Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Why isn't the Pacific ocean on the left of the picture? Because he's facing north, maybe?
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    another hapy baby picture

looks like we'll have another well adjusted child in our midst...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,085
    edited July 2016
    Options
    we had a thunderstorm barrel through this evening -- not a mid-Atlantic grade frogstrangler... but not bad, either (and we need the rain).

27413060854_843b329294_b.jpg014 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

clearing out now:

27413153983_472e64c8af_b.jpg020 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    27413055964_34d19d40d6_b.jpg023 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,478
    Options
    Its heading over here to the coast. Sweet
    Randy/Maine
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    Options
    The family and I just got back from a couple of days visiting friends in central Oregon so we had to take the long way home and stop at Crater Lake. It did not disappoint!

6mgimax9hpqo.jpeg
    ap2km0ts5usn.jpeg
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    breal74 wrote: »
    The family and I just got back from a couple of days visiting friends in central Oregon so we had to take the long way home and stop at Crater Lake. It did not disappoint!

6mgimax9hpqo.jpeg
    ap2km0ts5usn.jpeg

WOW - amazing blues! Beautiful pictures.
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    Options
    It was pretty unreal! The lake is so clear that you can see about 140ish feet deep with a secchi disk so the only light that gets reflected is in the blue and purple spectrum. It is also cleaner than any tap water.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    oco4lrnp22ft.jpg
    Back yard and a cup of coffee.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Look at all those future telephone poles....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Look at all those future telephone poles....

Indeed! Its a bumper crop this year. :D
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    Thunderhead from last evening w/ some nice lighting -looking east
    Thunderhead-7-1-16-1.jpg

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    28003680236_198d4283fc_b.jpgP1020390 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

We actually had two acres of "future telephone poles" (red pine) on our property when we bought it in the early '90s -- they were widely planted as a cash crop in Northern New England in the (???) '60s. Our stand, unfortunately, hadn't been well maintained even before we bought the land. Over the years, we lost more & more to ice and wind (they were too close together for their age and size and could fall like dominoes). We had to have them harvested and pulped when we built the house. Not something I relished having done (tree-hugger that I am).

DSC_0486.jpg

We still have to figure out what to do with that hillside :-(
    Right now, it's a breeding ground for invasives mostly. I posted a photo of it recently here to some thread (I think)...

27120904024_8a5b920d6a_b.jpg088 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Sorry for the hijack; y'all know I cannot resist myself.

PS The Crater Lake photos above are fabulous.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    9spe3fmjb68z.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    9spe3fmjb68z.jpg

tee-hee-hee

Wave that flag, wave it wide and high...

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    My morning view on America's birthday...

15q64ii93qbl.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    My son in law gave me his old 18 V Milwaukee drill (he got a bigger, badder one -- one of the hammer drills, if memory serves) -- I don't think I would ever choose to own anything else after using one. Really capable tools.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Good stuff. Ken! Do they still use metal gears in the guts? We've bought some cheaper brands and kept tearing out the plastic gears.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Shweet!....i like "real" power tools versus the HD & Lowes junk.
    If i could sleep with my cordless impact gun i would. Best tool i have ever bought!
  • lightman1
    Options
    Groovy. Thanks for the info. We use them to break loose rusted nuts and bolts off old lighting. Frequent use on a daily basis.
    The bean counters don't like to see us purchasing power tools daily but won't authorize any P.O. over X amount.
    Jerks don't get it. Better tools upfront beats repetitive purchase of inferior tools.
    Go figure.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    this talk of "sleeping with things" that "break loose rusted nuts" is making me feel... wary... vaguely uncomfortable, somehow...
  • lightman1
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    this talk of "sleeping with things" that "break loose rusted nuts" is making me feel... wary... vaguely uncomfortable, somehow...

Repressed memories, Dr. H?
    Open up and let it go...you'll feel better.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    ^^^ Someone must have grandkids ;)

M, there is just a strong bond between a man and his power tools. I treat mine like my own kids except i don't put my kids in tool box. Some days i would like to bu...*knock knock*......what the.........aw crud, DSS is at my door, i'll finish that thought later....
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Alaska 1974 before I got my Akai reel-to-reel. Still had the KLH5's I bought in Calif. so early '74. I think I moved to AR2ax's after these. The integrated amp was a little 40wpc JVC that I really enjoyed.
    faez5ay9kxby.jpg
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Groovy. Thanks for the info. We use them to break loose rusted nuts and bolts off old lighting. Frequent use on a daily basis.
    The bean counters don't like to see us purchasing power tools daily but won't authorize any P.O. over X amount.
    Jerks don't get it. Better tools upfront beats repetitive purchase of inferior tools.
    Go figure.

One of my favorite sayings:

"You can't afford to buy cheap!

I don't know who first said it, but it has proven to be so true throughout my lifetime.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    Options

I don't know who first said it, but it has proven to be so true throughout my lifetime.

... or your aphorism's well-known corollary:
    the most expensive car one will ever own is a cheap used Mercedes.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Go figure.

Only men who actually use tools know the value of that statement.

I'm old enough to remember when quality in anything was a standard, now you have to pay extra for it, go figure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable