Am I an A@@hole?

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Knightly...Your asking a bunch of guys to figure out why you are percieved to be an a$$hole by a woman???????

No offence, but I dont think you are going to get a good answer here budd. Read cosmo.

P.S. We are all a$$holes in a woman's eyes sometime. Sometimes for absolutly no reason.

There are women on this forum too... at least two. It's more of a venting place buddy, but whatever. :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Ya ya, Doc, so I guess I should crawl back to her on my knee's and apologize for not planning something more romantic while giving her rose pedals and chocolates eh? Oh boy. Where does it put me if I just plain don't care right now?

Bad boy category? Plain stupid? asshat? whatever.

I just need a nap I think. I'm tired of this nonsense. Time for an SVS!
    good deal. forget being worked up over it. don't neglect her too much, but don't let it eat you alive. you tried, and failed...but tried. she should recognize that and be happy and make you some pie.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    maybe you should have donned your old officer uniform and role played awhile. perhaps you could have executed some 'police brutality', if you will. maybe she misses her man in a uniform.

I like your train of thought. Keep 'em coming!!!

I've been dreaming about getting on KCMO here in town, but I know the wife would never allow it again. But the question is, do I really care?! :D Of course... never mind. Silly me.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    So you guys don't mess this up next year, here's some suggestions:

1. Women love surprises
    2. Make reservations at a VERY NICE hotel (No, Super 8 doesn't qualify)
    3. Plan the eveneing out, Dinner, Theater (NOT a movie)
    4. Get back to the room and have some things "set-up" (Use your imagination, I'm not being payed for this)
    5. Take her horseback riding or some-such
    6. Get her a mothers ring, any woman with children loves mothers rings/or necklaces
    7. If you buy her a piece of jewelry, it should have some signifigance; present it to her in a unique way (ie, hide it, put it on her pillow, etc)
    8. Maybe take her to the place you first met, smooched, proposed, whatever
    9. With most women, it's not the cost, it's the effort

Stay tuned for Stevie's Christmas ideas, coming in October....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Keep 'em coming!!!
    no truer words could be spoken. anyway, i've got a heap of advice to give you, but will refrain as too many polkers here would object to that advice. but do trust, it works. remember, reverse psychology can be your friend.:D

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Ya ya, Doc, so I guess I should crawl back to her on my knee's and apologize for not planning something more romantic while giving her rose pedals and chocolates eh? Oh boy. Where does it put me if I just plain don't care right now?

Bad boy category? Plain stupid? asshat? whatever.

hey, hey don't get short with me mister, I'm just trying to keep a brotha in the "big" bed, that's all...ROTFLMAO!!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    BTW: My wife says that your an A$$hole for starting the thread and not for the evenings plans.... FWIW
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    BTW: My wife says that your an A$$hole for starting the thread and not for the evenings plans.... FWIW
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you for the next few weeks.

It sounds to me like she's the one who is over reacting. Maybe she's right and it was a lame night, I don't know, but even if that's the case she's not handling it properly.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:

Hire a (my) barbershop quartet to sing them some love songs on V-day -- all the women we sang to yesterday were absolutely overwhelmed and commented what a romantic gift it was.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2007
    petrym wrote:
    Hire a (my) barbershop quartet to sing them some love songs on V-day -- all the women we sang to yesterday were absolutely overwhelmed and commented what a romantic gift it was.

Ed Zachry---see I bet your up to your chin in sex/food from your wife. Listen to this guy, he knows what he's doing.

Afterall men, isn't that what it's really all about? (sex/food)
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    petrym wrote:
    cliche, but obviously tested and true.

but my vote is for dressing up in the 'ole uniform and sing to her yourself some "i want your sex" by george michael whilst dancing all sexy-like.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:

1. Women love surprises
    3. Plan the evening out, Dinner, Theater (NOT a movie)
    4. Get back to the room and have some things "set-up" (Use your imagination, I'm not being payed for this)
    6. Get her a mothers ring, any woman with children loves mothers rings/or necklaces
    7. If you buy her a piece of jewelry, it should have some significance; present it to her in a unique way (ie, hide it, put it on her pillow, etc)

PROBLEMS:
    1. Wife would suspect I was cheating on her.
    2. Wife would call bank account find the charge and consult her "friends" on what to do next.
    3. She would think I was trying to keep her distracted. Why am I being nice.
    4. Is this the same F**&% hotel I am sleeping with the ****!
    5. I would be a pervert and watching other girls A$$
    6 Finding receipt for jewelry...see #2 response.
    7. Wife rolls over and finds jewelry under pillow, kicks my **** and moves out!
    8. I pick the wrong place and she thinks I am thinking about another woman!

FACE IT WE WILL NEVER WIN. It is up to them. Enjoy them when you can and look at the BABE THREAD when you can't!

Steve
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:

1. Women love surprises
    3. Plan the eveneing out, Dinner, Theater (NOT a movie)
    7. If you buy her a piece of jewelry, it should have some signifigance; present it to her in a unique way (ie, hide it, put it on her pillow, etc)
    9. With most women, it's not the cost, it's the effort

First off, we had promised to not spend money on gifts this time around. I spent way too much on her over Xmas for jewelry and we just decided not to do that this time around. I tried the whole hotel room and "set-up" the first year of marriage as a surprise, and she literally turned up her nose at the whole affair, because I forgot to bring her toothbrush and pillow. I had flowers, gifts, candles, her favorite love songs burned onto a CD playing, and a $400 dollar room. It was the worst night of our marriage. And that's saying something :(

I had wanted to do the hotel thing again this year, but with us not spending money, it kinda took it outta the picture.

But you are right. I probably could have tried horseback riding in 3 degree weather ;) Good call. Ha ha.

Anyways, I should probably take her out shopping tonight. Blah. She wants a new dinning room table, so if all else fails, spend money right? :D

Thanks for the tips. At least I'm young, and we have many many years ahead to enjoy together... HA HA HA HA.. eh, excuse me.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote:
    PROBLEMS:
    2. Wife would call bank account find the charge and consult her "friends" on what to do next.

FACE IT WE WILL NEVER WIN. It is up to them. Enjoy them when you can and look at the BABE THREAD when you can't!

Steve

steve vs steve. i'm on steve's side!

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Valentines Day is an overblown CROCK! If after 30+ years together my wife and I don't have a clue that "I want you to be my valentine " or "A special day to say I love you" is nothing but marketing driven BS then we probably have greater issues...

I guess neither my wife and I are romantic people as such. My wife and I get each other a card and spend time together (went and ate dinner at the country club last night - burgers and fries). We don't need a SPECIAL day to prove the depth of our affection and committment.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote:
    PROBLEMS:

Steve

Sounds like you got a real healthy relationship there Steve..... holy crap buddy. Trust issues much?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    First off, we had promised to not spend money on...

LOL!!!!!!! My young, naive brotha. I could write a book on this fragment of a sentence alone....:D

FWIW, my wife and I didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    dude, it's perfection and success she's after. she neglects the thought behind it. maybe you're not good enough for her. no offense to you. but it would seem possibly no one is. i'm sure she's sweet, but holy moly, man!

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Sounds like you got a real healthy relationship there Steve..... holy crap buddy. Trust issues much?

Just kiddin bro.... I was have fun with Steve. :).
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    LOL!!!!!!! My young, naive brotha. I could write a book on this fragment of a sentence alone....:D

Ya ya ya, rub it in. I am beginning to see that I should have dropped some coin anyways. I took it at face value when they said, NO GIFTS!

I'll buy a copy of that book... when's the release date?
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited February 2007
    Just an opinion - but there are more issues here than just a valentines day dinner. I have no doubt you are both pissed at this point, but you really need to figure out what the root cause of this is.

It all comes down to this:
    Women marry men expecting that they will change. Men marry women expecting that they never will. Both end up dissapointed.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    There are women on this forum too... at least two. It's more of a venting place buddy, but whatever. :D

One time in the past 2 weeks just isn't cutting it for a guy ya know?! ;)

I know and feel yah.. I'm just picking at you.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Monday is President's Day. Make it up to her then!
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited February 2007
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited February 2007
    I voted no.

My wife and I said no gifts.
    I got her flowers and a card. Both last minuite and she knew it.
    She had to wait for me to sign the card before we could exchange.
    I let the kids sign the flower card so they wern't from me.

Basically I let her know that I am a last minuite guy and if she says no presents I believe her.

Yours just expected that with three weeks you could come up with something big but, if the Hotel failed before because of a toothbrush (they do provide pillows) then she is a hard one to please.

Next time she wants you to supprise her take her to a hotel where another girl is waiting for the both of you. That will suprise her.

(of course I kid)
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    I find the idea of mandating to your spouse that you be surprised with something ironic. Doesn't that defeat the surpise?

Women want you to give them what they want, but if they have to tell you what they want, it doesn't satisfy their needs. :p
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited February 2007
    Perfect Example Of How Dumb We Men Are. Three weeks ago she was already thinking how "she" needed a romantic night, she did not want to tell you "how" to be romantic, she just wanted it to happen and love you for it.

Problem, you missed all the signals.

You took her to eat and then home, BFD in her mind.

And the bomb went off.

How do I know, experience.

How did you NOT KNOW she needed a romantic night "her version of romantic", you did not, you are an A$$HOLE. :)

Happens to me everytime, I miss the signals

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Nightly,

Blue Man Group tickets are on sale now.

Also, New Theatre Restaurant is a winner, I've been a season ticket holder for a few years now.
    http://www.newtheatre.com/bO/bo.html
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    ninerbj wrote:

Damn! :eek:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • larryb52
    larryb52 Posts: 38
    edited February 2007
    sometimes no matter what you do you lose, my wife may get uptight about my spending on audio gear & music in general but I didn't buy her a card just took her to dinner & she was quite content...if you want to get out of the dog house buy roses, expensive but will make her day...