edited October 2007
    That is a sweet lookin setup indeed.:)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Nice George but there is something missing . . . .

. . . how come Janice isn't dancing in between those bad boys?;)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2007
    It's time to get rid of those SDA's.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Enjoy my speakers!!

Damn, I miss those.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Looking good George. It was nice meeting you and your wife. Enjoy.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    Carl,, the piece that you are refering to is an SAS 11A pre(tubed),,it has L&R volume controls,I have it on audition, it's a very neutral piece,but the sound is almost "velvety",very well built,,it's smooth and mates well with the odyssey/carver gear. It's a hardcore piece(no remote),,tomorrow it ships out to the next reviewer,but I think that I might buy one in the near future.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    Cool George, glad you are digging them......too bad for old Troy, but he is Big Dumb Troy...........hehehehehe, at least TLW is still holding the rest of his gear for now......

George I would hang onto the 1C's, well, actually, I sold my 1C's when Troy sold me the Amazings......so there you go. I just need the comfort of an SDA somewhere in the house. Now I am not to sure about the TV being between the Amazings, you are supposed to be getting some in-walls for the TV rig??? Enjoy.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    George I would hang onto the 1C's, well, actually, I sold my 1C's when Troy sold me the Amazings......so there you go.

I agree. The IC is one of those speakers that it seems like people always regret selling once they are gone.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited October 2007
    Does Polkfest 07 have a web site, of pics of the event, setup and running?

Maybe I missed it,
    engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • george daniel
    edited October 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Does Polkfest 07 have a web site, of pics of the event, setup and running?

Maybe I missed it,
    engtaz

I believe that it's in the systems showcase
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    you would believe correctly, i believe, ........

lots of pics in the showcase

RT1
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited October 2007
    I had the pleasure of sharing my bed with a princess... or is she a fairy...!!!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    All the Polkfest's are in the showcase, you just need to look for them.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    I was just looking through GA Polkfest pictures again in the showcase and it brought a smile to my face. I really enjoyed being around you guys! I think I need another fix.
  • Fireman32
    edited December 2007
    im with you on that Joe.
  • george daniel
    edited December 2007
    just take me back to the woodshed :)
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited December 2007
    Ya' know.......I have talked about a location I]with a few of you who attended this year's PF[/I that I know about in the NC mountains right near the Tenn. border that could hold one HELL of a Polkfest. They are log cabins with excellent views, plenty of privacy, plenty of room and the accommodations are outstanding. 10 people...cool. 100 people...cool. The amount of people really doesn't matter as there are many cabins to choose from. The specific one's I am referring to are all within a football field of each other, so drinking and driving will not be an issue, nor will disturbing the peace....already put to the test three times already. :D

Hot tubs, pool tables, grills, excellent electricity, internet, satellite, Corian countertops, professionally designed interiors and exteriors....blah, blah, blah.

I wouldn't mind helping to organize a PF at this location at pretty much anytime, any year. If there is enough interest, we can make it happen. You guys and gals are the boss though, so you all will have to let me know. 1 day, 2 days, 5 days, whatever. I know the owner and half the staff pretty well now, so organizing will be a breeze. No, it's not $300 a night either. The last event held there was I believe $54 a night avg. per person, and we were able to have seven complete stereo rigs setup. You won't find any hotel anywhere this nice at these kinds of prices. Trust me when I say these are nice cabins. ;)

In the meantime, in March we are having the mini-PF down at (lightman)Russ' as well. You guys from the Jersey area still pondering the idea?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    I am and I believe Sal is too. Not sure about the other guys.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    I am also interested, just I know PF08 has been called for and looking forward to that. So are we talking more then the "Main Event" per year or PF09?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• treitz3
    edited December 2007
    'sup to all of you.

Good deal Joe! Looking forward to it. :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2007
    Ya' know.......I have talked about a location [with a few of you who attended this year's PF] that I know about in the NC mountains right near the Tenn. border that could hold one HELL of a Polkfest

Where is this place in western NC? I have traveled all over western NC. Maggie Valley is a great place and if you have kids Ghost Town in the Sky is open again.My kids love to vacation there. I can live without Gatlinburg TN.:D
    I would be up for an 11 hr road trip.

Jim
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Off the top of my head, it's located within 4 miles of the Nantahala river and HWY 74. 7 miles from the Tenn. border. I'll post some more information later.....
  • Fireman32
    edited December 2007
    I remember that conversation and think it would be a good time. Even if we do a mini fest.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited December 2007
    I'm always in the running for a NJ area meet :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    gee whiz, rt1's pf just ended and you're jonesing for another one already???
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Yeah it's a sad case! Plus things have been pretty effed on this board lately and I need to see and touch good Polkies again. Touching of course in a manly way!:D I can't wait to touch you Vic.:D:D:D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    Sorry I rethought that thought.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    ...and there was that one guy who started with me and i put him a sleeper hold and left him asleep on the couch in the wood shed,...

... :eek: ...
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    I can't wait to touch you Vic.:D:D:D
    Your a funny guy Joe ("funny ha ha not funny ****" - Slingblade) :p:D
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Ooooooooo Sal you told me that it only cost you $49 a night, tsk, tsk.