Game of Thrones

chumlie
chumlie Posts: 8,658
edited June 2014 in Music & Movies
Picked up season one on blueray tuesday. Absolutly great show. Acting, sets, story and beautiful on blueray. If you like any of the above this is a must have for your collection. Best HBO show since The Wire IMO. Any Lord of the Rings fans will love this show. Any fans of The Wire too. Great storytelling and acting. Way better than the crap at the theatre's now days. 10 hrs of enjoyment for $35 is hard to beat. This one i will watch over and over its that good. Can't wait for season 2.
Post edited by chumlie on

Comments

• Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited March 2012
    This is the George RR Martin stuff? Very interested to watch it myself.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    edited March 2012
    I haven't seen it on bluray but I love that show. Can't wait for season 2, starts April 1st!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2012
    My Bluray arrived Tuesday, but it goes into my queue of Blu-rays to be watched. This coming Tuesday four more Blu-rays are being released that are buyable, and they are now in my Amazon queue. :eek:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    edited March 2012
    I haven't really watched it yet. Been meaning to get around to adding it to my shows.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • chumlie
    edited March 2012
    Oh yaeh, forgot to mension. Plenty of sex and violence, not recomended with the kids.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited March 2012
    I've read the first two books so i'm interested to see how they do the 2nd season with the 2nd book. The wife and I both like this show a lot.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • magicka
    magicka Posts: 11
    edited March 2012
    I watched season 1 as it aired, and was pretty impressed. I'm really looking forward to season 2.
  • jon s
    jon s Posts: 905
    edited March 2012
    I really enjoyed the series. What I am concerned is that the story was originally supposed to be a trilogy. When the books became popular, it was changed to a six volume set. Now the author is expanding it to eight volumes or novels. I hope he is not milking the storyline for profits....
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited March 2012
    I watched Season one with no prior knowledge of George R.R. Martin or the books. Got totally hooked - one of the best shows I've seen on TV or the movies. Unbelievable writing/acting/directing/and especially casting.

Then I read the other 4 books (5 so far with a 6th in work). Don't know how to describe them other than to say they're stunning. Never read any fiction with so many characters and subplots. It's sort of a Lord of The Rings for adults: sex, violence, magic, violence, supernatural. And. . . . .dragons!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    edited March 2012
    Bring on April 1st for two reasons, my bday and the show!
  • bencorn
    bencorn Posts: 49
    edited March 2012
    I thought the series started slow because I wasn't sure what to expect going in but once I got some of the story and characters figured out I got hooked. I need to go back and watch it again before the second season starts. I'm also looking to read the books soon.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2012
    I borrowed the Blu-ray set from a friend and enjoyed it quite a bit.

It is also one of the best Blu-rays, as far as quality, that I have ever seen.
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2012
    Excellent series... 2nd only to Deadwood among HBO Originals IMO...

Season 1 is on DVR soon to be joined by #2.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited April 2012
    Alright! Who watched it last night? Lots of development, but a fairly slow first episode, very good though. I'll rewatch it this week sometime.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2012
    Looking forward to seeing it. I'll wait till there's a few episodes more and watch em all at once.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2012
    I thought episode one, season two was a good show, if a little short. Great to get reacquainted with some of the main characters. I think it'll be more fun for me to watch now that I know the story line having read all the books. I won't have to work so hard to figure out the meaning of lines of dialog that are seemingly throw away, but really of great importance.

Tyrion might be my favorite character.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited April 2012
    drumminman wrote: »
    Tyrion might be my favorite character.

I said that the other day!! He is the smartest one, it seems...
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2012
    YzQqR.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • David R
    David R Posts: 134
    edited April 2012
    The first season was my favorite show. The second season start was not good.
    Panasonic 65" Plasma - Panasonic Blu-ray. Onkyo TX-NR809 RTi A7s fronts - MK CS150s surronds.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed Season II's kickoff... the hour just flew by.

What really surprised me was how they were able to effectively capsulize Season I in a minute or so worth of clips. I had considered rewatching Season I as a refresher... glad I didn't.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited April 2012
    Tour2ma wrote: »
    Excellent series... 2nd only to Deadwood among HBO Originals IMO...

Season 1 is on DVR soon to be joined by #2.

+1 Deadwood was that good !
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • David R
    David R Posts: 134
    edited April 2012
    The last season of deadwood was not very good. Yeah deadwood was good. How about Six Feet Under and The Sopronos? The first season of the Walking Dead was also very good.
    Panasonic 65" Plasma - Panasonic Blu-ray. Onkyo TX-NR809 RTi A7s fronts - MK CS150s surronds.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2012
    Watched the 1st 2 episodes of season 2 this morning. Looks like Rob Stark's gonna have his hands full with all the army's coming after him. Can't wait to see whats up with the redhead. Blonde is pissed they killed blood of my blood and who is creepy guy up north with all the daughter/wives feeding his sons to. May have to buy the books to keep up with all the drama. You forgot The Wire ( Best HBO Series IMO )
  • chumlie
    edited April 2012
    Piss off spammer. reported
  • drumminman
    edited April 2012
    Face wrote: »
    YzQqR.jpg

:smile::cheesygrin: That's hilarious!
  • jerossi
    jerossi Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    That's awesome. Thanks for share.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited April 2012
    I just ordered this from Amazon. Looking forward to it based on your reviews.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • chumlie
    edited April 2012
    Sherardp wrote: »
    I just ordered this from Amazon. Looking forward to it based on your reviews.
    If your not happy with it i will personally refund your money. Its that good.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2012
    Just fiished Season 2 episode 4. King Joffrey is one sick, mean basterd. Now his mom's tappin her cousin while her brothers locked up and Tirion knows about it. Can't wait for episode 5 to see what the red headed fire queen just gave birth to .
  • drumminman
    edited April 2012
    chumlie wrote: »
    Just fiished Season 2 episode 4. King Joffrey is one sick, mean basterd. Now his mom's tappin her cousin while her brothers locked up and Tirion knows about it. Can't wait for episode 5 to see what the red headed fire queen just gave birth to .

You haven't read the books I take it. You ain't seen nothin' yet! :eek: Cersei is mean as a damn snake too. But quite possibly the worst is Roose Bolton's **** son, Ramsey, who hasn't been introduced yet.

Love Tyrion - what a smart, clever little f--ker! :cool: