Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Options

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Well, if your reading this you missed a hell of day, lots of tales, including one involving the Easy Button.....but no time now to tell.

It has been a great day and the party is still going on.......

Mark Susskind Rocks and Al Ballard can still hold his own with anyone, but you'all missed Monica who can put them both to shame......

More tunes and times are on the way.....

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Polkfest rocks!!!

F1

Man you better be getting some sleep, see you at 4am for EGGS. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• reeltrouble1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Sid here --

Been a blast so far...

What a wild beginning though ;)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    Options
    have fun peeps! with you in spirit !!!!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Hey,

Someone there grab Steve, Polk65, and chuck him on the shoulder and tell him thanks from me. What a guy.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Sounds like rockin' soire!! Fate and timing have bit me on the **** again. As my son was stealing second base at his game last night, the catcher threw the ball high to second base. Second baseman jumps up to catch, son slides into second. baseman comes down.............. directly on his ankle!!... SNAP!!!! My son actually got up and called "time" to dust himself off and then he realised something was amiss! Spent most of the night in The ER. He's got this "cool" new cast to show his friends and crutches to whack his brother with. All in all, Doc says he'll be fine in a few weeks, strong kid and still growing. He's more bent out of shape about not being able to finish the season. Coach says he can still come to the rest of the games to lend a hand.
    I was looking forward to meeting a lot y'all, feeding my face and audio addictions, but again, Fate has left fang marks on my butt-cheeks!
    Keep on Polkin' in GA and post lots of pics!
    Big Russ and Little Russ are going to fire up the reel to reel and play some old Black Sabbath this morning. Tip O' the hat to you all.
    Lightman Russ.

PS, HearingIMpaired Joe PM or call about the DBX, still like to have it, dig it?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    checking in. Yesterday was a rockin day. Good food, good people and good tunes. For those that are not here you are missing out on one good time. Ted and his wife are great hosts and have a awsome home. Russ sorry to hear about your son. Just had a great breakfast and im going to listen to some tunes.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Please send leftover food to:

Nevermind. :( Wanna be there, school first, play second.

Next year.
  • danger boy
    edited October 2007
    Options
    so who has a hangover today @ PF07 ? :p;)
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I wish that i could have made it down to Big Daddys House but unfortunatly it was not in the cards. y'all have a great time! thanks....WCW III
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Options
    The drinking better be in FULL EFFECT right now.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Wishing we were there....;)
  • lightman1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Little Russ says "Hi" to y'all. We played around all day with the 10A's, the moni 5's. Showed him how to re-ring a Bose 901 (Not a word! .... from any of you!!!). They're in the garage to save floorspace! No Flaming, please!
    Hope y'all are having a great time, and there is always the next time.
    Joe, I want pics of every one with their ear next to a driver when they are at least two sheets to wind trying to hear a 100hz difference in voice coils.
    Good night to you all,
    Lightman Russ and Light man Jr.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Options
    By re-ring I hope you mean take a razor knife and cut the cone right out....
  • lightman1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    By re-ring I hope you mean take a razor knife and cut the cone right out....

:D:D:D There again BL, They were relegated to the garage:rolleyes: You don't think I would show him how to re-ring the good stuff on the first try? !!!
    :p:D
    Cut me some slack!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Guys --

I doubt they will all be posted ---

But, we have ROUGHLY, 5-600 photos and multiple videos.

;)

Been a blast so far, great food, great people, after we got rid of all the 1st day blues, we have been sailing ever since.

Jolidia kicked a Rega! Whole nine yards -

Gotta say, the inwall HT is stellar, very thunderous. Those inwall subs are the real deal.

My two favorite speakers have been the Amazings and the Taylos --- by far...

The SDA 1c's are a close third....

More to come -

- Sid
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I cut out a little early tonight....I just got back to the motel and it is ONLY 1:30. I did bring a couple of beers back for a nightcap... I need to watch all of the highlights of the Vols win over the Bulldogs on ESPN...it's good to be a Vol in GA when your team just got through kicking their ****!

What a great time. I've said it several times and I will say it again...shame on anyone who didn't attend who COULD have. Money shouldn't be an issue. I've spent 3 nights, (came early) drove 500 miles one way and my tab will be less than $200 for motel and gas. I actually spent money on a couple of rounds of golf and a nice seafood lunch...but they were extras. There was enough food, drinks, alcohol to feed 50 people for 2 days. If you couldn't have afforded a room, Motel la Reeltrouble1 had accomodations priced right...FREE!

The list of gear was awesome. Manley, Musical Fidelity, Dodd, Rega, SACD Mods, NAD, Carver, Taylo etc...etc... Polk was obviously well represented as always.

Ted's new HT with all Polk inwalls was absoulutely awesome. I spent more time in there than any other room. We watched "War of the Worlds" and if you are familiar with that DVD, the bass in a HT rig better be up to the task. Ted's WAS! He may need to check his foundation for cracks tomorrow. "Star Wars..The Return of the Sith", "The Lord of the Rings..Fellowship of the Rings" and several concert DVDs weren't too shabby either. It is a HT worthy of serious accolades

Ted's wife and two sons pitched in as perfect hosts and the representatives from Polk were the icing on the cake. Much alcohol was consumed but there is lots left over. (I did my best ;) )

Great hosts, great food and drink, great tunes and most of all great FRIENDS. See ya next year!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Some teasers ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Badass.

