• Love the magnetic Grills
    Denon X1200W
    Sony BDP S-590
    Mains Signature S60
    Center Signature S55
    Surrounds Polk RTi-4
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    ^^^ Fyi, everyone talks about the Signature towers, but you can start the makings of a pretty nice HT with 2-3 pairs of those big bookies and a center...
  • im looking for wallmount stands for S20s. anyone know if these would fit the standard 13" deep clamping style stands? only the power port section of the speakers is over 13"
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    Don't they have a key-hole on them?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • ill have to double check, but im pretty sure the S20s have no mounting features at all.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 721
    Rick88 wrote: »

^^A lot of speaker for that price.
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    ^^^ Fyi, everyone talks about the Signature towers, but you can start the makings of a pretty nice HT with 2-3 pairs of those big bookies and a center...

^ I second that.
    mrloren wrote: »
    Don't they have a key-hole on them?

^ They do not have key-holes (S20s)
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    The S15 has a keyhole.
  • jmbgator
    jmbgator Posts: 3
    edited March 2017
    Hi guys- Newbie here and interested in the Signature series. I have a Denon AVR-s720 7.2 receiver rated at 75W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08% 2 channel driven). How well will the receiver drive the signature series speakers? Will I run any risk of clipping? I'm thinking of starting off in a 3.1 setup and maybe upgrade to 5.1 in the future.

Right now, I'm thinking buying a pair of either S-20 or S-15 bookshelf speakers plus an S-35 center channel speaker.

Will my receiver handle the requirements for these speakers or will I need to upgrade my amp?

Appreciate any help. Thanks
  • mrloren
    jmbgator wrote: »
    Hi guys- Newbie here and interested in the Signature series. I have a Denon AVR-s720 7.2 receiver rated at 75W per channel (8ohm, 20Hz-20kHz,THD:0.08% 2 channel driven). How well will the receiver drive the signature series speakers? Will I run any risk of clipping? I'm thinking of starting off in a 3.1 setup and maybe upgrade to 5.1 in the future.

Right now, I'm thinking buying a pair of either S-20 or S-15 bookshelf speakers plus an S-35 center channel speaker.

Will my receiver handle the requirements for these speakers or will I need to upgrade my amp?

yes it should be able to.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mrloren
    Well after a weekend of tossing the idea through the wife's head and mine I pulled the trigger on the signature set https://www.adorama.com/pkults20c.html?sdtid=9851260&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

Yes these are in black and i wanted the brown but for the cost of $800 I could not pass it up.

Now here is what made the deal. The wife gets to keep the cash that I sell my RTi8's for. I told her I would be lucky to get $200 for them but she still said ok. wonder if she got a new bag have not seen.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    That is a crazy good deal @mrloren
    Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrloren
    now for the 7-10 day wait. bummer they don't drop ship from Polk. I would have them by Thursday, Adorama said they ship from NY. Polk is right around the corner in Vista.

S60 will replace my RTi8
    S30 will replace my CSi-5
    S20 will replace my RTi4 in the bedroom HT

Which would my best choice for center S30, TSX250C, CSI-3 or CSI5? I am going to start with the S30 as center for the S60 and the TSX250C as the center for the S20.

any other config thoughts?
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    I guess I stopped following this thread and missed some good stuff.

I love the brown walnut. Almost makes me want to give up my LSi15's.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • jmbgator wrote: »

I just bought 2 S60's--I run an 80 Watt Denon and I just put these Polks in the system this afternoon--For my small listening area--I have plenty of power.
    Denon X1200W
    Sony BDP S-590
    Mains Signature S60
    Center Signature S55
    Surrounds Polk RTi-4
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    D2Lo wrote: »
    Thought you guys might like this:
    no1ilrf1x0v9.jpg

@D2Lo

Would it be possible to get images like this of each speaker in Polks current line (including the LSiM's).

It might be helpful going forward when folks are debating between floorstanding models and looking to see how they differ internally (if at all)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,465
    I know I've seen a cut-away view of either a 705 or 707 before, though neither product page has it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666

@D2Lo

Would it be possible to get images like this of each speaker in Polks current line (including the LSiM's).

It might be helpful going forward when folks are debating between floorstanding models and looking to see how they differ internally (if at all)

Debate the only thing that matters, the sound and not the internal construction.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    F1nut wrote: »

@D2Lo

Debate the only thing that matters, the sound and not the internal construction.

I dont disagree with you, however folks talk often about things like how the LSiM 707's midrange section is not the same as the LSiM 703's due to the differences in internal space available to the midrange driver, and how that affects the sound ever so slightly.

Being able to discern that via pictures and not have to dive deep into a forum might be nice.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    Well after a weekend of tossing the idea through the wife's head and mine I pulled the trigger on the signature set https://www.adorama.com/pkults20c.html?sdtid=9851260&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

Yes these are in black and i wanted the brown but for the cost of $800 I could not pass it up.

Now here is what made the deal. The wife gets to keep the cash that I sell my RTi8's for. I told her I would be lucky to get $200 for them but she still said ok. wonder if she got a new bag have not seen.

Holy crap! That is a smoking deal. Congrats.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352

Happy wife, happy life :smile:

• mrloren
    So far these S60 are hitting the sweet spot and I just got them. It's normal for when I listen to music grandma gets her potato self off the couch and goes to her room. I played Scorpions moment of glory and she kicked back and listened to it. So far the wife has not gone into witch mode.

I did turn off Audyssey and flipped the switch on the sub off for Rush 2112. Put my Marantz SR5010 in pure direct mode. Bass was nice tight highs did not want to make my ears bleed at all. I like this CD for testing, it goes all over the place from hair metal rocking to nice soft waterfall with some acoustic added in.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    F1nut wrote: »

@D2Lo

Amen.

The late Allen Wright designed and sold a (rather nice, actually) solid state phono preamp under the brand name JLTi: Just Listen To it.
    http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue28/jlti_phono.htm

It all begins -- and ends -- with listening.

• F1nut
    The internal construction does have an impact on the sound. If the internals are off, the sound will suffer. The speaker cut a way picture says, "Our product was carefully designed."

Not insult you or Polk, but to me it says generic crossover parts, MDF and minimal damping.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Tough business indeed.

I think for forum members it's cool to see stuff like that, but I think for the average consumer it's better to just show them the money shots.

President of Club Polk

• VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,225
    I am with Jesse on this one. If desired could a purchaser remove the pieces so they could be painted Black?

Could the average individual remove and reinstall the face plate without breaking it?

I have not read this thread all the way thru however my Wife has a I Phone 6, Daughter I Phone something, cant remember..My Mom has the I Phone too, I have a Samsung S6 Edge + (the only Android holdout) And we all have different covers...Everyone likes their own colors, accessory's and what not. Now, if a speaker could be changed by buying accessory items for a price would we not have a modern speaker that could be changed old school or to whatever else we may desire at any given ? Just a thought while reading.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Sinus Faber Chameleon has interchangeable side panels.
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    So far these S60 are hitting the sweet spot and I just got them. It's normal for when I listen to music grandma gets her potato self off the couch and goes to her room. I played Scorpions moment of glory and she kicked back and listened to it. So far the wife has not gone into witch mode.

I did turn off Audyssey and flipped the switch on the sub off for Rush 2112. Put my Marantz SR5010 in pure direct mode. Bass was nice tight highs did not want to make my ears bleed at all. I like this CD for testing, it goes all over the place from hair metal rocking to nice soft waterfall with some acoustic added in.

Congratulations on the 60s. Looks like they survived shipping. You like them now you will love them later.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables