Feel the hate thread

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Rover on the barbie
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Some people have no clue how to treat a dog. You can't baby and spoil them 24/7. When I set my dogs food down she will not touch it until I tell her "Okay", never barks unless there is wildlife snooping around outside, if I'm eating she won't even look at me lol.

Can't help the hairy though. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    edited December 2015
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Some people have no clue how to treat a dog. You can't baby and spoil them 24/7. When I set my dogs food down she will not touch it until I tell her "Okay", never barks unless there is wildlife snooping around outside, if I'm eating she won't even look at me lol.

Can't help the hairy though. ;)

Agreed. I just look at my dog and he knows. Lol
    The hair is ridiculous! The dog belongs outside. It's an Airedale terrier cross with a lab. Longhair like an Airedale, sheds like a lab. Moving my 2 channel rig out of the living room to the basement, so I can close the door and keep the dog out.

Most would call it a man cave. I'm calling it the clean room.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I just had this moment this morning....
    I drive a Ram 1500 Diesel. I pull up to the gas station where there are literally 20 pumps (2 are combo diesel/gas) and 18 of them are free. The two i need had a civic and rav4 parked at them. WTH! This happens all the time and i dont know how to avoid it. If gas stations would have stand alone diesel pumps for non-trailer vehicles, this could be avoided.

I must say, i really enjoy this thread. Helps me get aggression out...RAR!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I just had this moment this morning....
    I drive a Ram 1500 Diesel. I pull up to the gas station where there are literally 20 pumps (2 are combo diesel/gas) and 18 of them are free. The two i need had a civic and rav4 parked at them. WTH! This happens all the time and i dont know how to avoid it. If gas stations would have stand alone diesel pumps for non-trailer vehicles, this could be avoided.

I must say, i really enjoy this thread. Helps me get aggression out...RAR!

as a corollary to this -- why the fug do people, at prime gassin' up time, think it's just fine and dandy to LEAVE THEIR FRIGGIN CARS at the pump while they go in to the convenience store/gas station and -- buy coffee or donuts or do their holiday shopping or WHATEVER THE FUG THEY'RE DOING while the folks wait to get to a pump?

farking losers.

morons.

MV5BMTcwMDYyNzExNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjI2MDc2._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    So vulgar on a Thursday morning. You must not have the next 10 straight days off such as myself ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • I hate the Elf on the Shelf. Creepy lil guy..or girl, I can't tell1t6dhja6z3rq.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Nightfall
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    as a corollary to this -- why the fug do people, at prime gassin' up time, think it's just fine and dandy to LEAVE THEIR FRIGGIN CARS at the pump while they go in to the convenience store/gas station and -- buy coffee or donuts or do their holiday shopping or WHATEVER THE FUG THEY'RE DOING while the folks wait to get to a pump?

farking losers.

morons.

I do it because I pay in cash. Then after I'm done getting gas, I have to go back inside and get my change. I guess too many people were stealing gas and now if you want to use cash you have to go inside, pump your gas, then go back inside again.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901

farking losers.

morons.

I do it because I pay in cash. Then after I'm done getting gas, I have to go back inside and get my change. I guess too many people were stealing gas and now if you want to use cash you have to go inside, pump your gas, then go back inside again.

Huh ??
    When you pay first before pumping, the pump should shut off automatically at the price you paid. No going back inside for change....who does that ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2015
    tonyb wrote: »

farking losers.

morons.

Huh ??
    When you pay first before pumping, the pump should shut off automatically at the price you paid. No going back inside for change....who does that ?

That is assuming you pay less than you can fit into your gas tank.

• mhardy6647
    mrbiron wrote: »
    So vulgar on a Thursday morning. You must not have the next 10 straight days off such as myself ;)

Well depending on how you look at it - I have ALL days off, being retired.

But I've been in the throes of grading papers & final exams for the course I taught this fall at Northeastern -- and that has me, perhaps, a little less sunny and cheerful than usual :-P

I am pleased to say that the "kids" (this is a grad school course, and many of 'em are doing a part-time degree while working full time) on balance did very well when I rolled the grades up.

It still bugs the schnizzle outta me when folks leave their car at the gas pump. Almost always cars, too, IME -- the guys who drive the five-ton extra-hyper-stretch crew cab trucks don't seem to do it. Maybe it's because they could have a set of clothing tailored in the store* in the time it takes to fill their fuel tanks ;- )

(* not that gas stations in Northern New England offer bespoke tailoring with their Slim Jims and Slush-puppies, that I know of)
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2015

No, you're not part of the problem with that -- it is the folks who pump gas (or not!), leave their cars at the pump, then go in and GET IN LINE AT THE FUNKING DUNKIN' DONUTS COUNTER while the car takes up space. Them. Some of 'em don't even PUMP THEIR FNARKING GAS til after they get their Dunkachinos and saunter back out to the car...

:- )

It only really bothers me at crowded gas stations -- 'specially the ones with ample parking (I am thinking of one gas station in particular; right off I-89 in Warner NH).

... and -- ahem -- based strictly on anecdotal evidence, it's not usually men doing it...

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I HATE Cancer. Love you Mom.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127

No, you're not part of the problem with that -- it is the folks who pump gas (or not!), leave their cars at the pump, then go in and GET IN LINE AT THE FUNKING DUNKIN' DONUTS COUNTER while the car takes up space. Them. Some of 'em don't even PUMP THEIR FNARKING GAS til after they get their Dunkachinos and saunter back out to the car...

:- )

It only really bothers me at crowded gas stations -- 'specially the ones with ample parking (I am thinking of one gas station in particular; right off I-89 in Warner NH).

... and -- ahem -- based strictly on anecdotal evidence, it's not usually men doing it...

They make more on coffee than they do on gas...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    absolutely true -- and I am happy to spend money at the Dunkies... but I park first :- )
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    edited December 2015
    I hate the "entitlement" mentality present in todays generation. Many of today's youth expect the finer things of life to be handed to them on a silver platter. They want it now. Individual responsibility is a foreign concept. The "victim" mentality is all the rage. If they are not successful, it is someone elses fault. Sacrifice and hard work seem to be curse words.

Our youth have grown soft. With everyone being hypersensitive, pretentious, and politically correct. The folks who complain the loudest about issues of race are the same ones who have never had a friend of a different race let alone had them over to their house. Lets put on the latest ribbon to show our support for a cause and then sit on our butts. Anyway, sorry to get off track. I guess we all wear masks to some extent, but some wear them 24-7. The world will be much better when we bury our masks.

My biggest rant is that there was a time when we had true constitutional freedom of speech in our schools and colleges. Now any view that does not coincide with the status quo is shouted down or shut down. People who voice views that don't coincide with the "groupthink" are ostracized, marginalized and threatened. It is "Orwelian." I can barely read the news anymore. I am thankful that music is available to bring a little joy. I think we are heading in very negative direction as a nation.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg
    Post edited by pongshi on
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Dude we are toast
  • mhardy6647
    Dude we are toast

My mudder was bred in Kentucky, but up here she's just a crumb.

371677665.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    is he looking at you or me?
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2015
    Willow wrote: »

I reckon he's pondering the significance of one of his great observations on the state of mankind, probably either
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
    or
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

(edit: either of which is certainly capable of knocking one's stereo-optical transducers out of alignment)
  • Nightfall
    I hate my new second job. Dysfunctional kitchen. I might start looking for something different.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Willow wrote: »

I reckon he's pondering the significance of one of his great observations on the state of mankind, probably either
    Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
    or
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

(edit: either of which is certainly capable of knocking one's stereo-optical transducers out of alignment)

Dude, take a break from grading papers, your brain is slipping down a slope only a lunatic can recover from. lol. Go take a walk on that beautiful property of yours, cryo something just for the heck of it. Tell Mrs. H you just bought the Scooby-doo Van and a c r a p load of dyed T-shirts and the both of you are taking a road trip.

Or....just chill with a single malt and some tunes and forget about bananas and flies. :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2015
    I'm writing an analytical method development proposal for a client now -- my brain is completely turned to oatmeal... but the draft's finished, as of a few minutes ago! yay.

Too dark outside to take a walk (just like "inside of a dog")... those are both quotes from Mr. Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx, illustrated above, by the way.

Speaking of single malts, our son the mathematician (and Scotch fancier) is en route to NH from VA even as I type this; he called about 2 hours ago from the Vince Lombardi rest area on the Joisey turnpike (roughly halfway and our traditional check-in point) :- )

He wants a set of whiskey stones for Christmas... I had to look 'em up to see what they were! :-P
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I hate pi$$ing all the time!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2015
    I hate made up words that become commonly used and accepted. Examples: guesstimate, the word estimate is defined as an educated guess, therfore, throwing in an extra "s"and a "gu" is superfluous, another example, prequel, the word sequel already means I'm sequence with, it doesn't specify whether it is pre or post to the original story, if it did, there would have already prequel and postquel. Also words like bae.

2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Irregardless
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    voltz wrote: »
    I hate pi$$ing all the time!
    They have pills for that Darryl
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Irregardless

Exactly, exspecially
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    Think it's been said before on here, but I really go into slap upside the head mode when I read "mute" point.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Doritos, I hate Doritos