Group Buy '16: Dreadnought Avel Lindberg 1000VA Isolation Transformers

Comments

• vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,924
    So here's where we stand. Pretty amazing to hit 30. Please let me know of any errors/omissions. I have added the "@" to names so I have one consolidated list of clickable GB member names to expedite PMing.

In the next day or so, I'll send out payment info to those on the list. If someone wants to join the group while money is being collected, it's no problem at all to add. I need name and shipping address from a couple of you.

Thanks and congrats!
    Craig

1.) @250GTLusso
    2.) 250GTLusso
    3.) @DrumSolo
    4.) @vcwatkins
    5.) @Nesmith98
    6.) @nooshinjohn ***
    7.) @honestaquarian
    8.) @RandyCroissant
    9.) @monepolk
    10.) @amb426amb1
    11.) @Polk65
    12.) Polk65
    13.) Polk65
    14.) Polk65
    15.) @heiney9
    16.) @gmcman
    17.) @ER308L
    18.) @dd2753
    19.) dd2753
    20.) @RobbyKY
    21.) @dkfreebird
    22.) @BlueBirdMusic
    23.) @vmaxer
    24.) @kmeek
    25.) @villock
    26.) @aprazer402
    27.) @wadewatts
    28.) @Stew
    29.) @GlennDog
    30.) @edpot1 ***

*** - Name and shipping address needed
    Den: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio PP3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Study: Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Studio: SBTouch * Marantz 2270 * Polk CRS+(4.1tl)
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla/LCRIII * Sonore microRendu * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * Pass Aleph 30 / First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
    Beach Den: Dayens Menuetto * Fostex BK-12m Folded Horn / KEF LS50 / Dynaudio Audience 50 / Revel M22
    Beach Study: LG v30 phone * Schiit Aegir * Zu Omen Dirty W/end
  • I think thanks are in order for @edpot1 for getting us to the magic 30!
    Also to @250GTLusso for kicking off what may be the last (*and largest*) group buy.
    Big shout out to and thanks for @vcwatkins for stepping up and taking this to the next level.

Yes??
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • nikoniknikonik Posts: 118
    I'll try one on for size.
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,047

I think thanks are in order to @250GTLusso for kicking off what may be the last (*and largest*) group buy.
    Big shout out to and thanks for @vcwatkins for stepping up and taking this to the next level.

Yes??

YES!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Wires WW & MIT
  • msg wrote: »
    I think we have a pretty good shot of getting to 50.
    nikonik wrote: »
    I'll try one on for size.

Okay so that makes 31 right?
    We might make to 50,but at some point we will need to close this out. Just don't rush it,because there may be other SDA users who still don't know about this or what it means for them.
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,024
    50 was a joke
    I disabled signatures.
  • Are you sure??? ;)

• heiney9heiney9 Posts: 24,125
    edited January 2017
    Easy part is over. The harder part is getting the monies from people. We have verbal commitments, but in all the times I've organized something like this, converting the verbal commitment to $$$ is an issue.

No problem leaving this open until all the monies are collected, but I'd start collecting money as stated (in the next day or so), because there are always late payers or people that change their mind.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • Paypal payment sent!

• dkfreebirddkfreebird Posts: 1,106
    Money sent and thanks to BOTH of you for pulling this all together!!
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Fully modded with dreadnought
    Rogue Atlas Magnum
    Rogue Magnum 66
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Marantz UD 7007
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers
    Home theater
    Marantz SR 5009 Sunfire Signature 425x5-B&W Cdm1nt Cdm Center Channel
    Backups Polk Monitor 5 peerless,2.3tl,SRS2 pin/blade,Polk Crs+ pin/blade with stands.McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino
  • RobbyKYRobbyKY Posts: 105
    Paypal gift sent.

Thank you again for the major time commitment leading this, very much appreciated!!
    SDA SRS 1.2TL x2 - SDA SRS 3.1 x2 - SDA 2BTL
    Adcom - Carver - McIntosh amps
    HT = Polk RTi A9s, CSi-A6, RT-65 -RTi-A3's - Marantz SR5012 - XPA3 - Epson 5040UB

• PayPal sent.
    Gracias señores!
    "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors."
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 1,041
    Thanks again to @250GTLusso for getting this started and to @vcwatkins for stepping up. Payment sent.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,524
    PayPal gift sent, Thank you Craig, Thank you forum.
  • StewStew Posts: 646
    Payment sent. Thanks @vcwatkins and @250GTLusso !
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • 250GTLusso250GTLusso Registered User Posts: 162
    Thank you Craig for leading this procurement. You sir have done all of the heavy lifting!

Payment for 2 transformers just sent!
    HT
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (Front), Adcom GFA-585 Amp (Side), Adcom GFA-555 Amp (Rear), Adcom ACE-515, Pioneer CLD-3070 Laserdisc, Sony CDP-605esD, Sony BluRay BDP BX59, Samsung 50" Plasma, Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Front (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Side (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS Rear (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Living Room)
    Adcom GFP-565 Pre-amp (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom GFA-565 Mono Block Amps (w/Big Sky Audio Upgrades), Adcom ACE-515, Sony CDP-705esD, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A Etude, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL (Walnut), Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 (Walnut), STAX SR34 Electret Earspeaker System.
    2 Channel (Office)
    Adcom GFP-555 Pre-amp, Adcom GFA-555 Amp, Sony CDP-605esD, Adcom GFT-555 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 1C (Walnut).
    2 Channel (Garage)
    Hafler DH-110 Pre-amp, Hafler DH-220 Amp, Sony CDP-505esD, Hafler DH-330 Tuner, Polk Audio SDA 2B (Walnut).
  • villockvillock Posts: 72
    Payment sent. Thanks Craig and @250GTLusso
    SDA SRS 2.3tls; RDO 198's, Dynamatted, Armaflexed, Gimpod Boards, Crossovers by quadzilla: Clarity ESA 630V, Mills Resistors, Track Audio Spikes, Musky's Curly Maple Caps
    CSi5, FXi5, Rythmik D15SE sub, Pro-Ject Xpression III/Ortofon MC-3 Turbo. Pro-Ject Speed Box. Pro-Ject Tube Box II
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,738
    edited January 2017
    Pretty amazing I must admit. I wish I had a set to use this on, the price is getting better with each buyer wish i had some disposable funds to buy and let sit until I get a set of SDA's that could use the darn thing.
    Great job on settling up, guys! A third of the way home.
    Den: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio PP3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Study: Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla/LCRIII * Sonore microRendu * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * Pass Aleph 30 / First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
    Beach Den: Dayens Menuetto * Fostex BK-12m Folded Horn / KEF LS50 / Dynaudio Audience 50 / Revel M22
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 677
    PayPal "gift" sent.

Thanks Craig and @250GTLusso and for starting, arranging, and managing this group buy!

Dread On!
    Harry
    Marietta GA
    When I go into Paypal it wants to charge me $7.12 to send the funds as a gift from my Paypal balance or my bank acccount. Does this sound right? I thought if we send as friends/family there were no charges for either party. It's been a while since I've sent funds this way. I can pay the $7.12 but I'm not sure I am choosing the correct method???

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
    Doesn't sound right. I never get charged when drawn from bank acct or PP balance.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,738
    just used it the other day Brock no charges for me. I have heard from others if this is something you do all the time to avoid charges they sometimes ding you. I may do it 1-2 times a year.
    I have done many many times and not been charged. I even tried last night to incur the fee to estimate how much it would be and couldn't do it. It wouldn't allow me to choose a CC/DC.

Maybe try changing default pymt method?
    Also, IIRC, it may recall and default to the method you used last time. e.g. One time I accidentally charged an audio item to my CC instead of my PP balance because of a previous non-audio purchase drawn from CC. (I use my PP balance for all audio as a governor on total $ spent (i.e. "Sketchy Craig's Slush Fund") and all non-audio is drawn from bank or CC.
    I'll keep exploring. Thanks

H9

• BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 677
    H9,
    I just double-checked and I was not charged for gift sent a few hours ago.

I did receive a spoof email yesterday wanting me to pay for or cancel a $79 purchase that I had not made.
  • I used a combination of a Paypal balance and the rest coming from my checking account and there were no charges. I would DEFINITELY look closely and read the fine print. Craig is probably right it may be defaulting or something.

I figured it out. I need to do some account maintenance when I get home tonight. Had the dang account so long it needs to be properly updated....lol. Too many old accounts and card numbers.

H9

• GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 2,047
    $$ Sent

Have an Awesome weekend everyone!!!!!!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    Source PSA PWT into NSD Supremo
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Center Salk HT2C
    Pre Cary SLP-05