Game of Thrones

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2013
    Last night's The Borgias seemed so boring in comparison...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2013
    Face wrote: »
    Last night's The Borgias seemed so boring in comparison...

+1 on that.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2013
    Even though I knew what was going to happen, it was played out so well I still went to bed thinking that was the craziest thing I've seen in awhile. Still just makes you think that nothing in the story is going to play out the way you think it will.
  • amgala
    amgala Posts: 111
    edited June 2013
    Being that I'm only partly through reading the first book, my mind was blown yesterday...
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC
    Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
    Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    edited June 2013
    Okay, I finally saw the episode last night. Awesome ending. Wonder if the zombie-woofs will clean up at some point here ... Got a jones for the dragon mama, though, I must admit. Still can't believe she seemingly has a fire-in-the-hole for that "dandy."
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2013
    Watched the last episode last night and I am still amazed. The writer of the series really has some balls to be killing off the characters. Ned Stark first with his head on the stake - that I could understand to set the tone. But his wife, son and son's pregnant wife just seems cruel, especially the way that it happened. I hope Jon Snow gives Roose Bolton what's coming to him. And I can't wait to see how this all plays out. My wife read the books and was still in tears during last week's episode. Still weighs on me today.

One thing that I think sets this show apart is how invested you get into each character - good and bad. Jamie Lannister and Tyrian are "bad" guys that you SHOULDN'T like but I find myself rooting for them. Even The Hound...........

This show and The Walking Dead are the only shows that I watch religiously and can say that when this season ends, it will feel like too long before it starts again. What an incredible show.......
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited June 2013
    Awesome episode. I've been hooked from the beginning. That was as real as any slasher movie I've seen.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • dromunds
    edited June 2013
    Is the final episode of the season playing this Sunday or what?
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2013
    dromunds wrote: »
    Is the final episode of the season playing this Sunday or what?
    Sadly it is.
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    Not quite what i expected, but still thought it ended the season well. Plenty of fun to come next season.
  • dromunds
    edited June 2013
    Oh mother. I was initially disappointed with the ending last night but now on reconsideration I agree it was not what I expected, but it was more my own expectations for more blood and stuff, and I now I'm kinda liking the ending with the image of the Dragon Mama telling her babies to fly and then the slaves do a sort of modified body pass where she impliedly "flies" with her arms stretched out all smiles and laughing while the slaves chant Mother. I like those dragons. And their Mama. I need to get the first two seasons and watch the whole series as I missed a lot of the early stuff. Nine months off? Fer cri yi!
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2013
    That's my biggest complaint with the series - it's soooooooo long between seasons.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    drumminman wrote: »
    That's my biggest complaint with the series - it's soooooooo long between seasons.
    I have the same complaint with the books but its much worse. Who knows if Martin will live long enough to complete them, at least now HBO has got him to pick it up a little.
  • drumminman
    edited June 2013
    chumlie wrote: »
    I have the same complaint with the books but its much worse. Who knows if Martin will live long enough to complete them, at least now HBO has got him to pick it up a little.

I've read that he's in the process of writing the next one, the one that will follow " Dance with Dragons".
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • chumlie
    edited April 2014
    Tick Tock !!! Looking forward to Sunday's premier.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    edited April 2014
    If you are a DirecTV customer, you may have free HBO this weekend - to catch up on a great series. I have the TIVO set for almost 48hrs. straight recording this weekend....
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Winter is Coming!
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited April 2014
    I have to admit I was clued to the TV from Friday night and all day Saturday to get the full backstory. I had seen a few shows over the years but was hard to get a full sense of who was who and why. Great job by HBO to air all 3 seasons to get many like myself hooked and thinking of paying the money to see what is next.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • chumlie
    edited April 2014
    He should have gave The Hound some chicken.
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited April 2014
    Yup should have.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Arya has developed a bit of an edge :eek:
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited April 2014
    a bit of a edge! she's over the cliff with vengeance and everyone will pay if she gets a chance.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    Watched it again last night after half-nodding out while watching it Sunday. Have to say, I wasn't missing the so-called national championship game either. Chumlie, you're right, should've given him some chicken. What a great character. I used to go to a friend's house to watch Thrones, but enough's enough, I dropped Showtime and switched to HBO.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    And what about that cannibal stuff at the end? bad dudes abound.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    And what about that cannibal stuff at the end? bad dudes abound.
    You never tasted Crow.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    I heard it tastes much better in the south. Those Wildlings are bad. This is going to be a great season. That scene where the Hound jams that guys head into his own blade over and over and the look in Arya's eye after she slides "Needle" into the neck, oh boy.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Read all the books published to date - you ain't seen nothin' yet :twisted:
  • chumlie
    edited April 2014
    drumminman wrote: »
    Read all the books published to date - you ain't seen nothin' yet :twisted:
    Did you find the last one as boring as I did ?
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Nah, I liked it. The problem with the series is there are so many plotlines, so many characters that it's tough to remember everything. Martin must have some hellacious story boards!

Before each season starts I find a good plot summary of the book it's based on to refresh my memory. Lots of "Oh yeah, I remember that!" along with, "dang, I missed that first time around!"
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited April 2014
    tonight, that's what I'm talking about......it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give him some more wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156