SDA CRS+ With an External Crossover Twist.... :-)

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    Dang Larry! Those things will cut through to the sub-floor. Be careful and wear eye protection.
    Mighty pretty, too. ;)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Dang Larry! Those things will cut through to the sub-floor. Be careful and wear protection.
    Mighty pretty, too. ;)

Fixed it for you :smile:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Incredible workmanship.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Incredible workmanship.

Thanks!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Being a spike aficionado I can say those are seriously bada$$.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    What tpf are those turned at?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Two thumbs up, nothing compares to good old ingenuity. By the we want to see the finished product + a review B)
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,437
    Ummm Larry. Hows is going with those gorgeous speaker ?
    Randy/Maine
  • lightman1
    Where you at Larry?
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,918
    Larry, these are so good looking and between your rings and now the external x-over metal work and stands it's to bad Polk doesn't make these any more. You copy/right your work some how, and they take over the mass production. Think of it , they don't have to make all the models any more ( which they don't anyway) but now have just this one SDA CRS+ in their line up. Obviously this would bring the SDA experience to a lot people. Big business there, Crazy thought... Really, really nice work.....Lew
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • I,m with these guys, let's have a peek.
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Stainless spikes it shall be!!lc1vup8b15fh.jpeg

@Toolfan66 one question?

Would these spikes fit in my 12 gauge shotgun? >:)o:)
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    those are gorgeous. works of functioning art.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    Ok so I was hoping to get to a computer this weekend to type up my thoughts on these. But I'm going to have to use my cellular device.
    Last weekend I got to go over and see these phenomenal works of art. As well as listen to them with my own earballs.
    Now the way he's got them set up is directly in front of his Sda 1.2 TL's. The sound these Crs+'s produce has so much oomph to them you would have swore his 1.2TL's were playing. (Come to find out I'm not the first to experience that misjudgment as well.lol)
    Not only is the power something that is awe inspiring but the clarity and sharpness of them were amazing too. Especially in the higher frequency range (that's just my judgment, Larry may disagree.)
    The cool thing we got to do was hook up my Crs+'s that I had brought over. Other than rings, dynamat, neutrik female hook ups, and Rdo194 tweets mine are for the most part stock. So we got to hear a before and after with these. And I have to say that there's definitely a difference. Hands down worth the effort he put into his crossovers, overhaul/upgrade to his cabinets, as well as his titillating stands.
    Overall they're just as everyone who has followed this thread already knew...amazing inside and out! Great work Larry!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    @ER308L
    Thanks for the review from a 3rd party, didn't want to just hear Larry gloating ;) ....
    ...but we all probably new they would sound great
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • F1nut
    I've been waiting for a pic with the SS spikes installed.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Same here Need to see em!
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Wow, I've been so busy dealing with things in life other than audio and haven't been checking in as often as I'd like. Somehow I missed this thread.

As one of a very few owners of Larry's original CRS+ stands, I have to say that this is pretty amazing. Beautiful work Larry!

Mine have been on ice for a year. I moved to Tampa and the apartment I'm in is just too small for a proper SDA setup, so I've been using the Monitor 5's I restored. But we just bought a condo, and I'm going to have a nice man cave again. The SDA's are getting ready for prime time again, and they'll be proudly sitting on top of Larry's awesome stands!!!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    I would love to have a set of stands similar to Larry's for my SDA-CRS pair. He is a true craftsman, for sure.
  • F1nut
    Hey Larry, if things have settled down with the move now, we'd love a pic or two of them set up with the spikes and all.

President of Club Polk

• I'm with Jesse!!
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited December 2016
    Hey Jesse, yes things have settled quite a bit as of late, I will post some pics here soon for you..

BTW, my 1.2tl's have been collecting dust since I finished these.. LOL!! I am very happy with how these turned out, the only thing I miss is the lower end of the 1.2's..

I also should find some time to finally cut some rings..
  • F1nut
    Thanks Larry, looking forward to seeing them.

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    It's about fookin time Larry. B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Added some really awesome cool factor

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    What a work of Art! & Love in those speakers! KUDO's
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • F1nut
    I think the tweeter needs a trim ring around the outer edges, one that you could simply stick on not screw down in order to have a better visual balance, but maybe it would be too much. Maybe just going back to black screws for the tweeter. Other than that....yeah, very cool.

If you have anymore of those bars at the bottom, please let me know.

President of Club Polk

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Me want.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE