Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    D2Lo wrote: »
    They will be available to all Pro Source dealers exclusively.

What is a Pro Source dealer and how does anyone locate one? Polk also used to list Custom Installers on the website. Now, when I search on my zip, the 10 closest dealer locations to me are Best Buy and The Home Depot?

The Home Depot didn't have the Signature series in any finish. :p
    Hey @D2Lo, Pro Source dealers... How do we learn who they are??
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    9hnjr8xc53iz.jpg
    I am digging my new set up.

Very, very nice. Looks like you have a good receiver on them too. Rock them bad boy's.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Thanks for the info, at least I know we can go to @dskip for walnut

Bummer DSkip is not in CA.

I liked the walnut and the way it blends well with the rest of the speaker. Awesome speaker and WAF should be high on these.

errr now I have to wait for walnut.

I know dskip has regional shipping available

@DSkip, can you get the walnut shipped to CA once released?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119

What is a Pro Source dealer and how does anyone locate one? Polk also used to list Custom Installers on the website. Now, when I search on my zip, the 10 closest dealer locations to me are Best Buy and The Home Depot?

We all used to be registered through distribution as Polk dealers. After the housing crash the library slid downhill.

I know @dskip has registered can should be able to be verified for warranty. There are 1/2 dozen whole distributors through out the nation, many with national offices that dealers can invite clients to sit in demo rooms upon appointments, or the pro-dealer like Skip may have demos already at the office.

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352

Good question. Crutch field is the largest dealer in that mix. I'm trying to get a full list of dealers rummaging through their site. Can't seem to find one yet. http://www.prosourceinfo.com/members/member-profiles/
  • mrloren
    I am just like a kid in a candy store on these walnut speakers. After hearing them has made it worse.... :)
  • mdaudioguy
    All things considered, I think Polk hit a solid homerun with this new line. The S60s and S35 I setup this week were well-built, and produced quality sound that I'm sure will improve with break-in.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    If you need a deal to sweeten the pot, Crutchfield is offering a deal: Save $50 on Polk Audio Signature S10 satellites with select Signature series floor-standing speakers

(Save $50 on a pair of Polk Audio Signature S10 satellite speakers when you purchase two select Polk Audio Signature series floor-standing speakers.

Just add the qualifying speakers to your cart and we'll automatically add the instant savings to your order.

Offer ends 2/25/2017. We retain the right to cancel and/or modify this offer at any time without prior notice. Return of qualifying purchase will void the offer and will require an adjustment of the refund amount to reflect the discount given).

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-dVQj4FnrxiH/Product/Specials/Default.aspx?offerid=146444&omnews=13800385
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mrloren wrote: »
    9hnjr8xc53iz.jpg
    I am digging my new set up.

Very, very nice. Looks like you have a good receiver on them too. Rock them bad boy's.

Thanks...torrential rain and wind all weekend in sunny socal has kept me inside all weekend, forcing me to listen to lots of music and watch alot of tv. I have been rocking them and I swear they are just getting better :)
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • mrloren
    Yes we had a rare good weekend for movies and music.

How do you think my Marantz SR5010 would drive these?
  • mrloren
    Nice,

Once I sell the 5700ES I will put that into HT funds which are now:

#1 signature S55 or if budget permits S60

#2 Oppo

#3 VTF3-MK5

I spent the last two years on woodworking tools now that's complete it full thrust to HT.
  • D2Lo wrote: »
    Some TT picks :-)

drijhbe6ctor.jpeg
    5dtbzez3bsoj.jpeg

These are truly beautiful. I wish I have this model.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Those guitars must be Carly's
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrloren
    Would be nice if Polk would come out with a big center like the CSI5 for these.

Walnut, Polk said sometime in March, I still need to sell my Sony ES receiver and some fishing gear.
  • mdaudioguy
    I wonder how much demand there is among "regular folk" for larger centers? I bet not much. Something tells me that's the reason the S35 exists.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I wonder how much demand there is among "regular folk" for larger centers? I bet not much. Something tells me that's the reason the S35 exists.

Without a doubt you are correct, which is why I'm hanging on to my large CC.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    I know but I built my TV stand to fit a large center, wishful thinking if they made one.

I have a CSi5 and a TSX250C wonder which one will blend better with a pair of S55?
  • We need to see more users Signature Series set up please!
  • mrloren
    That is a sweet setup,

come on Walnut. oh wait I need to sell the Sony 5700ES first
  • mrloren wrote: »
    That is a sweet setup,

come on Walnut. oh wait I need to sell the Sony 5700ES first

As I need to sell my CS10 and T15's! Lol
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Has anyone heard both the Sig's and LSiM's?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Has anyone heard both the Sig's and LSiM's?

Yes. The LSiM is the better speaker, but also retails for four to six times the cost depending on model. The Signatures have a little more on the top end, but otherwise tonally, they aren't far apart.

Kinda cements the Sigs as a poor man's LSIM.

Cathy, throw some Chia pet seeds on that floor or somethin', my ears hurt just looking at that pic. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2017
    My ears like how it sounds just fine Tony. :p

Besides, these are Polk speakers not B&W speakers. If they were, THEN you would have something to complain about!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited February 2017
    Cathy, you should consider an area rug to tame reflections a bit. I got mine at Walmart for... I can't remember. Less than $50 I think.

TO7STcT.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk