Feel the hate thread

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Driving from Dallas to Houston today, had to make a wizz stop

I hate when people spit their gum or chew in urinals, gum in the parking lot....nasty batturds
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • I hate that wasted another 10 minutes of my life getting caught up on the recent discussion. Effing Polkbook.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Just had some food delivered...

Hate it when they screw up your order, especially when everyone else order is correct :#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I hate Facebook. I quit it early this year and haven't gone back a single time.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I hate that we've gone "PLURAL" again!!!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I hate that we've gone "PLURAL" again!!!!!

I hate that since this post, we have stopped with the "plural".....now i just look insane!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Taxi drivers that pull u-turns without signaling and when they see you coming down the road and cut you off. Taxi drivers that reverse on one way streets so that they can go wait in line. I pretty much hate the way they drive in general.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Willow wrote: »
    Taxi drivers that pull u-turns without signaling and when they see you coming down the road and cut you off. Taxi drivers that reverse on one way streets so that they can go wait in line. I pretty much hate the way they drive in general.

Come to Chicago, everyone drives like that. Comes down to a "when in Rome" thing. If you don't you'll get run over or cause an accident.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    "leave your shoes on" I swear if anyone ask me to take off my shoes again I am jsut leaving without saying a word. Just walk away, and maybe spit on the sidewalk.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2015
    "leave your shoes on" I swear if anyone ask me to take off my shoes again I am jsut leaving without saying a word. Just walk away, and maybe spit on the sidewalk.

I hear you. Houses are meant to be LIVED in, not museums. I have a wierd foot thing; I hate dirty socks, can't do it. I don't go barefoot either unless I'm swimming. I'm a clean freak with my own personal habits, but we live comfortable in our home. Thats what brooms and mops are for.

I DO have 1 rule, no smoking in the house. I smoke outside, so my guests can too. Don't like my house smelling like an ashtray. We do smoke in the garage and shop of course.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I hate drama. And I certainly can't stand face book.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• steveinaz
    Mikey, exactly. Life has plenty of "natural" drama, don't need any self-made stuff.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I'm not against keeping my shoes on in the summer (I do it all the time), but not in the winter. I don't like water and salt marks all over my floor.
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    No way anyone is leaving their shoes or boots on from November to March in my house. Chunks of rock salt and sand will destroy our hw floors. As mentioned above the puddles left behind too.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2015
    No wearing shoes in my house period. I think I'm turning Japanese.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mikeyb128
    No wearing shoes in my house period. I think I'm turning Japanese.

Or Canadian. It's extremely rude to come into someone else's house with shoes on. My main floor I'm not so worried. Ceramic tile and hardwood. But the rest of the house is beige colored carpet.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Not specific to the holidays, but I hate being a Chicago Bears fan.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I hate checking out of hotels when on vacation.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    steveinaz wrote: »
    People who are wealthy but still tight a__es. Bev & I aren't rich, but if we invite you to dinner, we're buying; If you're coming over, I'll have your favorite beer/wine in the fridge waiting for you; if you forgot your smokes, take a pack of mine. Stingy people s__k. We like our friends to feel at home, in our home. leave your shoes on, rifle thru the fridge if you're wanting a snack, and if you want a chimmy-changa, make yourself a chimmy-changa...LOL

OH, and...."score keepers" Don't do something for someone if you're expecting pay back. It ruins the spirit of helping someone out---do it because you want to.

My kind of guy right there. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Yeah. Stock that fidge up :)
    Randy/Maine
  • mrbiron
    Black Licorice - You old bastages love that crap and i can't figure out why.
    I took a shot of sambuca over the weekend. Absolute trash.

What is wrong with you people...

On a further note, i walked into my construction trailer this morning at five of 6am and there was a fruitcake sitting on my conference table. Why? I filed it in my 30yd dumpster.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    1. Snow “for every reason”
    2. Rabbits in the garden “sneaky lil buggers”
    3. My daughters cat “actually crapped on my chair once”
    4. Mr. Jingles “we have one every year in the house”
    5. The stupid cat “that won’t catch Mr. Jingles”
    6. That one consumer in line “who argues their 15 cents off coupon is actually good”
    7. Facebook “If we weren’t friends in grade school, we still aren’t”
    8. Being beat out on an auction by a dollar “because I got side tracked”
    9. Not pulling myself out of “this rabbit hole yet”
    10. Not taking my SDA’s to Trey!!
    :o:o:o
  • steveinaz wrote: »
    Mikey, exactly. Life has plenty of "natural" drama, don't need any self-made stuff.

+ 1
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    In the interest of equal time, I give you... Tom T. Hall:

https://youtu.be/3FgNBy-dh5E

That was a big hit, believe it or not all youse young punks...
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2015
    I hate it when the 1st time I don't check my drive-thru order, it's wrong when I get home. Oh yeah, I hate movies that feature talking animals--it's old, wore out.
  • Hypocrisy, and double standards.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2015
    "There are two things I hate in this world; those who are intollerant, of other peoples' cultures and the Dutch."

http://youtu.be/QJ882QYzr-M
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • 2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • mikeyb128
    This is a big one for me... My girlfriends dog. Big hairy, shed everywhere, bark all the time dumb dog. Gets in the garbage. Takes food off the table, chewed my glasses. Can't stand the thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a dog lover, and have one. But hers is just horrible.

I'm gonna teach it to roll over on the bbq :wink:
    2 channel:
    Theater: