2010 Polkfest, rockin dirty Jersey!!

Options

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Shouldn't we start a different thread, with a list of equipment for swap/sale/delivery to the fest and all that hot ****?

Thats coming George, there is a reason planning wise I am holding off on that for a couple weeks (my sister in law might be buying a house and be out by Polkfest...which will greatly change the dynamics of what people can bring [for the better]).

Will also effect planning and layout overall, thus affect any special requests on my end. If it doesnt happen don't fret, there will still be PLENTY of room for a fest.

Dave can attest to when I say that if I can get my second floor involved, the baddassery of the fest will increase.

**note, I am not telling my sister in law of this as i want her to do this at her own pace (buying a house is a daunting task, and she is under contract at the moment).....I'll plan around it either way

again, I planned this fest with her still living here so don't fret about it. Plenty of room either way.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It appears I am obligated to make the grounds of Rancho de No Concerno a haven for the weary, northbound, automobile traveling participant (JUST ABOUT all) who plans on arriving in the North Jersey area late Friday afternoon, Friday evening, or Friday night. I am about an hour and a half south of Lou.

I would say you might be obligated to make it here for at least day....you are making a cameo right?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lou I dont know how your parties can get anymore badass then they have been but look foward to pushing the envelope on that
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Atta boy... I'm really stoked about this one. I won't be bringing anything in way of "gear", but let me know if there's anything I can contribute. Besides my sexy, sexy ****, of course.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I would say you might be obligated to make it here for at least day....you are making a cameo right?

I thought he told me he was making a Camaro?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    I thought he told me he was making a Camaro?

he'd probably do a better job than GM ever did :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Atta boy... I'm really stoked about this one. I won't be bringing anything in way of "gear", but let me know if there's anything I can contribute. Besides my sexy, sexy ****, of course.

New music son, new music!!!
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You got it Joe. By and by... the new Arcade Fire album drops August 2nd. I've got tickets for August 11th. Saweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He1Yq_D7Jv0
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You got it Joe. By and by... the new Arcade Fire album drops August 2nd. I've got tickets for August 11th. Saweet.

What happend to the link or vid???
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2010
    Options

You're going to have a tough time getting a mule across the state lines, no matter how handsome a creature it may be.

Big Lou, absotively. Pass up a chance to see Tedwick, Shackus, and the guys from The Island? Plus a bunch others? See you for the SoB Saturday morn.
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options

Big Lou, absotively. Pass up a chance to see Tedwick, Shackus, and the guys from The Island? Plus a bunch others? See you for the SoB Saturday morn.

excellent
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm adding this to my wife's calendar now so that she doesn't make plans for me--I'm going to make every attempt to attend-too close not to. Not sure if one or both days yet. It's still 10/1 & 2 right?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Louie, my wife expressed interest in coming:eek: . . . is that okay?
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You're going to have a tough time getting a mule across the state lines, no matter how handsome a creature it may be.

George look foward to seeing you.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Same here Dave!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited June 2010
    Options

No.

This is a super secret meeting of the club G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid Of Slimey girlS). No girls allowed! :p
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options

but of course
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    mmadden28 wrote: »
    I'm adding this to my wife's calendar now so that she doesn't make plans for me--I'm going to make every attempt to attend-too close not to. Not sure if one or both days yet. It's still 10/1 & 2 right?

yep !
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jstas
    Fireman32
    hearingimpared + wifey
    devani
    jimmydep
    cnh (highly possible?)
    millerlightscott
    shack (is planning...lol)
    lightman1 (now it's a party)
    serendipity (if no exams)
    face
    pohlrbehr
    pearsall001
    George Daniel and Janice
    Trietz
    F1Nut
    Nadams
    Amulford
    Ricardo
    Heiney (over even money chance)
    Reeltrouble (will come to laugh at my peasant audio gear :) )
    Disneyjoe7
    George Grand
    MMadden
    Ben626709786243......whatever :)

early confirmations I remember (reconfirm boy)

Lasereath (should have 6 pack abs by polkfest)

it's building......looking like I'm cleaning the basement> Jersey folk, expect an "all call" for assistance..lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Feel free to slap my name of that there fancy list of your's. Please and thank you.
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    No.

This is a super secret meeting of the club G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid Of Slimey girlS). No girls allowed! :p

Hey, are you casting asparagus on my wifes slime?:D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Okay, so I'm looking at rates for the Holiday Inn in Totowa. It seems you can get two double beds for the same price as a single. Would anyone want to volunteer to split a room with me? I'll be booking for Check in on Friday, and check out on Sunday.

If we pay in advance, it works out to $52 each per night, plus a whopping 15% tax, so around $60 each per night. Anyone interested?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PS- Here's the list of gear I'll be trucking down-

Hafler DH-110 Preamp
    Adcom GFA 545 amp
    Denon CDP (forget model)
    Polk RTiA1 bookshelves
    Polk R15 bookshelves
    Possibly the Marantz 2220b receiver.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ohskigod
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Jstas
    Fireman32
    hearingimpared + wifey
    devani
    jimmydep
    cnh (highly possible?)
    millerlightscott
    shack (is planning...lol)
    lightman1 (now it's a party)
    serendipity (if no exams)
    face
    pohlrbehr
    pearsall001
    George Daniel and Janice
    Trietz
    F1Nut
    Nadams
    Amulford
    Ricardo
    Heiney (over even money chance)
    Reeltrouble (will come to laugh at my peasant audio gear :) )
    Disneyjoe7
    George Grand
    MMadden
    Ben626709786243......whatever :)
    Zombieboy2000

early confirmations I remember (reconfirm boy)

Lasereath (should have 6 pack abs by polkfest)

it's building......looking like I'm cleaning the basement> Jersey folk, expect an "all call" for assistance..lol[/QUOTE]
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• nadams
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lou- let me know if you want me to come down Thursday night to help prepare for these lunatics. I'd just need a place to sleep Thursday night, as I wouldn't want to pay an extra night in the hotel :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Fireman32
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lou you know I will be up for the entire week so I will help clean the basement.
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what my schedule would look like around the October time frame. I want to try and make it if possible.......
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I don't see KAB on this list of attendees. I will be there.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited June 2010
    Options
    kab wrote: »
    I don't see KAB on this list of attendees. I will be there.

Ummmm...........it wouldn;t a Polk Fest without you.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited June 2010
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Ummmm...........it wouldn;t a Polk Fest without you walking the streets.

Fixed it. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk