Options
    these showed up this week.

will be testing this weekend.
    mole'
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Labels sent to Rooftop53 @ Gmail for Slinger182....check it.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Got em last night. Set em up as surrounds ran audyssey and popped in Iron Man 2 they sounded awesome. Looking forward to setting them up as fronts.
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,465
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mark,

I sent my email to mnestor about this demo. Seeing as they are in the midwest I'd really like to demo these as well if I could. I have been wondering about these bookshelves since they came out and am really looking forward to hearing them. If I'm too late, not a big deal.
    Thanks!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Slinger - Labels have been sent to you for Ricardo.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mark, is it too late to jump in on this one?

David
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Labels sent to Mole' for Waywerdson.

I've spoken with Mole', he's fine and alive and well. We're working out the details for the shipping so thanks for the help guys. I had an incorrect number for him but he immediately responded to the email I sent him....like within a hour. Thanks John, and sorry for the mini-freak out. We've missed you on here and combined with the Comfortablycurt situation, it alarmed me. - Mark
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Mark, is it too late to jump in on this one?

David

David you are already online. Hold tight.
  • Knucklehead
    edited December 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    David you are already online. Hold tight.

cool...thank you Sir.
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430

• Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Dropped off the 200s on my way home from work. Packaging is getting a little rough.

Thanks for running the demo Doro! I really liked the speaks didn't want to let them go.
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The TSi200's showed up at my door this morning. I was not following this thread so I had no idea they were coming. Too bad I don't own any stands anymore. I'll have to think of something.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Labels sent to Mole' for Waywerdson.

I've spoken with Mole', he's fine and alive and well. We're working out the details for the shipping so thanks for the help guys. I had an incorrect number for him but he immediately responded to the email I sent him....like within a hour. Thanks John, and sorry for the mini-freak out. We've missed you on here and combined with the Comfortablycurt situation, it alarmed me. - Mark

yes.

i did get the labels in the email.
    i will have a printer to print the labels out when i get home.
    mole'
  • Knucklehead
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Where are we with this? I would still like to listen to either set.

David
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430

• tibet16
    tibet16 Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hey, how do I sign up?
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2011
    Options
    tibet16 wrote: »
    Hey, how do I sign up?

Shawn, just send me your information per the first post in this thread. I'll add you to the demo list. I actually have another pair that I can send to you to augment this demo. I can be reached via email from here, just highlight my name to the left. Thanks for joining!

David - I'll do another run of labels this weekend.

Mark
  • Ruiner13
    Ruiner13 Posts: 16
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, forgive a newbie poster if I'm not in the appropriate place to ask this, but I received a pair of TSi200 for Christmas and am planning on using them as high left/right surrounds in a 7.1 setup. I'm searching for a secure mounting solution for these speakers, I see that a PinPoint AM40 has been used successfully but required drilling screws into the speakers and I want more info from others that have done this before attempting drilling holes into a pair of 300 dollar speakers. Anyone have any insight on this that they can offer, even if it's just a link? Thanks and God bless.

Onkyo 707
    Monitor 70's Main
    CS20 Center
    Monitor 40's Surrounds
    coming soon, Tsi200's high left/right surrounds... with your help! :)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2011
    Options
    B-Tech 77....best bracket around and no drilling.
  • Ruiner13
    edited January 2011
    Options
    B-Tech 77....best bracket around and no drilling.

This is what keeps surfacing, I just pulled the trigger on a set of Pinpoint AM-40 mounts, which are essentially the exact same product under a different name. Thank you sir!
    (even though I think I'll have to drill anyway, at least into the bottom) :eek:
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Ruiner13 wrote: »
    This is what keeps surfacing, I just pulled the trigger on a set of Pinpoint AM-40 mounts, which are essentially the exact same product under a different name. Thank you sir!

When you drill your holes, imagine resale value spirilng into the toilet. I hope you plan on passing them to your kids.
  • Ruiner13
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When you drill your holes, imagine resale value spirilng into the toilet. I hope you plan on passing them to your kids.

Way to lesson the blow man! I think I'm going to try drilling into the bottom only, and not the sides, that way as long as I don't go all the way though the speaker a little wood putty can cover my shame one day, even though the speaker will be sitting on the holes I made. I plan on keeping them yes, I don't see my self selling them.

Question for you ladies and gentlemen, would these TSi200 work better as high left/rights or wide left/rights? Using a Onkyo 707 currently setup for 5.1 surround sound.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited January 2011
    Options

Use Zip ties or velco straps over the speakers to secure them to the mount - no drilling required into the speakers.

I do this now with my speakers using the BT-77 (same as the pinpoint).

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited January 2011
    Options

I'm tellin ya...the BT77 is the best bracket around for wall mounting a bookshelf speaker. If it's not too late, I'd cancel the order for the pinpoints and get the BT77's.

My $.02
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm tellin ya...the BT77 is the best bracket around for wall mounting a bookshelf speaker. If it's not too late, I'd cancel the order for the pinpoints and get the BT77's.

My $.02

Isn't it the same, though? It sure seems that way from the tiny pictures I've seen.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • comfortablycurt
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Isn't it the same, though? It sure seems that way from the tiny pictures I've seen.

I'd never looked at them before...I just looked it up, and it does appear to be the same mount. My mistake.

Ruiner13-You shouldn't have to drill into those speakers to use those mounts. As Erik Tracy mentioned, if you feel they need more security, attach them with zip ties. I've never felt anything but confidence in my BT77's though. They're rated to hold speakers up to 55 pounds when properly anchored into a stud. The fact that the manufacturer has rated them for that much weight shows a that they have a LOT of confidence in them...and rightly so. The TSi200's weigh less than 20 pounds a piece, so you should have no problem mounting them on there.

The thought of drilling into my speakers makes me feel a little sick personally...I'd avoid it at all costs.
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • Almadacr
    Almadacr Posts: 185
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I just came to the forum to see some reviews from actual owners of the monitor60 series since i`m looking to change or improve my fronts and center channel and also looking to bookshelves since my kid poked on the drive from my KEF and i have to take my hat to polk , to give the opportunity for us enthusiastic s of the audio/home video to try there speakers . I know or it seams like its only open to the US not Canada but anyway kudos to Polk .
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doro,

Just sent email to you. Please include me in the list. Thanks.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• mrbofus
    mrbofus Posts: 297
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doro,
    Just wondering where I am in the rotation? The wife is on the kick of the RT8i's are too big again....and how would these mate with an Onkyo sr507?
    just wondering, no big deal and i can wait my turn.
    Thanks for the opportunity,Greg
    Sharp Aqous 40" LCD
    Onkyo TX SR-507 AVR
    Onkyo DX-C390 CD Changer
    POLK RTI8 Mains--Cherry
    the rest...in process...slowly!!
  • comfortablycurt
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Does this demo have any kind of set order? I'm just wondering about when I can expect to get these. I'm looking forward to getting my ears on them...I haven't heard any of the TSi series bookshelves yet. A friend of mine has a pair of Monitor 40's up front in his HT and a pair of Monitor 30's as surrounds...so whenever I get these, I'll definitely be doing some direct comparisons between the Monitor/TSi series'.

mrbofus wrote: »
    Doro,
    Just wondering where I am in the rotation? The wife is on the kick of the RT8i's are too big again....and how would these mate with an Onkyo sr507?
    just wondering, no big deal and i can wait my turn.
    Thanks for the opportunity,Greg

Any of the TSi series speakers will mate well with your Onkyo 507. They're fairly efficient, 8 ohms nominal and quite easy to drive...so any receiver will be able to drive them pretty easily. An average AVR will start running out of steam with a pair of Monitor 70's/TSi500's, but any of the other Monitor/TSi's will pair well with your 507.

That being said, going from a pair of RTi8's to a pair of Monitor/TSi series bookshelves would be a bit of a downgrade. Not only in the sense that you're going from a floorstander to a bookshelf...but the TSi's are somewhat less refined sounding than the RTi's. The RTi's sound much better than the TSi's IMO. Especially where musicality is concerned.

If you really have to move down to a pair of bookshelves, have you considered a pair of RTi6's or RTiA3's? I used to have both RTi8's and RTi6's, and IMO the RTi6's were much more musical speakers. The high end wasn't as plagued with the brightness issues that many people complain about in regards to the RTi series. The 6's also throw a wonderful stereo image. In my experience, the 6's also have a smoother, clearer...and overall better sounding midrange. They don't pump out quite as much low end as the 8's, but with a decent sub that will make no difference. You've more or less gotta run a sub with the 8's anyway if you want a full range signal.

I know this is taking things into a slightly different price range, but if you can swing it...a pair of LSi7's or LSi9's would be vastly superior sounding to every other Polk bookshelf.:wink:

Hope that helps.:smile:
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • mrbofus
    mrbofus Posts: 297
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Comfortablcurt,
    Thank for the input,
    I know it would be a downgrade and I have considered the RTi6s before. Sometimes I just got to pretend like you are listening when she speaks about the speakers.
    G
    Sharp Aqous 40" LCD
    Onkyo TX SR-507 AVR
    Onkyo DX-C390 CD Changer
    POLK RTI8 Mains--Cherry
    the rest...in process...slowly!!
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Labels sent to Ricardo and Mole'(Second Round). John(Mole'), I need these to go out please.