May I have the forums attention PLEASE?

Options

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Didn't they throw a big party in your honor down in Miami? Everybody was there....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2007
    Options
    well, it's true. If you are a newbie.. you won't get the inside jokes on RuSsMan, F1Nut, or dorokusai and a few other's. All these guys and many more know the ribbing we give each other is just that. At the end of the day.. we all remain friends and move forward.

Even the old gang gets irratated with the same questions being asked over and over again. The number one being "which _____ is best? That simple yet annoying question needs more information before it can be answered... but yet some newbies feel it's a legit question.. I can see their side.. but with just a little more info.. alot of people will give good honest replys.

So that gets old.

IN my case I was treated fairly when I began in this forum way back in mid 2001. Back a few years ago, I was looking for a pair of SDA's. Within the Polkie network I was able to get the SDA's I wanted and the deal went smooth... and all is well and balanced in the world. I certainly would not have been able to find a pair or SRS"s. had it not been for the people in here looking out for me and letting me know when a pair became available.

Plus, i've always been one to do my home work before I buy any thing. So i try and read up or demo stuff on my own.. only when there is something I don't understand or isn't clear to me.. will i ask questions.

That's it.. we were all newbies in here at one point or another.. so we all understand what it's like breaking into a new forum.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Options
    :D ROFLMAO!!!!:D And a belated Happy Birthday to you Sartori!:)
    shack wrote:
    Didn't they throw a big party in your honor down in Miami? Everybody was there....
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Options
    cfrizz wrote:
    :D ROFLMAO!!!!:D And a belated Happy Birthday to you Sartori!:)

And Happy Birthday to you too:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2007
    Options
    You two are makeing me sick.....CUT IT OUT!!!!:D :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Okay, I had my Oprah moment, time to move on.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2007
    Options
    scottvamp wrote:
    It is like the Prince thread, it was brought up because of the great performance it was. Not for a untalented **** thread.
    Personal opinions pretty low on the **** populace scott? No surprise on your level of idiocy being shown here.....

For the birthday thing, if you don't put your DOB in your profile, then the system doesn't know it and you won't be flagged at the bottom of he main forum screen. Simple........

The rest of you........**** off. :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I don't know who the hell you think you are but maybe just maybe when you've had a cannonball size (well that's why my neurologolist called it) lesion on your brain that was directly caused by having mercury based fillings in your teeth for 30 years in combination with having been given mercury laced vaccines without being warned about their content or danger, then you'll respect someones right to warn others about your personal knowledge and experience so they won't make the same mistake and refrain from name calling and personal attack that you so eloquently demonstrated.

http://www.health.gov/environment/amalgam1/appendixviii.htm

BTW, most of the doctors cited in this report are Swedish, so they don't have to worry about the AMA pulling thier liscence, do they?

I'm curious as to how your neurologist came to the conclusion that your lesion is caused by mercury ingestion?

I have such a lesion as well, my neurologist has never asked me about my dental work?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Personally, I think it was caused by huffing paint fumes...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Man PT, you dug deep for this one! :D

Seriously though, I came on board the Polk Forums sometime in '95 if I remember correctly, and just about lived here for the better part of five years. You couldn't tear me and a good number of others away from it. (Of course the number of forums available at the time were rather limited anyways but that's neither here nor there...) The PF went through some upgrades throughout the years and yes, the character of it changed somewhat but that's because the number of members was always growing. The more people involved, the more differing of opinions you're going to encounter. A few hundred members didn't rub each other wrong nearly as much or as often as 43,000+ do. However, as much as things change, so much still remains the same. There has always been bickering and there always will be. There's simply more people, ideas, and opinions in the mix.

I reached a point some years ago where I ran into a bad case of "audio overload" and simply had to take a long break from a hobby that was almost consuming my life. I'd check in here from time to time to see what was up but didn't get involved. Heck, I'm barely involved these days. At any rate things really haven't been that much different over the years... who around here remembers the years of the "Snake"??? :eek: :D
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2007
    Options
    BobMcG,
    If you joined the Polk forum in 1995, why does your profile list a July 2001 join date?

- Ron S.
    (Also joined in July 2001)
  • BobMcG
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Hi Ron,

That (July 2001) was the date of when a major overhaul of the PF took place and they simply made that as the starting date for all members already on board because they had no official records before that of when members had joined.;)
  • BobMcG
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Oh yeah, they also started a post counter for all members at zero then too. There was no post counter prior to that date (July 2001).
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2007
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    http://www.health.gov/environment/amalgam1/appendixviii.htm

BTW, most of the doctors cited in this report are Swedish, so they don't have to worry about the AMA pulling thier liscence, do they?

I'm curious as to how your neurologist came to the conclusion that your lesion is caused by mercury ingestion?

I have such a lesion as well, my neurologist has never asked me about my dental work?

BDT

Do a google or yahoo search on MERCURY BANNED IN SWEDEN and you'll get a more up to date view of mercury use in sweden.

"In 1966, Sweden banned seed fungicides containing mercury."

"On February 18, 1994, mercury fillings were banned in Sweden for children and youth 19 years of age because evidence showed them to be a trigger of autoimmune disorder."

"The World Health Organization, in 1991, concluded that "dental amalgam constitutes the major human exposure to mercury."

Mercury amalgams and vaccines are the two primary sources of mercury toxicity in humans. Amalgams can contribute to the toxic load of a mother prior to having children. Accumulated mercury in the body crosses the placenta and sets up the child for being toxic at birth. Thimerosal-containing vaccines, given to an already toxic infant, raise the likelihood of mercury poisoning and neurodevelopmental issues.

Mercury amalgams have been banned in Sweden and Denmark. Maine passed the first law in the country requiring dentists to "inform their patients that amalgam dental fillings contain a large percentage of the toxic element mercury, which can be harmful to the wearer's health.""

http://www.generationrescue.org/mercury_dental.html

http://www.generationrescue.org/pdf/haley2.pdf

"24. Finally, science has produced compelling evidence at the biological level that
    mercury can cause the aberrancies found in Alzheimer's disease. Recent
    research has shown both strong biological plausibility and epidemiological
    studies regarding ethylmercury exposure from thimerosal in vaccinations being
    the cause of the devastating disease of autism and related disorder. Yet, our
    organizations and bureaucracies formed to protect us deny even the possibility
    that mercury or organic mercury is involved in the causation or exacerbation of
    these diseases. One only needs to know the history of Pink disease (acyrodynia)
    to understand that proving mercury involvement in disease is quite difficult due to
    genetic susceptibility. However, all of the scientific and biomedical facts
    together emphasizes the need for congressional action to stop the
    exposure of Americans to mercury and organic mercury compounds."
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Do a google or yahoo search on MERCURY BANNED IN SWEDEN and you'll get a more up to date view of mercury use in sweden.

"In 1966, Sweden banned seed fungicides containing mercury."

"On February 18, 1994, mercury fillings were banned in Sweden for children and youth 19 years of age because evidence showed them to be a trigger of autoimmune disorder."

Yup, all good evidence to not get a flu shot or have your child vaccinated for polio (Or whatever the recommended shots are now)... :rolleyes:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2007
    Options
    It's kind of awesome that this thread turned into an argument. :p
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Troy has a stalker, troy has a stalker...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    Options
    So did I, two of them, that's how all this nonsense got started!!! LOL ROTFLMREO
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I remember Snake from way back in the day.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:
    It's kind of awesome that this thread turned into an argument. :p

:D:D:D I'll try again.

>>>

Back on track, lets do this. This place USED to be something to be proud of, lets make it happen, all petty **** aside.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Lets do it!
    PolkThug
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Would you like chesse with your whine?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Petty needs to be redefined else whining will continue. :rolleyes:
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Oh Jeez....can't we talk about more important stuff.........:p

Global warming anyone ??:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2007
    Options
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Global warming my arse, it's single digits outside. :(

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,270
    edited February 2007
    Options
    All I know is this: since I've begun wearing my "WWGBD" silver bracelet, good things have been happening to me !

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Ok, I'll bit. WTF is a "WWGBD" silver bracelet?

President of Club Polk

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2007
    Options
    George Bush?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Ok, I'll bit. WTF is a "WWGBD" silver bracelet?

What Would George Bush Do ??:confused:
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2007
    Options
    All I know is this: since I've begun wearing my "WWGBD" silver bracelet, good things have been happening to me !

;)

if you sell that in the flea market, I might pick it up :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites