bloom and air that ive grown accustomed to with nautilus tweeters. How do the Sig series handle the high end?
  • deronb1
    Thanks. Yeah, might come a bit closer. I may pull the trigger on some S60s at next FF if offered.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    There isn't a Polk speaker made that sounds like a B&W.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Im hiding this nugget in this thread Skip. Sold the 703s already (made some money too). I couldn't get used to the tweeter. Accurate and while not bad sounding, lacked the bloom and air that ive grown accustomed to with nautilus tweeters. How do the Sig series handle the high end?

While not "intimately" familiar with the 703/705 etc.... I have heard them.
    They sounded lively on the highs and the mids wanted you to be "there"....but were just as happy knowing that just connecting emotionally with them was "just as good" My .02.......

But! In a another thinly veiled sexual innuendo.
    The Sigs want you to like them. They come out with the freshly updated package.
    Looks great from an outward appearance, but you can see a bit of her history lying beneath the new veneer.
    "I'm here and I have new bewbs! Look at them!
    But way down deep below that sassy upfront plastic surgery....is the same pretty girl you fell in love with 44 years ago.

It does take going through changes to realise you were OK after all....

It took me 30 minutes to say that......
  • deronb1
    F1nut wrote: »
    There isn't a Polk speaker made that sounds like a B&W.

Ive no doubt, but maybe floorstanders will change the game if i can get enough extension from the top..
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    msg wrote: »
    Flakey Jimmy told me he managed a pair of S60s for a ridiculously low price. Delivery on the 11th. Will swing by to help him set up and get the skinny. Will post back when I get the specifics. Now to get him educated on properly driving them and to quit buying receivers and AVRs and stuff that isn't really a bargain (I know, I know, I did/do the same thing...)
    I just heard from Flakey Jimmy this morning. He took delivery of his new "S60s" yesterday afternoon, the ones he was telling me he got an amazing deal on in the Polk Ebay store, one that even I couldn't believe, and looked like it had expired when I went to go check it out.

Wellt, turns out FJ actually ordered Monitor 60s by mistake lol. Attributes it to excitement and emotional buying. Guess I shouldn't have unleashed so much system on him at one time.

LESSONS LEARNED
    • Friends do not let friends buy speakers unattended.
    • With great audio comes great responsibility. Use your power for good.

Knowing Is Half The Battle
    zvgta3859542.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • deronb1
    Ha! He might end up liking the monitor 60s
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    HIs wife is trying to sell him on a visit to this fun place
    dxxto5wpr163.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    mrloren wrote: »
    Color does not matter, sound matters....

Thank goodness ;)

32427150645_1d4d778484_b.jpgDSC_6937 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Flakey Jimmy, stays true to his name.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Flakey Jimmy told me he managed a pair of S60s for a ridiculously low price. Delivery on the 11th. Will swing by to help him set up and get the skinny. Will post back when I get the specifics. Now to get him educated on properly driving them and to quit buying receivers and AVRs and stuff that isn't really a bargain (I know, I know, I did/do the same thing...)
    I just heard from Flakey Jimmy this morning. He took delivery of his new "S60s" yesterday afternoon, the ones he was telling me he got an amazing deal on in the Polk Ebay store, one that even I couldn't believe, and looked like it had expired when I went to go check it out.

Wellt, turns out FJ actually ordered Monitor 60s by mistake lol. Attributes it to excitement and emotional buying. Guess I shouldn't have unleashed so much system on him at one time.

LESSONS LEARNED
    • Friends do not let friends buy speakers unattended.
    • With great audio comes great responsibility. Use your power for good.

At least you didn't ask him to order a pair for you too.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    Ctxx24 wrote: »
    lavd97x99guw.jpg
    First post here just showing my 55s and 30..I will be getting 15s for my rears and side mount soon.. Very happy I went with these I think they sound amazing..

Nice setup. Welcome to CP!!
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    Very nice setup.

Welcome to the money spending forum :)

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Welcome Ctxx24. Looks nice. Enjoy!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congrats, welcome and enjoy!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Welcome, and that is a great looking setup.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    @Ctxx24 - Great looking setup!

What kind of AV stand is that (make & model)? Looks like it fits the S30 perfectly!

Welcome to the Polk Forum/Club Polk :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Ctxx24
    Ctxx24 Posts: 66
    halo wrote: »

What kind of AV stand is that (make & model)? Looks like it fits the S30 perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004IDS6II/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It does fit in perfectly.. I put the back pegs down one so it's angled up.. I really like it..
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004IDS6II/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It does fit in perfectly.. I put the back pegs down one so it's angled up.. I really like it..
    Great idea!
  • halo
    edited July 2017
    Electronics Expo is selling Polk Signature S15 speakers as "used" on Amazon.com, but they're new in the box, for $129.77!

I grabbed a pair of these "used" speakers and they are in perfect condition (BNIB). Run, don't walk, and get in on this deal before it's gone!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Ctxx24
    Electronics Expo is selling Polk Signature S15 speakers as "used" on Amazon.com, but they're new in the box, for $129.77!

I grabbed a pair of these "used" speakers and they are in perfect condition (BNIB). Run, don't walk, and get in on this deal before it's gone!

That's a great price.. However i just got a second sub = funds gone lol
  • Ctxx24
    It's in a different language but I liked watching being I have 55s..

https://youtu.be/c86gKHCuNGM
  • halo
    It's in a different language but I liked watching being I have 55s..

https://youtu.be/c86gKHCuNGM

I believe I posted that video earlier in this thread.
  • Ctxx24
    Haha oh well guess I'm reminding people of it
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,582
    Seems like someone is trying to sell some Signature series flavor?kjrdnkcdfoqa.jpg
    5pwph2va8ojm.jpg
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”