The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    They made more of these, but if I add the sunroof, that will make my car pretty scarce, the color even rarer, and then attrition, I could get into that 1 of 1 left catagory.... but there are a lot of if's along the way.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    This is 2017 the age of stupidity, half of the full production will be totaled out in the first 3 or 4 weeks, mostly on the dealer's lot.
  • nooshinjohn
    I prefer serenely transported home on a flatbed truck and stored away with loving care just waiting for 2999 of them to be wiped out Darwin-style.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    lightman1 wrote: »
    daboyz wrote: »
    Gotta admit, The lightman is equal opportunity.

Who loves ya, Dave?

Only you...... :)
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    John one thing is for sure. That is a very nice car.

This thread is not much different than the audio related topics on the board. Everyone has an opinion....

Enjoy it in any way you decide.

Congrats!
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    My dearest friend, F. Bueller, says to drive it in reverse wherever you go.

Finally looked up the "Demon Pack". I wonder what the price on the demon pack is alone? A bunch of Snap-On tools, wheels, and a number of other items with custom applied decals to match Dodge's "Demon" logo. My guess it $5,000...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron wrote: »

Finally looked up the "Demon Pack". I wonder what the price on the demon pack is alone? A bunch of Snap-On tools, wheels, and a number of other items with custom applied decals to match Dodge's "Demon" logo. My guess it $5,000...

I think it is one dollar.

• nooshinjohn
    Retail for everything in the kit is about 6500.00.............

• mrbiron

Do they have serial numbers that match the car somehow?
  • nooshinjohn
    Yes, and they can only be ordered by the original owner after they take delivery.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    There are some Youtube videos up now because Dodge released info on its Hellcat "Widebody" a couple of days ago which borrows some of the body work from the design of the Demon. Looks like that is a more road worthy car than before with wider tires all around and much better handling. Not close to what a Demon is designed to do though since the Demon is built for a different purpose.
  • ?

The list of options contains the Demon Produce, a person seat, a rear counter (upholstered in either fabric or leather), and a trunk rug kit. The good news is that every alternative charge just $1. That’s correct; unleashing the Demon’s full capacity is cheaper than a McChicken sandwich.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    May I drive it when you get it, John?
  • mrbiron

There isn't enough ArmorAll on the planet!

He'd probably have to resort to Fire at that point...
  • Retail for everything in the kit is about 6500.00.............

The cost to the buyer of a Demon is $1.00 , correct ? I see it's $4000 for the sunroof. Wow !

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    TForan wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

The rear seat and passenger seat are $1. The Demon Kit is a stand-alone package.

I can tell you that the rear tires cost $540 each. The skinny fronts aren't that bad but still more per tire than the tires on my Jeep. Hehe
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350

Drive it like a granny or drive it like you stole it?

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

I see it's $4000 for the sunroof. Wow !

That not a sunroof its an escape hatch. Or fresh air intake for nitro-methane
    SCompRacer wrote: »

Rich you have to ask really? He only knows how to dive one way and his granny will not ride with him >:)

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    They made more of these, but if I add the sunroof, that will make my car pretty scarce, the color even rarer, and then attrition, I could get into that 1 of 1 left catagory.... but there are a lot of if's along the way.

We'll be pullin' for you! :)
  • ZLTFUL wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »

The rear seat and passenger seat are $1. The Demon Kit is a stand-alone package.

I can tell you that the rear tires cost $540 each. The skinny fronts aren't that bad but still more per tire than the tires on my Jeep. Hehe

And on top of that, the serialized Demon Crate, with all the drag-strip goodies you could ever want (including narrow front-runner wheels, a performance powertrain module that unleashes all 840 horsepower and 770 pound-feet of torque from that 6.2-liter V8 engine, and a bunch of tools to put it all together), will be available to Demon customers for just $1 (actual retail value: $6,140). It's like underbidding everyone on "The Price is Right."

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    Yes, and they can only be ordered by the original owner after they take delivery.

Will that involve a couple extra bucks ? Sure, BUT get 'er done now and you'll be twice the happy camper down the road.
    I've mentioned it before, but worst case will be that you sell it for what you paid for it.
    In that case, you could have had a better ROI if you had put your money into pork belly futures. :D
    But where's the fun in that ?
    Just try to avoid the temptation to put your foot into that temptress's .... uhm ...... floorboard. o:)
    Sal Palooza
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited June 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Rich you have to ask really? He only knows how to dive one way and his granny will not ride with him >:)

You're right! lightman is either 'on' or 'off.' :D

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Yes, and they can only be ordered by the original owner after they take delivery.

For $1.00 , right ? Or I'm missing something. You can certainly do what you want but I would re-consider the sunroof.

From an on-line review

The weirdest option? A $4,995 power sunroof. At that price, it's by far the most expensive Demon option. Dodge is practically begging folks not to get it, and we don't blame them. Don't cut a hole in a structural element in your 840-horsepower Demon. Just. Don't.

• nooshinjohn
    The Demon kit is stand-alone, but it will only cost a buck

• nooshinjohn
    edited June 2017

For $1.00 , right ? Or I'm missing something. You can certainly do what you want but I would re-consider the sunroof.

From an on-line review

The weirdest option? A $4,995 power sunroof. At that price, it's by far the most expensive Demon option. Dodge is practically begging folks not to get it, and we don't blame them. Don't cut a hole in a structural element in your 840-horsepower Demon. Just. Don't.

But if that roof makes it a one of one car it could be a very smart thing.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

You're right! lightman is either 'on' or 'off.' :D

Just keep him away from "three way fixtures"...
  • TForan wrote: »

From an on-line review

But if that room makes it a one of one car it could be a very smart thing.

Could be.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

Stole it.....
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Did we ever find out what Gatecrasher's sooper fast car was?

I kinda wanted to know.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I'm kind of curious, also, and I believe that would be on-topic in this car thread.
    I'm okay with that.
    Sal Palooza
This discussion has been closed.