The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    TForan wrote: »
    Yes, and they can only be ordered by the original owner after they take delivery.

For $1.00 , right ? Or I'm missing something. You can certainly do what you want but I would re-consider the sunroof.

From an on-line review

The weirdest option? A $4,995 power sunroof. At that price, it's by far the most expensive Demon option. Dodge is practically begging folks not to get it, and we don't blame them. Don't cut a hole in a structural element in your 840-horsepower Demon. Just. Don't.

But if that roof makes it a one of one car it could be a very smart thing.

I know people who will never get a sunroof because they're afraid it will leak. Maybe 30 years ago, but not these days. My last 6 cars have all had sunroofs... or moonroofs, as they like to call them now. I like em. Anyhow, what's the likelihood this thing will ever see rain?? :p
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 365
    edited June 2017
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Yes, and they can only be ordered by the original owner after they take delivery.

For $1.00 , right ? Or I'm missing something. You can certainly do what you want but I would re-consider the sunroof.

From an on-line review

The weirdest option? A $4,995 power sunroof. At that price, it's by far the most expensive Demon option. Dodge is practically begging folks not to get it, and we don't blame them. Don't cut a hole in a structural element in your 840-horsepower Demon. Just. Don't.

But if that roof makes it a one of one car it could be a very smart thing.

I know people who will never get a sunroof because they're afraid it will leak. Maybe 30 years ago, but not these days. My last 6 cars have all had sunroofs... or moonroofs, as they like to call them now. I like em. Anyhow, what's the likelihood this thing will ever see rain?? :p

The concern isn't leaking ,it's the structural loss by cutting a hole in your roof and adding weight to the top of the car. But, who cares, if you want a sunroof, get it !
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    >:)>:)>:)
    Seems to be the most appropriate emoji for this thread.
    Or maybe... B)B)B)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    >:)>:)>:)
    Seems to be the most appropriate emoji for this thread.
    Or maybe... :trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface::trollface:

Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Jstas wrote: »
    Did we ever find out what Gatecrasher's sooper fast car was?

I kinda wanted to know.

My last drag car was a 1967 Nova. I sold it a couple years ago to a guy in Ohio. .
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Did we ever find out what Gatecrasher's sooper fast car was?

I kinda wanted to know.

My last drag car was a 1967 Nova. I sold it a couple years ago to a guy in Ohio. .

I was honestly expecting more than just naming a popular car. No details?
    '
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited June 2017
    I'll tell you what. If F1nut posts up some pictures of his awesome home audio system, that up to this point he has been reluctant to show us, I will think about posting a picture of my old '67 drag car and on top of that will post-up some pics of my new 1,000+ HP supercharged big block Chevy that I have here sitting on an engine stand in my garage that I plan to drop in my pro street project car.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I'll tell you what. If F1nut posts up some pictures of his awesome home audio system, that up to this point he has been reluctant to show us, I will post a picture of my old '67 drag car and on top of that will post-up some pics of my new 1,000+ HP supercharged big block Chevy that I have here sitting on an engine stand in my garage that I plan to drop in my pro street project car.

Well played!
    Whip it out F1....then show us your system with the LIGHTS ON!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I don't know if F1 has any pics available, but there have been numerous knowledgeable folks who have had the privilege of seeing his setup in person and have commented quite favorably.
    I haven't because I happen to think that the $30 admission charge is a little excessive and that's without any guarantee of snack and beverages.
    $30 and no Cheese Puffs ? I don't think that's right.

So keep that in mind, John, with your Demon. I think $20 is fair. But I get to lick the Demon's tires, though. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I'll tell you what. If F1nut posts up some pictures of his awesome home audio system, that up to this point he has been reluctant to show us, I will think about posting a picture of my old '67 drag car and on top of that will post-up some pics of my new 1,000+ HP supercharged big block Chevy that I have here sitting on an engine stand in my garage that I plan to drop in my pro street project car.

Why does this have anything to do with F1nut?

I asked you a question and I asked to see what you were working with. I'm interested but all you've done so far is come up with reasons to not give any details or post pictures of whatever. I don't understand why I'm being punished because of your feuds here.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116

Why does this have anything to do with F1nut?

I asked you a question and I asked to see what you were working with. I'm interested but all you've done so far is come up with reasons to not give any details or post pictures of whatever. I don't understand why I'm being punished because of your feuds here.

Interested as well, has nothing to do with @F1nut

I used to drag race and will always miss it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

Interesting little write up. I am working my way through the comments now.
    I like this one:
    The Tesla will win in a street race, consistently and with all the charm of a vacuum cleaner. The demon is an air breathing acoustically shrieking fire bellied tire spitting beast. The Tesla is transportation.

Reminds me of the difference between soild state and vacuum tube hifi. The former: "all the charm of a vacuum cleaner". The latter "air breathing acoustically shrieking..."

Just as it should be :)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    So my buddy's dealership (he's the parts manager) got allotted 2. The first one got into a bidding war and ended up going for $240k.
    The losing bidder was so upset, he refused to put his name in for the second one and is instead getting something else. LOL.

My buddy said that both were aware of the penalty for paying higher price (lower in the build queue) but neither cared.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • On completed Ebay auctions the price is $10,000-$20,000 for buying a right to purchase plus MSRP. A long way from $240,000. What I'm I missing?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    On completed Ebay auctions the price is $10,000-$20,000 for buying a right to purchase plus MSRP. A long way from $240,000. What I'm I missing?

stupidity
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    lightman1 wrote: »
    It wasn't a personal attack. I pick on everbody. No one is exclusive.
    Heck... I pick on myself more than anything.
    Just axe TonyB.....he's a stumpy, grumpy Eyetalion....

Say what ? You giant bean stalk, lol

....and I'm not grumpy, actually quite jovial...except when faced with an onslaught of stupidity. Then Happy Tony turns into Goodfellas Tony. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    the pervasiveness of true stupidity can be mind-numbing.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    I know the dealers are marking them up , but how much ? So, you take someone's spot for 20K and then whatever the dealer will charge ? The dealers can't be charging more than another 25K or maybe they are . Crazy stuff.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    On completed Ebay auctions the price is $10,000-$20,000 for buying a right to purchase plus MSRP. A long way from $240,000. What I'm I missing?

Your missing the part where dealers can charge whatever people are willing to pay.
    And avoiding the hassle of an easily reneged upon eBay auction.

Also, check out the completed auctions...the prices are all over the place...from $1525 to $70k...
    Only one actual auction states that is specifically for a car and that closed at $145k.

Also factor in that central Iowa dealers were only allotted a total of 6 cars (3 dealers considered large enough to qualify for the allotment.

There are tons of factors, stupidity, exclusivity, **** envy...you name it.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2017
    The reason the 71 Hemi Cuda convertible is so pricey , is the fact they made only eleven total. I read where in the first year, they are going to build 3000 Demons and maybe more the next year. Not that exclusive but like I said before , maybe just about as far as the horsepower will go, so that might be worth a lot in the future.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    How much do you anticipate having to pay in personal property tax on this car yearly? What about insurance? Or if you only drive it on a track can you opt to not have it licensed?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Found out yesterday my car is likely to be the only one built in my color with the satin black hood and a sunroof. The rarest of the rare usually means valuable later on.

I am getting excited.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Because of what the car is intended to be, I would think a sunroof will devalue the car compared to one without in the future.

Then again, it's a crap shoot either way. So who knows. If we're all still around when you go to sell I guess we'll see

:p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • If you're looking for rarity, a sunroof is a good choice. I bet less than 100 will have one.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Of the allocation for the western region, there are only a dozen with the roof, all are black or tor-red, except for mine.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited August 2017
    Found out yesterday my car is likely to be the only one built in my color with the satin black hood and a sunroof. The rarest of the rare usually means valuable later on.

I am getting excited.

Better be careful you'll put your eye out with that wood. ;)

that is cool though
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    I finally got a ride in my friends new Hellcat last night. All I can say is, Holy Crap! He was driving from a 40mph float and nailed it, and then tires broke loose. I'm not a Mopar guy and never will be but, it sure was a fun ride!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I am getting excited.

Nah dude, no need to worry about that: he showed it to me already, and it's way too short for that.

Alea jacta est!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Kex wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I am getting excited.

Nah dude, no need to worry about that: he showed it to me already, and it's way too short for that.

Some things are better left unsaid. :#:*
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p