Polk Signature Series Official Discussion

Comments

• D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    @polrbehr

I am not sure on the specific dates. They have a pretty elaborate schedule on when each store switches over. Where in NY are you? I grew up in Newburgh.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I live in the *expensive* part of Long Island. If you don't know the area, it's the part that's surrounded by water... ;)

I was always reluctant to buy speakers online (without at least hearing them first), good reviews aside. This S35 will be the first time I've done this, so I'm hoping for good results.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Now you're cookin' DiJulio! I like the walnut finish. Do they have release date on those? If it's still hush-hush, I can dig. B);)
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,272
    edited January 2017
    nothing to see here, move along now
    I disabled signatures.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    They look very nice, but I will be getting the black S60.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    oh man, I am going have to get a part time at 7/11 or something. I really want a set of S60 in the brown walnut now. I would also ave to build a new stand to match....
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,457
    The brown walnut on the bottom bases is a nice touch. It would have been very easy to leave that just black.
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • mrloren
    D2Lo wrote: »
    @polrbehr

I am not sure on the specific dates. They have a pretty elaborate schedule on when each store switches over. Where in NY are you? I grew up in Newburgh.

Hmm spent a summer at camp Buckner training cadets. We stayed at Stewart AFB for two months. Pretty area in the summer.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • D2Lo
    yup, I grew up right near the Air Force base.
  • mrloren
    I dig that brown walnut, now I might put off an Oppo this year to get a set of these.
  • I'm quite interested in this new Polk lineup, specifically the S20+S35. Especially in that walnut, very nice. However, I can't seem to find *any* reviews on these anywhere. My use would be 60/40 music/HT and they need to really work well for music. Haven't seen anywhere you can order them in any color other that black so far...
    AFTV2->Kodi 17->Marantz SR6010->Integra DTA 70.1-> 3 X Chane A2RX-c + 2 DCM OW+Klipsch HQ12 sub
  • D2Lo
    Hi Chris, glad you are digging the walnut. We just announce the Walnut last week. They are not in stores yet and will be distributed exclusively by ProSource dealers (Crutchfield and regional hi-fi shops)
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited January 2017
    D2Lo wrote: »
    q46abq8nmdz4.png
    OK, Now I really like the look of this!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Yeah I liked the black, but the Walnut is really nice. I would really like to get my ears on these.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    If only the bezel was black.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    F1nut wrote: »

Black paint @F1nut

Never mind.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165

Agree. Seems like a strange choice. If anything, the gray bezel would look better on the black speakers, but I'd prefer black on both. Oh well, just keep the grills on.
  • mdaudioguy
    Btw, a friend of mine purchased a pair of S60 towers and we set them up yesterday. They sounded great, and were easily driven by his early 2000s Denon receiver. They really presented a nice, wide soundstage - much better than expected for the price.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    They are easy to drive
    Great for most systems
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrloren
    I will know this week on how they are I hope. No I didn't order but I am to have a listen.
  • F1nut
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Agree. Seems like a strange choice. If anything, the gray bezel would look better on the black speakers, but I'd prefer black on both. Oh well, just keep the grills on.

Agreed.....someone needs a lesson on complimentary colors starting with black goes with everything.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Well.....black would look nice with Walnut.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • mdaudioguy
    Just noticed that even if the grills are on, you'd still be able to see the gray legs from the sides below the power port.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Looked at some of the signature series last night with the wife at a BB.

Only had the black finish one's and not a fan of that color.

Sound wise, the setup/demo system was not very good which is not unusual at a BB.

Would like to see some with the walnut finish.
  • D2Lo
    Best Buy will only be carrying the black.

The graphite grey goes great with the brown walnut. It makes it feel much more premium. You need to see it in person. Here are some new lifestyle shots we finished up this week.

827ahwkg6wd6.jpeg
    yjtoumo8nche.jpeg
    hhha8mis4ycr.jpeg
    20hhxe7eqm01.jpeg
    yzymkem0i07y.jpeg

• F1nut
    Sorry Mike, I don't agree.

President of Club Polk

• I am with Jesse on this one. If desired could a purchaser remove the pieces so they could be painted Black?

Could the average individual remove and reinstall the face plate without breaking it?
  • F1nut
    So, I just read Mike's response in another thread about the color in which he states the bezel and driver plate is the same color on the black and walnut versions. Hmmmm......

President of Club Polk

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I think candy apple red cabinets with black bezels would be a sweet color combo.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    I am with Jesse on this one. If desired could a purchaser remove the pieces so they could be painted Black?

Could the average individual remove and reinstall the face plate without breaking it?

Steve, you can remove the plate around the drivers, but the bezel material is glued to the cabinet.

President of Club Polk