Am I an A@@hole?

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Ok. Three weeks ago, the wife tells me she wants me to plan this entire valentines day out for a romantic evening. I told her I wanted to plan it out together. She continued to nag off and on about how she wanted me to do everything, and I continually told her I thought that V-day was best for both of us to do something. So anyways, I had planned on taking her Ice-skating after dinner, because she really likes that, but it was so freaking cold, I just couldn't. So I scratched that part of my plan... Anyways, she said she would take care of the morning on V-Day (I was off work) and I would take care of the evening.

So she made me stay in bed while she cooked me some waffles and eggs, and I ate them in bed. I enjoyed it, but that was it. So I got my wife a boutique of flowers, two cards, and a big heart of chocolate... and then took her out to Hereford House for a big juicy steak without the kids for dinner... I didn't make reservations, so we had to wait an hour. No biggie I thought. We laughed and talked while we waited and seemed to have a good time.

Totally rockin' steaks! BTW... But that's off topic ;)

On the way back home, I was told I was an **** for not having anything more romantic planned, and than when we started fighting because she wanted me to plan out a totally romantic evening, and I hadn't. I told her that I had planned on taking her ice skating, but the single digit weather made it too cold. (I'm hypersensitive to the cold, after having caught Hypothermia twice in my younger days) I asked what she wanted to do, and was told that it was too late for anything. I was told I ruined her entire day, and after a few choice words, we haven't spoken since.

Oh boy. What a great V-day huh?

Am I an ****? She demanded that I be romantic, and when it didn't go according to her "Idea's" of romantic, she threw this huge fit. At least that's how I see it.

Comments Please... Don't hold back now.
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    There is nowhere to go but "down" on V(d)-Day.... I really think they fully expect a blimp made of roses to crash from the sky and explode into a million rainbows made of chocolate all of which sing silly French songs proclaiming her to be the most glorious of God's creations.

Anything less than that is a disaster of epic proportions...

I advise we all go into hiding next Valentine's Day and come out when we see our shadows...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited February 2007
    This same thing happened to my friend. It was to be a surprise to her. He took the day off of work and cleaned the whole house and made dinner had flowers and all. That was not enough! It's difficult, men and women communicate sooo differently. So GOOD LUCK figuring them out. I just don't know what to say.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Ok. Three weeks ago, the wife tells me she wants me to plan this entire valentines day out for a romantic evening.

You were doomed three weeks ago. I'm thankful my wife isn't like this. Hope you can get out of the doghouse. :o
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    Wow. Just... wow.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ern Dog
    Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
    edited February 2007
    There is always 2 sides to every story, so just hearing your side I'd say that if there was something she really wanted to do to make the evening more special then she should have asked to do it. It isn't realistic that you are aware of what "her" ideas of romantic is.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2007
    My wife was trapped 280 miles away and hates Valentines day so I was relatively safe. Taking her to a "wine and chocolate pairing class" tomorrow at the Hershey Hotel as a "just in case I want to have sex in the next three months" activity. http://www.hersheypa.com/events/chocolate_covered_february/details.php?p=coe&EVENTID=4856

Oh, and I always thought you were an A-hole... ;) (I kid, I kid...)

She should have been looking more at the effort (You had some gifts and arranged a babysitter for a night alone, that ought to be good enough) and limitations (Damn cold) Any indoor ice rinks? Rollerskating?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2007
    I say no, your not a jerk. I really don't think I have a clue as to what romantic is though.

Mmmmm... Hereford House. Not the best steak I've had but close, real close.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2007
    Just bite it; women are......women ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2007
    I voted 'yes'. but just for **** and giggles. women are a strange creatures. just got her a gift basket and some ballons and took 'em to her work. later on i served her up with some sex and all was well. trust me.

...oh, and i bbq'ed us up some steaks as well. no restaurant can match my meat. she loves my meat.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    Was the steak for you or her??,,,,LOL...:p

Sound like she like ice-skating and you like steaks,,,,I wonder who won...:p

Just pick'in
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    You were doomed three weeks ago. I'm thankful my wife isn't like this. Hope you can get out of the doghouse. :o

That's exactly how I felt too... which I made very clear that I wanted to plan things out together... but no. That wasn't romantic enough. Feels like you can never win sometimes.

jdhdiggs wrote:
    She should have been looking more at the effort (You had some gifts and arranged a babysitter for a night alone, that ought to be good enough) and limitations (Damn cold) Any indoor ice rinks? Rollerskating?

I asked her if she wanted to rollerskate as well.. but just got laughed at.

Then she brought up the whole, you were so romantic when we were dating, and now look at you fight. Kills me. My come back? You actually respected me when were dating... now look at you? Not the best thing to say to get sex, I know, but honestly, I could care less. What goes around, comes around, to quote good ole' Justin Timberlake. :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    ... tomorrow at the Hershey Hotel...

If that's a euphemism, it's the best one I've ever read.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    jakelm wrote:
    Was the steak for you or her??,,,,LOL...:p

Sound like she like ice-skating and you like steaks,,,,I wonder who won...:p

Just pick'in

Ha. Actually, she always begs for steak, so that's why I took her to a steak house. I thought she would enjoy it. She had really wanted to go to J Alexander's, but they weren't taking reservations (See, I called around!!!) and had almost a 3hr wait time.

Life sucks at times...
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Then she brought up the whole, you were so romantic when we were dating, and now look at you fight. Kills me. My come back? You actually respected me when were dating... now look at you? Not the best thing to say to get sex, I know, but honestly, I could care less. What goes around, comes around, to quote good ole' Justin Timberlake. :D

Yeah, I got that one... Great response. Another fun one (until you get slapped) was the:

"Sure I was romantic because I still thought I had a shot at having sex"
    "Sure I was romantic because I still thought you were hot"
    "Sure I was romantic because I didn't know any better"

etc.. :D
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    If that's a euphemism, it's the best one I've ever read.

Hehe, nope, never thought of it that way you dirty ****! :eek:
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    nightly, you need to forget romance and start becoming a 'bad boy'. women love the hell outta it, though they claim not to!;)

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited February 2007
    You could have been a hero if you had come home after dinner and put the kids to bed, cracked open a couple bottles of wine and drank them while watching some nasty **** movie. Maybe you could try that tonight to make up. That is all a woman really wants.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    nightly, you need to forget romance and start becoming a 'bad boy'. women love the hell outta it, though they claim not to!;)

Bad boy eh? I already am! It doesn't work.

Nothing works with her, unless you sit on the couch for hours talking sweet nothings in her ear and then read her a book about more sweet nothings for another hour, then go down and please her until she passes out...
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    You could have been a hero if you had come home after dinner and put the kids to bed, cracked open a couple bottles of wine and drank them while watching some nasty **** movie. Maybe you could try that tonight to make up. That is all a woman really wants.

Ya, you and I both wish. She won't touch anything **** wise. It would be fun though..

Common, she likes to ice-skate and read books. ;) just kidding, that sounds harsh. She's very umm.. sweet. And has 36DD's... :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• jdhdiggs
    edited February 2007
    Tmi.....
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Bad boy eh? I already am! It doesn't work.

Nothing works with her, unless you sit on the couch for hours talking sweet nothings in her ear and then read her a book about more sweet nothings for another hour, then go down and please her until she passes out...
    sounds like you've got quite the task in store for yourself for life with this one. hopefully she eases up a bit.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    "can't turn a ho into a housewife", but surely there MUST be a way to turn a housewife into a ho?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    BIZILL wrote:
    "can't turn a ho into a housewife", but surely there MUST be a way to turn a housewife into a ho?

When you find out how, please let me know. I'll pay you big bucks... or bribe you with speakers or something.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    instead of reading sweet nothings to her, will she allow you to read to her a steamy romance novel?

or better yet...have you two sat down and discussed your differences? perhaps ways to overcome them?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2007
    I think she's being kind of an 4s$h013 here herself. I'm thinking she feels that she did a lot of work in the morning - at home. It looks like she was expecting you to expend the same amount of energy - at home - with all the effort and imagination coming from you instead of coming from someone else, in this case, a restaurant.

It's not the gift that counts, it's the thought behind the gift that counts.

Now, tell her to get her beeotch ****$ in the kitchen and make you a pie. ;)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    Sheesh, do I have to say it out loud---YES, you're a jerk. You know why? Because your wife said so...

LOL!!

Man I'm glad my wife is low maintenance...

Seriously though, a trip to the Steakhouse is not romantic to a chick. [Doctor Phil] What she wanted you to do is something unique, out of the ordinary, original. Didn't have to be expensive---just thoughtful.[/Doctor Phil]

Cathy, Darla...I nailed it, right?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    petrym wrote:
    Now, tell her to get her beeotch ****$ in the kitchen and make you a pie. ;)
    and give you some pie, just like on american pie.;)

what did you do last year? same doghouse effect?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2007
    Knightly...Your asking a bunch of guys to figure out why you are percieved to be an a$$hole by a woman???????

No offence, but I dont think you are going to get a good answer here budd. Read cosmo.

P.S. We are all a$$holes in a woman's eyes sometime. Sometimes for absolutly no reason.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • MrNightly
    edited February 2007
    steveinaz wrote:
    Sheesh, do I have to say it out loud---YES, you're a jerk. You know why? Because your wife said so...

LOL!!

Man I'm glad my wife is low maintenance...

Seriously though, a trip to the Steakhouse is not romantic to a chick. [Doctor Phil] What she wanted you to do is something unique, out of the ordinary, original. Didn't have to be expensive---just thoughtful.[/Doctor Phil]

Cathy, Darla...I nailed it, right?

Ya ya, Doc, so I guess I should crawl back to her on my knee's and apologize for not planning something more romantic while giving her rose pedals and chocolates eh? Oh boy. Where does it put me if I just plain don't care right now?

Bad boy category? Plain stupid? asshat? whatever.

I just need a nap I think. I'm tired of this nonsense. Time for an SVS!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• BIZILL
    edited February 2007
    maybe you should have donned your old officer uniform and role played awhile. perhaps you could have executed some 'police brutality', if you will. maybe she misses her man in a uniform.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: