What are YOU gonna do w/ your $600.00?

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    They should make sure all the illegals get their check too.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 931
    edited January 2008
    Going to buy another vintage pair of Polk Monitors!!!!!
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2008
    Yep this band-aid is going to be short lived. I'd rather see them give a tax break to small businesses and moderately large businesses so they can invest back in their business and have more jobs become availible.

I thought I had heard of an additional package for business of tax breaks on capital investment but can't remember the details. Something to do with accelerated depreciation.

And whether I qualify or not doesn't really mean much to me. This is not additional money, it is more like a prepayment of your 2008 tax refund (just like they did in 2001) so your 2008 refund check will just be $600 less.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited January 2008
    madmax wrote: »
    They should make sure all the illegals get their check too.
    madmax

No, they're already getting enough free money, thank you very much.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/orr

Immigrants.bmp
    Sal Palooza
  • PADZZ
    PADZZ Posts: 83
    edited January 2008
    My wife's sister has 7 freaking kids so they're going to get over $3,000. Pisses me off. Me? I'll be buying something along the lines of this. Probably this exact one.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    PADZZ wrote: »
    My wife's sister has 7 freaking kids so they're going to get over $3,000. Pisses me off. Me? I'll be buying something along the lines of this. Probably this exact one.

HAHA, a couple of my friends are doing the same thing. Make sure you tell everyone that you're spending your rebate check on guns. Classic. :)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    PADZZ wrote: »

Well, if I WERE getting any cash I would get this:

gun-sword_1979_3973217.jpeg

It's getting so we need them here in Miami.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    HAHA, a couple of my friends are doing the same thing. Make sure you tell everyone that you're spending your rebate check on guns. Classic. :)

Oh man, I'd love to send a letter to the Massachusetts senators and representatives thanking them for the rebate so I could buy a new gun. Even though I don't live in Mass anymore.... I'd still like to bother them with it.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    A little bit off subject but the non citizens getting Pell Grants for education! If this is accurate, WTF! My young brother in dental school has his loan going up in the 6 digit figures, as a guaranteed debt!

Back on subject. I was reading through this thread and realized people getting tax breaks in the form of $600. Is this accurate that everyone (citizens )gets it, within the salary range previously mentioned? To elaborate or make more clear, people that did not pay a penny in taxes during the 2007 year, or should I say unemployed, are eligible for this money?
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Toss the plebes a bone. Let them eat cake.

Insulting and disgraceful. I'm buying three barrels of OIL.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    The unemployed already get "tax" money back even when they don't pay taxes. Unemployed gets more deductions from their kids than I would get from my 6 figure salary.

If it helps you at all, I'm not a citizen, and after further review our household will not be getting the $600 unless my wife files separately. :)
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited January 2008
    OCCD satisfying. LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Oh man, I'd love to send a letter to the Massachusetts senators and representatives thanking them for the rebate so I could buy a new gun. Even though I don't live in Mass anymore.... I'd still like to bother them with it.

Now, now....we don't want to upset Kim Jong Kerry & Kim Jong Kennedy, do we?:eek::D
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited January 2008
    I'll gladly forfeit my "rebate" for a job that pays anywhere in the region of $87K/yr.:rolleyes:
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Mine is definately going towards bills, I just saw my [cry]excise tax[/cry] bill again........
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited January 2008
    Kind a like the "buy guns'' idea myself.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited January 2008
    engtaz wrote: »
    OCCD satisfying. LOL

engtaz

Obsessive Compulsive Consumerism Disorder ??
  • brijenjas
    brijenjas Posts: 311
    edited January 2008
    <strike>Are you serious, upgrade my audio equipment, what else?:D</strike>

Overruled by the boss,use it towards a new roof.:(
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2008
    ...In effect they have:

taken our credit cards from us, increased our limits to whatever they want, then charged up our cards $30,200 and now are giving a select group a rebate.
    And it's not even based on whether it's deserved or not.
    I'll be using mine to reduce debt.... Mine.

* I guess our individual share is only $30,200 per person so far. So if you are a family of 4, you owe them $120,000+
    But the fact that our national debt. goes up 1.43BILLION PER DAY, we'll owe more tomorrow. :rolleyes:

The estimated population of the United States is 304,199,473
    so each citizen's share of this debt is $30,243.18.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
    $1.43 billion per day since September 29, 2006!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Huh?:rolleyes:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2008
    One word. Big-f**king-screen-tv!!!

(that is if the wife will let me use her half)

:D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    What really kills me about this whole "rebate" nonsense is, how LITTLE our leaders on BOTH sides of the aisle simply DON'T understand our economy.
    NOT stating that I know the intricacies of economics. But it's frustrating when our elected officials shrug their shoulders and say "Well, if we give them something back, maybe we hold onto our jobs for another couple of years?"
    I'm more concerned with me keeping MY JOB, then them keeping theirs!!!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    What really gets me is that people who work harder are penalized and don't get anything when people who don't even pay taxes will get their little windfall. I worked my butt off last year. In Nov and Dec I had 4 days off...total combined. So yes, I made about 90K last year but not just because I sat at a desk for 40 hours a week.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    hmmm.. I wonder if the person from Louisiana that is suing the govt for 1 quadtrillion dollars or some hellacious amount getting the refund?
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2008
    Pay bills.

I know, how exciting. boring.gif
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    After four pages of reading I noticed that no-one has posted how to let the Feds know who we are so that we could get the moola.

Does anyone know if there is some form to fill out or what is required to get this "rebate?"
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2008
    You don't have to do anything to get the money, they will just send it to you.

This is more true for some people than others.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    Well, if this is for the 08 tax year, I should be eligible. But if they're using the 06 or 07 tax year to determine if you're eligible, I may have to wait till next year to receive it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited January 2008
    What really gets me is that people who work harder are penalized and don't get anything when people who don't even pay taxes will get their little windfall. I worked my butt off last year. In Nov and Dec I had 4 days off...total combined. So yes, I made about 90K last year but not just because I sat at a desk for 40 hours a week.

Income has "NOTHING" to do with how HARD someone works.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2008
    ND13 wrote: »
    Income has "NOTHING" to do with how HARD someone works.

You're right. Pay scales/jobs in this country are made just willy nilly. Its only pure chance that doctors make more than janitors. :rolleyes: