May I have the forums attention PLEASE?

Comments

• scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited February 2007
    Mama Mia !!!

in the full length version the anguished cry "Mama Mia!" was followed by "I have to wait 24 hours for a band-aid, AND fill out 10 pages of paperwork? You Butcher! You are not qualified to dispense band-aids!". the man then cleaves his bleeding finger with a wide swing [cut to nurse scream] and he yells "Do I have to wait 24 hours for this?!".

anyway, that's the way i remember it.

)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    *clears throat*

Man, talk about "vintage".......hehe. Throwback thread thrown like spaghetti onto the wall from back in the day for your Friday night enjoyment. Many, many old faces, some of which are unfortunately no longer with us, banned mo-fo's and folks I wished were still with us on a regular basis. Got quite the chuckle reading through some of these posts.

Micah.....you still in Charlotte?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    I wonder whatever happened to BL, TD, etc?

I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Wasn't the Mercury rant the thing that got Candyliquor banned?
    Carl

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2017
    Dang this thread is moldy... we should re-bury this steaming pile of bantha poodoo before someone pokes out an eye or something. :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    What are you talking about, John? this thread is CLASSIC Polk!

It relives the same old song and dance. It relives history. It shows the old brethren who was here when and who is gone, who is banned, who is no longer (literally) with us, etc.

This is hands down classic Polk.

It would be nice if some of the old dogs were still here. Lots of gained knowledge gone.....but.

Good knowledge has come in since then. I don't think anybody can deny that. Life goes on and so does the forum but a recent thread about 3 weeks ago should remind you of where the OP was coming from. You know, "the old dogs -vs- the new"? It was old back then when moderation was (as a manner of speaking) non-existent.

That's honestly part of what cracked me up. Seeing the old dogs before my time here cracked me up even more. I was just having fun. It's Friday, I need a release from work and a throwback thread can't hurt.

Might even bring in some of the old dogs that chimed in.....ya' never know.....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Go to bed y'all
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    John go watch Barney or something with your lil' one

Tom go polish the dome

geez
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    I get that Tom... my post was in jest. Now back on your meds... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    I'll *hiccup* drink to that.

Did masterpp ever get that black paint?

Tom
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Tom and John are two people that I will switch sides for
  • nooshinjohn
    Thanks Russ.. just remember that I'm the pitcher.

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    schwarcw wrote: »

I think it was his incessant posting about a small value shunt resistor supposedly fixing the 13k spike with the sl2000 tweeters. Some yahoo down at the electronic parts outlet here in Houston turned him on to it. I've been there...you don't find expertise there, just used Pyle speaker parts.

I wonder if he is still here in Katy...hope he's ok.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    DollarDave wrote: »

I think it was his incessant posting about a small value shunt resistor supposedly fixing the 13k spike with the sl2000 tweeters. Some yahoo down at the electronic parts outlet here in Houston turned him on to it. I've been there...you don't find expertise there, just used Pyle speaker parts.

I think this is correct Dave ^^^^ i was new and pretty sure around 2009 or so he went sideways.

Russ ......just shaking my head brah. Speechless >:)
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I love reading old stuff like this, good times bad times
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Im wondering if Russ still feels the same after sobering up. :)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    deronb1 wrote: »

I was sober when I posted that. ;)
  • deronb1
    lightman1 wrote: »

Wellll....there ya go....:)
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited September 2017
    lightman1 wrote: »

I seriously doubt that! :D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2017

Ahhhh! I remember now! You are right, I needed my memory jogged on his demise. He was going sideways and downward for a number of threads that he started. He had a number of those tweeter rants in various threads if I recall.

There was a great picture of him experimenting with aluminum foil ears, that he made to get a wider soundstage or SDA depth. Funny as hell!
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Don't forget that he mounted SL2000 tweeters on the door panels in his car.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• deronb1
    F1nut wrote: »
    Don't forget that he mounted SL2000 tweeters on the door panels in his car.

Ha!
  • treitz3
    Hey Carl, good to see you posting bro'.

Tom
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    One thing that is consistent over the years is there is always someone trying to control what others say. Now the method is "reported". LOL
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    Shut up Russ.

You mean like this?

This is the norm, even if he makes sense on a bi-yearly basis. This is not control. This is normal.

Tom
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    I see another 9 pages of comments in this thread's future. :smiley: Fun read for sure.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • schwarcw wrote: »

Ahhhh! I remember now! You are right, I needed my memory jogged on his demise. He was going sideways and downward for a number of threads that he started. He had a number of those tweeter rants in various threads if I recall.

There was a great picture of him experimenting with aluminum foil ears, that he made to get a wider soundstage or SDA depth. Funny as hell!

Entirely doable, it's called a notch filter. It requires a resistor, capacitor and inductor, all chosen very carefully. You'll still end up with a crappy sounding SL2000, but with a reduced resonance peak.

Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited September 2017

Entirely doable, it's called a notch filter. It requires a resistor, capacitor and inductor, all chosen very carefully. You'll still end up with a crappy sounding SL2000, but with a reduced resonance peak.

In his case it was a 2uF cap, nothing else.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098

AKA band stop filter...high Q point...