Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• DrumSolo
    DrumSolo Posts: 9
    edited April 2017
    ry84oyqxafzt.jpg
    Thanks again @vcwatkins and all who participated... :o oh and thank you @Mr_Hz for this awesome case! :D
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Received mine yesterday. Thanks to @250GTLusso for getting this round started and thanks to @vcwatkins for running with the ball.
    4pn4wnd32fs0.jpg
    38udnhasw4lx.jpg
    73aq9zp2laqc.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    Yep laminectomy,2 thru 5

At least that's better than a Orchiectomy 1&2
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    what about #3?
    I disabled signatures.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    At least that's better than a Orchiectomy 1&2

Those were gone when I said I Do and she said the 3 was a keeper ;)
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Got in late last night from music fest (getting too old for this, hehe) and found mine at front door. I'll send a PM out and update the list today. Many thanks to @250GTLusso!
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    Mine was supposed to come on Friday according to the P.O., it came Saturday at work, of course. Just got it out of the mailbox and the box has taken some abuse, with a big split in the side. I'll open it later and make sure there is no damage.

Thanks to @250GTLusso and @vcwatkins for all their work to pull this off.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Contents look fine. I wonder how they were shipped from Sri Lanka? It seems Avel was just a middleman as these are made in Sri Lanka, I wonder what role if any Avel played beyond placing the order and packing and shipping them.

Time to order the rest of what I need. It will be several weeks before I assemble.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • vcwatkins
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Contents look fine. I wonder how they were shipped from Sri Lanka? It seems Avel was just a middleman as these are made in Sri Lanka, I wonder what role if any Avel played beyond placing the order and packing and shipping them.

Time to order the rest of what I need. It will be several weeks before I assemble.

H9

Glad it made it okay. My box was in good shape. I immediately discarded the box since recyclables were picked up early this morning, so I never noticed the Sri Lanka address. Interesting.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • heiney9
    The Sri Lanka is a sticker on the actual transformer.
  • heiney9
    edited April 2017
    kmeek wrote: »
    Mine just came in and aside from the box being a little mangled they had the tranny wedged in with a good amount of cardboard and packing paper.

ekaltyoaz6qq.jpg

vcwatkins, look at the upper left corner of the first photo.

• vcwatkins
    Ahh, gotcha, thanks.
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    Yes, I received mine on Saturday and had it together and completed by the end of the day. Yeh! :smiley:

Thanks again @vcwatkins and @250GTLusso for putting on the group buy. Hopefully the next time we put one of these together I will own a pair of 1.2tl's that I will be in need of another dreadnought (wishful thinking).
  • heiney9
    There's nothing wrong with them being made in Sri Lanka. I just assumed for the cost and special order they would be made in the USA at the actual Avel Lindberg plant. Maybe there is no such thing as a "US Plant".

H9
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Kinda explains why it takes so long to get them, probably takes a month to ship and receive through customs
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • kmeek
    kmeek Posts: 225
    There's nothing wrong with them being made in Sri Lanka. I just assumed for the cost and special order they would be made in the USA at the actual Avel Lindberg plant. Maybe there is no such thing as a "US Plant".

H9

While I am sipping on my Sumatran coffee auditioning my 2.3's through my Sri Lankan dreadnought I think I will be happy just the same... :wink:
  • jojo674
    jojo674 Posts: 4
    If anyone bought a 1000VA and does not need it. If anyone can part with one 1000VA that would be greatly appreciated. I actually have 1.2 tl's and fried the left side SDA and other drivers because my AI-1 is done. Had to start from scratch. I have owned these for 29 years. Can only afford this one time. Please help.
  • heiney9
    Avel makes and stocks an 800vA model that performs superbly with SDA's. The 1000vA is a slight improvement.

H9
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    So quit messing around, put them together and report your findings. B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • jojo674
    Avel makes and stocks an 800vA model that performs superbly with SDA's. The 1000vA is a slight improvement.

H9

Thank you.
    Looking for the 1000VA

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    jojo674 wrote: »

H9

Thank you.
    Looking for the 1000VA

You'd be very happy with the 800VA.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• heiney9

H9

Thank you.
    Looking for the 1000VA

Good luck, maybe someone will sell. I will sell mine for $1000. $1 per vA.

H9
  • jojo674
    edited April 2017
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    I already have all new drivers, tweeters, upgraded to Tl's. New VR3 Fortress mod with high grade posts, connectors, internal wires, & SDA cable. Trey is making that as we speak.

Awesome. Get on the 800VA tranny, and you will be in absolute heaven compared to where you just came from. You can always jump to the next level whenever the next group buy happens.

Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • heiney9
    Nice review!!

Got the remainder of parts today from Parts Express. I hope to build mine this weekend and get it in the system.

H9
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    By the way, I used the Neutrik cable to cable adapter that you found for the comparisons. Thanks for letting us know about the adapter H9!
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • vcwatkins
    According to confirmations, 17 of 27 members have theirs so far. If anyone has received but not confirmed with me, please PM me.

Thanks and Dread On!

Craig
  • vcwatkins
    Thanks for confirming guys! Still waiting to hear from a few folks:

@250GTLusso
    @amb426amb1
    @dd2753
    @Goat
    @Nesmith98
    @Polk65
    @RobbyKY
    @villock

Please update me on your status when possible.

Thanks,
    Craig