Game of Thrones

Comments

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited April 2013
    Face wrote: »
    K30SrYn.jpg

That's hilarious! I' bet they have a fun time shooting that series.

I thought the premier did a good job of setting up the coming season. The scene with Tyrion and Tywin was a showcase of Tywin's cruelty and disregard for his son. This will turn out to be important, and that's all I'm gonna say :evil:
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2013
    Interesting episode last night. Good to see The Hound again although Arya didn't seem to happy. Sad, no mother of dragons this episode.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2013
    Good episode last night, although I can see where they're condensing some of the plot lines. Can't be helped with a source as complicated as the books.

Things are gon'na ramp up from here on out. We were introduced to Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions - some of the most despicable characters aside from Ramsey . . . . uh oh. Don't want to spoil anything!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2013
    wFijyf4.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Tankman
    Tankman Posts: 419
    edited April 2013
    Man that's some great looking Women!I have book 3 its a really good read the show is way cool!Whats not too like about this show? Ya got Hot women,wars,Kings, Queens and they get drunk all the time plus Monsters!Best show too come out in a long time.
  • Goldenboy72206
    Goldenboy72206 Posts: 126
    edited April 2013
    love this show
  • chumlie
    edited April 2013
    Good show last night. Well maybe not for the king-slayer. Anyone else get peaved about the ending music coming on before the end of the show ?
  • drumminman
    edited April 2013
    Something about the show didn't sit well with me and I can't put my finger on it. How about Vargo Hoat? Nasty dude. Looking forward to Mance Rayder and his hoards heading south.

Wait till they get to the wall - surprises in store!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,851
    edited April 2013
    who's going to stop the mother of dragons?:evil:
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • chumlie
    edited April 2013
    I like the look on his face when he found out she spoke the language. Oops !!! Also when Greyjoy retuned to his cell. Priceless.
  • camp21178
    camp21178 Posts: 273
    edited April 2013
    I loved season 1 and 2. Season 3 has started out really slow, but it's finally starting to pick up.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2013
    Best show of the season last night.
  • drumminman
    edited May 2013
    chumlie wrote: »
    Best show of the season last night.

Agree! I thought the one before was pretty boring. From here on out it should be like a roller coaster.
  • amgala
    amgala Posts: 111
    edited May 2013
    I would not mind one bit if each episode were 3 hours long!
    Front Speakers: Polk Audio LSi15 x 2
    Center Speaker: Polk Audio LSiC
    Rear Speakers: Polk Audio LSiF/X x 2
    Subwoofers: Polk Audio PSW505 x 2
    AVR: Denon AVR-3313CI
    Amp: Emotiva XPA-5
  • chumlie
    edited May 2013
  • chumlie
    edited May 2013
    Greyjoy not very happy now. Don't want to upset the mother of dragons anymore. Looking forward to wedding season next week. Loved it when the hand climbs the steps to talk to his grandson.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2013
    I just can't wait to see something bad happen to the Dragon mother, too many good things have happened to her, something bad has got to be coming. She needs a swift kick in the crotch to bring her down a notch.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited May 2013
    So far, this season has been boring as all hell for me. With what, 3 shows left....they better kick it up a notch or this series is getting kicked to the curb.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • drumminman
    edited May 2013
    tonyb wrote: »
    So far, this season has been boring as all hell for me. With what, 3 shows left....they better kick it up a notch or this series is getting kicked to the curb.

For me it has had some good moments, but the story is moving way too slow. And it's almost a year between seasons, so I'm starting to lose a little interest too.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2013
    I've been enjoying the season still. Gets hard to follow at times due to the lag between what is going on and the next episode. Even though moving a little slow I still think its a good show overall.
  • chumlie
    edited May 2013
    I find its better the second or third viewing. Miss alot the first time around.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    edited May 2013
    Just went to a buddy's house over the weekend to watch the last few episodes. Dragon momma getting up outa the tub.....fer cri yi!
  • chumlie
    edited May 2013
    Good show. Mother of Dragons is one sweet mama.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited May 2013
    3m4CsYi.gif
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drumminman
    edited May 2013
    Face, this pic is hilarious ^^^^

Also the one in post #88. Especially when you know how depraved some of the characters are and how much they hate each other!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    edited June 2013
    So, my buddy just calls and leaves a message: "They've killed 'em all, man!" Then he says it was a shocker episode. Since I don't have HBO and usually watch it during the week at his place, I'm on proverbial pins and needles......
  • chumlie
    edited June 2013
    I'm thinking nobody got bored durring tonights episode. Looking forward to Cercei's wedding now. Everyone loves a good wedding.
  • drumminman
    edited June 2013
    I knew what was coming from having read the books, and it was still incredibly powerful. And realistic. Couldn't stand it when they stabbed Rob's pregnant wife in the belly.

And Roose Bolton, one of the Ned Stark's banner men, what a f**king traitor!
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited June 2013
    I don't say this much, but...

O - M - G - !! :eek:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2013
    wow-- what an ending last night
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)