edited February 2007
    We all live and learn.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • pblanc
    pblanc Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    What? No details on the hot sex??
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    pblanc wrote:
    What? No details on the hot sex??

How shall I describe it... it was...

Steamy?
    Smoking?
    Boiling?
    Scorching?
    Blistering?
    Baking?
    Roasting?
    Sweltering?
    Searing?

Ummm... Hot?

Anything else? :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Anything else? :D
    As with many threads on Club Polk - this thread is worthless without pics... :D:D

Michael

(well someone had to say it...) :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    This holiday is so BLOWN outa proportion, yes romantic is nice but your treating her in your way she told you to plan it, if she wanted something alil more romantic maybe SHE should help plan it, One guys version of romantic is different from anothers . when she comes home from work ( do these thing before she comes home so its waiting on her to walk in , go get you a couple candles and then 2 dozen roses tear the petals off and make a pathway from the door to the bath, make sure you dont run the water too soon so its still warm, and sprinkle the water with more rose petals. have the candles burning around the tub, a bottle of wine perhaps and the fire roaring in the living room, maybe some sort of fancy munchy orderves type stuff. The house must be nice and neat before this though and the kids are no where to be found.

and then I think you know what to do from there make sure she gets hers before you and your golden again! This is sure fire stuff wouldnt everyone else agree ?
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • pblanc
    edited February 2007
    That's a good point. I always have felt that Valentine's Day is a Catch 22 devised to trap men. If you don't do anything, you screwed up. If you do something, you didn't do it right, or well enough. And who the hell is this Valentine dude anyway
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2007
    Do like my wife and I did, ignore the holiday all together.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Ron-P wrote:
    Do like my wife and I did, ignore the holiday all together.

heh, same thing at our house......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2007
    cfrizz wrote:
    I agree Joe, you are also a very lucky man to have such a loving, understanding wife who appreciates music & can enjoy your hobby with you and you let her enjoy it with you!

I am also sorry that some disrespectful idiots were ignorant enough to ridicule you for not being ashamed to admit that he adores & loves his wife. I hope you told them where to go! They will never have or find what you have got, and there is no one to blame except themselves!

There is one thing I wanted to add to all this . . .my wife and I have never, ever, not even in an extremely angry moment EVER call each other a name or cussed at each other or anything of that kind. We have had our fights and door slamming but never any low blows or things of that nature and believe me we are both hot blooded Italians with a lot of passion!!!. . . I love her too much to even think of calling her anything but my love.

My ex-wife and I and one relationship I had before my present wife was just the opposite. . . fights were dog eat dog. This is how I know that a much higher power brought Phyllisann and I together. I think keeping in mind that I love her more than myself and more than anything in the world keeps that low blow type of fighting out of mix no matter how heated it can get.

And let's get something straight friends, I am not in any, way , shape, or form P-whipped. :p
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    There is one thing I wanted to add to all this . . .my wife and I have never, ever, not even in an extremely angry moment EVER call each other a name or cussed at each other or anything of that kind. We have had our fights and door slamming but never any low blows or things of that nature and believe me we are both hot blooded Italians with a lot of passion!!!. . . I love her too much to even think of calling her anything but my love.

My ex-wife and I and one relationship I had before my present wife was just the opposite. . . fights were dog eat dog. This is how I know that a much higher power brought Phyllisann and I together. I think keeping in mind that I love her more than myself and more than anything in the world keeps that low blow type of fighting out of mix no matter how heated it can get.

And let's get something straight friends, I am not in any, way , shape, or form P-whipped. :p

**** Whipped... ;):D:p
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    **** Whipped... ;):D:p

I'm rubber and you're glue what bounces off me sticks to you.:p :D
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    No dude, I salute you for the outstanding relationship you have. I wish I could say they same, but even though we fight at times, our love is growing deeper every day... I hope ;)

Anyways, can't talk straight.. too many bud lights tonight.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    No dude, I salute you for the outstanding relationship you have. I wish I could say they same, but even though we fight at times, our love is growing deeper every day... I hope ;)

Anyways, can't talk straight.. too many bud lights tonight.

I'm telling you man it is all her. . . cause I'm an a=hole too!!!:eek:
  • pblanc
    edited February 2007
    I think this thread should be continued through Feb 14, 2008. That way everyone can plan next years big event and have another postmortem.

By the way, didn't somebody arrange a very nice massacre on Valentine's Day some time back?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Google St. Valentines Day Massacre & find out!:p ;):D

Be sure to let us know what you find out!:D
    pblanc wrote:
    I think this thread should be continued through Feb 14, 2008. That way everyone can plan next years big event and have another postmortem.

By the way, didn't somebody arrange a very nice massacre on Valentine's Day some time back?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2007
    Dup Post
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • POLKOHOLIC
    POLKOHOLIC Posts: 407
    edited February 2007
    you don't take your woman out to a steak house for valentines day. i don't care who you are or what your girl likes.

a nice posh restaurant is good. one that has the waiters and waitresses dressed in nothing but black and white and there is no lighting other than candles. a nice expensive bottle of wine is always a plus. oh and yea by posh restaurant i mean some place where you won't get a table without reservations.

so in short: yes you are an **** :p

oh and I'm a guy.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    Romance should happen all the time in little things.

YES. good call.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited February 2007
    It hardly matters whether any of us think you are or you aren't ...

The only way to change the perception of the one that counts is by changing your actions and/or the expectation ...

It sounds like some of both is needed ...

From my perspective the only less interesting day to go to any given restaurant than Valentine's Days is Mother's Day ... Fortunately my wife has the same opinion ...
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    POLKOHOLIC wrote:
    you don't take your woman out to a steak house for valentines day. i don't care who you are or what your girl likes.

a nice posh restaurant is good. one that has the waiters and waitresses dressed in nothing but black and white and there is no lighting other than candles. a nice expensive bottle of wine is always a plus. oh and yea by posh restaurant i mean some place where you won't get a table without reservations.

so in short: yes you are an **** :p

oh and I'm a guy.

Actually buddy, she liked the food. So stick that in your ear ;)

It was the lack of effort she didn't like.

Anyways, this is a dead thread. Let's leave it that way!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805