What are YOU gonna do w/ your $600.00?

12346»

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2008
    I'm going to pay myself back with it I guess. Just did my taxes and owe $1400. :(
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2008
    i think i may just get a nice subwoofer for may car? Does Polk make boxed subs with a single 10" or 12" driver? or is it DIY on subs?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited February 2008
    I changed my mind. Probably just put it towards my student loan.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • reberly
    reberly Posts: 173
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    Take the political horseshit someplace else. There are any number of political forums to accomodate you.

Feel absolutely free to stick the check where the sun doesn't shine. OK?

BDT

The clubhouse is a perfect place to discuss non Audio topics. The question was asked and more than likely there will be politically motivated answers to such a quesiton. It is easy to just accept a check and not think much about it and you are probably living a blissful life I envy.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    The clubhouse, per Polk Audio, is NOT the place to discuss politics. If you wish, take it up with the moderators.

I'm not sure how you can presume to draw conclusions about me but one conclusion that you CAN draw is that I do NOT need someone with 65 posts to tell me what is and isn't appropriate material for discussion.

Again, there are any number of political forums on the internet, if that's your bag, go find one. The THD around here is high enough without adding to it.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reberly
    edited February 2008
    You are right, you don't seem blissful at all. I wish I could give you a big hug. Everyone please send TroyD your heartfelt hugs. Does having 10,191 posts preclude you from taking any kind of criticism from someone with only 65? If my comments were not appropriate for this forum than the moderators will tell me. I wonder how many of your posts were to disparage and not actually contribute in any way.

I haven't received my secret decoder ring about forum rules but to answer the question as I seen appropriate seems hard to disagree with. Why bother asking open ended questions if you already know the answers that must meet a narrow minded subset of answers?
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited February 2008
    reberly wrote: »
    You are right, you don't seem blissful at all. I wish I could give you a big hug. Everyone please send TroyD your heartfelt hugs. Does having 10,191 posts preclude you from taking any kind of criticism from someone with only 65? If my comments were not appropriate for this forum than the moderators will tell me. I wonder how many of your posts were to disparage and not actually contribute in any way.

I haven't received my secret decoder ring about forum rules but to answer the question as I seen appropriate seems hard to disagree with. Why bother asking open ended questions if you already know the answers that must meet a narrow minded subset of answers?

Here's your decoder ring. Enjoy

JT

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2
  • reberly
    edited February 2008
    jtgranby,

Thank you that was very helpful. I can now tailor my comments to be polk audio forum compliant. Its not going to stop me from giving TroyD a big hug though.
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Polk LSi15 , LSiC, LSiFX
    Parasound Halo A52
    Panasonic 42'' Plasma
    Oppo BDP-83
    Sonos
    Panamax 4300
    Audioquest cables
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    Boy, they sure hid those rules pretty well, didn't they?

It wasn't an open ended question. You made a statement based on your political beliefs. I've been around long enough to know that sort of horseshit is generally controversial, by intent. It's a discussion that you can have someplace else.

I also know that if I'm the new person in any sort of social situation, I'm careful how I parse my words until I get a feel for how things are.

No hugs required, I'm sweet enough as it is.

BDT
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    By definition, this whole 6 page thread has some political flavor, but until it gets ugly, it's mostly ignored. No need for a witch hunt or overzealous enforcement, or we'd have nothing here to talk about. I'd say reberly acquitted himself, and showed some poise and wit. Welcome.

22768596.jpg
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • TroyD
    edited February 2008
    Witch hunt? I didn't even make any personal observations......

Eh, eff it. Why even bother having rules. There is a difference in that people that have been around here long enough generally have a feel for what's ok and what's not ok. There is a world of difference between that and a new person coming in and lobbing a hand grenade.

But, f*ck it, what would I know, right?

BDT
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited February 2008
    reberly wrote: »
    Whatever portion of the $600 I end up getting I am sending it all back. I don't want to contribute to George borrowing the money from probably China and then turning around and doing what he wants, which is buying goods most likely made in China. Over time what is the end cost to this money we are borrowing, you probably can't even calculate it because we never will truely pay it back. I would love to give it to charity but that shows that I approve of this cash giveaway and think it will somehow solve our economic mess. I just need to figure out who to send it back to. I dont want to just write "refused" or "return to sender". I want to send to someone that will take notice and hopefully that person might have received 10's of thousands of returned checks also. Any suggestions?

endorse it and send it over this way.........;) my tired dogs need some new homes
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited February 2008
    Whatever portion of the $600 I end up getting I am sending it all back.

Why in the hell would you do that? Between Federal tax, State tax, gasoline tax, property tax, taxes on phone, internet, natural gas, cable, sales tax, cigarrettes, alcohol, earned income on savings accounts, and dozens of other taxes, the government is taking 50% of my hard earned money. Why would they deserve any of that returned?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2008
    Kinda funny, there was an article on just this topic (Sending in extra money to the Government) and in the 5 years the program was setup, the state collected a whopping $19K with the biggest payment from a single person of $250. Seems to me that all those blowhards aren't really willing to put their money where their mouth is, it's all for show...

They think they're paying enough, just everyone else isn't...

I'll look around for the article...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    There is a world of difference between that and a new person coming in and lobbing a hand grenade.

But, f*ck it, what would I know, right?

BDT

After reading another thread and his responses, it appears that you were right. He forgot to pull the pin, can you return to sender?
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Ya know, when I started this thread, basically, I was saying "Oh look. Our ELECTED officials, on BOTH sides of the aisle are really those guys in the 'white van' and we're all Kirsch speaker customers. I don't know.......
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • mrmusicman
    mrmusicman Posts: 303
    edited February 2008
    I'm confused are we getting rebate checks or gift cards?
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891
    JL Audio 300/V2