Comments

• leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited August 2010
  • fafner
    fafner Posts: 115
    edited August 2010
    HB27 wrote: »
    I'm bumping this up again before I end up buying them. They're a steal with the mods and upgrades.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ele/1892369650.html

Please tell me again how the 1c's compare with the SDA SRS's.

Thanks.

fafner
    Fronts - Polk SDA2B's
    Center - Polk 350CS
    Surrounds #A - Another pair of SDA2B's
    Surrounds #B - Another pair of SDA2B's
    Rears - Yet another pair of SDA2B's
    Subwoofers - 2 M&K's
    AVR - Denon 3808CI
    Display - Sony 52KDL4100
    Blu-ray Player - JVC BP-1
    HTPC - Self built - Intel Quad Core I7 920@4.0ghz
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited August 2010
    leroyjr1 wrote: »

Grim got them
    mole'
  • fishbones
    fishbones Posts: 947
    edited August 2010
    I thought these MUST be on here already at the deal they're givin', but I couldn't find it in this thread? Mint 1.2TL's and 1 bid only has them at $750 - with only 2 days left!?! Don't know if he has a high reserve or not, but if he doesn't, it might be a helluva deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polk-Audio-SDA-1-2TL-/280550415952?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers
    ..... ><////(*>
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited August 2010
    fishbones wrote: »
    I thought these MUST be on here already at the deal they're givin', but I couldn't find it in this thread? Mint 1.2TL's and 1 bid only has them at $750 - with only 2 days left!?! Don't know if he has a high reserve or not, but if he doesn't, it might be a helluva deal!

There doesn't seem to be any reserve - but they're local pick-up in Idaho! Anyone within 500-1,000 miles ought to be jumping on these!
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited August 2010
    fishbones wrote: »

Ebay auctions aren't over until they are over--2 days is a lot of time for that to be driven up--either that or people are just waiting til the end.

I don't see a reserve on them, just a starting bid of $750.. If he started the bidding a $1, then maybe a reserve. But if somebody gets them for $750, then I guess yeah-one helluva deal. I'll have to watch that one just to see. Wouldn't be the first one people fell asleep on--Biggest issue with this kind of sale on eBay is that its Local P/U only so that significantly limits the potential buyers/competition.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2010
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    Ebay auctions aren't over until they are over--2 days is a lot of time for that to be driven up--either that or people are just waiting til the end.

I don't see a reserve on them, just a starting bid of $750.. If he started the bidding a $1, then maybe a reserve. But if somebody gets them for $750, then I guess yeah-one helluva deal. I'll have to watch that one just to see. Wouldn't be the first one people fell asleep on--Biggest issue with this kind of sale on eBay is that its Local P/U only so that significantly limits the potential buyers/competition.
    A rare opportunity to own one of the greatest speakers ever made. I bought these SDA SRS 1.2TL speakers from the original owner. The only flaw they have is what appears to be either crayon or lipstick on the lower right side of one of the speakers (it is not visible when facing the speakers. It would most likely come out, but I have not tried. All drivers and tweeters are performing flawlessly. These speakers have not been modified. Included with the auction is the original owner's manual, interconnect cable, and the "bass bracket" for the wall. I do not have the original boxes. Local pickup is STRONGLY recommended. If shipping is desired, the winning bidder is to pay shipping and all packaging charges. I have been a Polk fan for years and have owned everything from Monitor 7's, SDA-1C's, SDA-CRS (available in a separate auction), and these flagship Polks. Now it's time to share this beautiful sonic experience with one lucky bidder. Chances are if you're looking at this auction, you've always wanted these speakers. Bid with confidence and reward yourself.

He doesn't state "Local Pickup Only," he suggests it. Boy if these are sleepers someone is going to make out like a bandit!
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    i emailed him about shipping to cali.
    mole'
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2010
    mole' wrote: »
    i emailed him about shipping to cali.

Check out some crating services. There are a few mentioned in threads here. That's the only way to go with shipping those bad boys.
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    Check out some crating services. There are a few mentioned in threads here. That's the only way to go with shipping those bad boys.

gonna be toooo much to ship
    mole'
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2010
    mole' wrote: »
    gonna be toooo much to ship

Not if you get them at $750 or even $1K!!!;)
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    is anyone else gonna maybe get them? if not i think i might. dont wanna step on someone elses toes.
    mole'
  • audio_alan
    audio_alan Posts: 770
    edited August 2010
    I'm thinking about bidding on them and taking a road trip to pick them up. Still deciding though, since it's probably going to cost me an additional $500 over the selling price (at least $300+ in gas for my friend's truck, probably a hotel room, food, etc). Wish it were closer...
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    gonna be $400 for shipping to my home. not much more TOTAL than i spent for my 2.3TL's picked up

audio_alan post up if you are or aren't gonna get them please. if you are ill leave them be or if someone else is gonna get them.
    mole'
  • audio_alan
    edited August 2010
    Looks like we're in the same boat mole'. It's a great deal (right now), but the addition of shipping (or a road trip) makes it a little less attractive. I'm definitely looking to bid on them, I'm just not sure how high I'm going to go yet...
  • mmadden28
    edited August 2010
    He doesn't state "Local Pickup Only," he suggests it. Boy if these are sleepers someone is going to make out like a bandit!

Yeah I saw that later - I can't see it right now at work, but I though the main ad said Local P/U Only no?

But still, shipping could be a deal killer, or even a driver killer. Too risky and thus limits the potential bites.

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited August 2010
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    way to high but might come down eventually no affil

http://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/1896764777.html

Just talked with this guy said he would take $300 They are in minty condition....
  • audio_alan
    edited August 2010
    Just talked with this guy said he would take $300 They are in minty condition....

The same pair just expired on ebay with a starting bid of $250, with no bids.
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2010
    audio_alan wrote: »
    The same pair just expired on ebay with a starting bid of $250, with no bids.

Considering the condition of these I think $300 is a fair price. not a great price but fair..
  • audio_alan
    edited August 2010
    Considering the condition of these I think $300 is a fair price. not a great price but fair..

Good point, but it never hurts to have all the facts. :D

I was tempted to place a bid at $250, but I have my eye on those 1.2tl's...
  • audio_alan
    edited August 2010
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Good point, but it never hurts to have all the facts. :D

I was tempted to place a bid at $250, but I have my eye on those 1.2tl's...

Ugh, guess not. The 1.2tls went for over $1800. With the road trip, that would have been too much. Oh well, maybe next time.

Back to my 2.3's... :cool: (not that I'm complaining)
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2010

they ended up going for alomost twice that..pretty impressive.
  • Toolfan66
    edited August 2010
    The 1.2/1.2tl's always seem to hit the $1800-$2000 mark lately..

It seems everybody shoots for the tl models, and I understand why but why wait a year or more for them?? the other SDA's are just as much fun to own.. If and when you find the tl's buy them then sell the others... I have yet to hear an SDA I don't like...
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited August 2010
    well wouldn't it make sense to buy a 1.2 and upgrade it to TL rather than spend more on a TL? As it is you will have to upgrade the crossovers and tweeters on anything you buy.

the 1.2 seem to be going for much less.

oh and lets not forget the curve ball. The 1.2TL's that went for 500 in denver :(
  • audio_alan
    edited August 2010
    The 1.2/1.2tl's always seem to hit the $1800-$2000 mark lately..

It seems everybody shoots for the tl models, and I understand why but why wait a year or more for them?? the other SDA's are just as much fun to own.. If and when you find the tl's buy them then sell the others... I have yet to hear an SDA I don't like...

Good advice, Larry! I'm glad I at least have the regular 2.3's to play until I find a nice set of tl's.

Not to mention, I can practice upgrading the cross-overs, sealing the cabinets, dynamat, etc., on a less expensive model. Then when I finally get the 1.2 tl's, hopefully I'll know what the heck I'm doing! :D
  • mmadden28
    edited August 2010
    Linky
    For sale pair of Polk Audio SDA CRS speakers in good cosmetic condition but the tweeters are not working. Tweeters are readily available and I saw 4 for sale on Craigslist earlier today.

These are the original Polk Audio Stereo Dimensional Array (SDA) Compact Reference Series (CRS) speakers released in 1984. They utilize a phased array technology which substantially enhances the spatial separation between channels. The smooth high frequencies produced by the high dome tweeters are just stunning. They are particular good at reproducing the subtle tones of acoustic instruments.

The cabinets are wood/walnut covered with a few scratches/ dings and a glass ring on the top of one. I made no attempt to clean or touch up the finish. I will leave that to you. The grills are not included with these speakers. One speaker grill mount has been broken off. No interconnect cable is available.

Price is $ 145. If you are reading this, they are still available.

**no affil**

• jimbo1421
    jimbo1421 Posts: 772
    edited August 2010

Serious keyword abuse. I hate that.
    5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • mmadden28
    edited August 2010
    jimbo1421 wrote: »
    Serious keyword abuse. I hate that.

Ditto!

• hearingimpared
    edited August 2010
    What the frig are all those keywords for?