About this time, I expect that someone is laid out on the kitchen table and F1 is standing over them with an exacto knife preparing to do an emergency liver transplant. Ted should be holding the IV bag full of Beam. THAT person has 30 mins after Jesse sews him up to suck it up, take a leak and do another shot.

THAT is how we roll at PF.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. Sorry I missed it. I look forward to reading all the stories and seeing the pictures when I get back.

Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • danger boy
    edited October 2007
    Options
    very cool Shack daddy.. that's what makes PolkFest's so much fun. I hope that everyone gets to experience one some time in their lifetime. really, nothing better than hanging out with friends.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Just got home from what was a great weekend at Ted's casa. After we got everything fixed up on friday I spent some serious time with each of the rigs.

Ted's new HT is awsome and will shake the house. The SDA's sounded great as expected and the Carvers sounded oh so sweet. The Manley setup was very nice as well with the 1c's hooked up to them.

Ted and his wife and kids were great hosts and cooked up some the best food I ever had.

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting all the new polkies as well. It was a grand time and I look foward to next year already. Ted thank's for hosting and showing us a great time.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Well friends, chalk up another PF that blew the roof off. A huge thanks to Polk Audio for their continued support and to Ted's family for their hospitality.

Those of you who tried coming but for whatever personal reasons couldn't make it, we all hope that things are better for you soon.

Several times during the fest, I started to type a message but was sucked back into it. Ted's multi-level house was in constant use with music everywhere. We had a couple new faces this year and one member from way up north, whom I am sure will agree that the trip was worth it, eh.

Saturday morning and Sunday morning, most of my head was numb from sensory overload because Ted pulled out all the stops to ensure everyone had a good time.

Early on Friday afternoon, the folks from Polk Audio showed up. Al, Mark, and Monica brought along their great personalities and wealth of Polk knowledge, both past and present. They also dropped some vague hints of stuff on the horizon. What these products will be exactly is anyone's guess. As I suggested after chatting with Matt Polk at PF 2005, start setting some money aside or delay buying that new boat. Let's just make the observation that Matt has the oppurtunity to retire but hasn't. He 'still goes to work and does what he does' and is continuing with many projects. Don't be surprised if someday you want to flip your SVS. If your interest is peaked you know where you should have been.

Saturday, people showed up at all hours and gear was on everywhere. It's a good thing that Ted has a direct connection to the high voltage wires nearby because his house was sucking some serious current. The libations were flowing in full effect and Ted's family cooked a terrific meal of local shrimp, potatoes and corn. There was also the famous potato salad which I had for the first time and loved it. No point in telling why, you have to be here to find out that secret. We had a drawing for some cool prizes and there were many winners. Money raised was for a very noble cause and I believe we raised the bar from last year's raffle. The group photo was interesting, as it took awhile to gather everyone together from the multi-story house. What followed was more music, stories, movies in the HT rig and did I mention drinking? Contact frisbee football with the lid of a water cooler on the paved driveway began at 11PM and lasted for about an hour, followed by a food fight.

Some of us had an early start on Sunday morning and others dropped by for our final salute. There are no goodbye's at Polkfest because friendships made here means you will see each other again. This year, I decided to leave on Monday so if you'll excuse me I am going to go now and visit some of the nearby islands.

Let the dust settle a little bit and the showcase photos will be up as soon as they are ready.

I survived.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Put some names to those faces; I've only met two and know who a couple more are:)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Well, Tom (treitz) and I played lead, follow, or get out of the way all the way home ;) --- just got home about a hour ago...

The time was great, Polk was well represented in all rooms. And Ted and his family are an amazing family and excellent host... also - very very good cooks.

We missed the big three, Mark - Russ - Anthony, gotta make it to the next one...

The Carvers are pretty amazing speakers, while not my cup of tea.

The Polk inwalls - are INCREDIBLE. Very impressive. Oddly enough, they probally had the most explosive bass I've heard from any HT rig. Absolutely amazing sounding setup with incredibly dynamics.

The Manley Stingray setup didn't see much play time from me, not sure anyone was chilling out to much up there -- but still a fantastic rig at the same time. The 1C's were pretty sweet.

Was kind of surprised the CRS speakers didnt get much play.

I gotta admit, the Amazings and the Taylos were easilly my favorites. No contest really.

Ah well, was an incredible time - it was great to see everyone, some new faces, some old faces, but always a pleasure. Thanks again Ted for opening up your home to me! I appreciate it greatly!

the Taylos still work - woooo ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Great summary Polk65! What else could be said?

Many thanks to RT and his lovely wife for hosting the event and providing us with the food, refreshment, hosplitality. . . I could go on and on. Very nice family Ted! I enjoyed your brothers and sons, we had some great laughs.

I had the opportunity to meet many of the fine Polkies I chatted with on the Forum. I have to say everyone was great. I felt like it was one large family reunion. It was great to meet all of you face to face and talk about music, audio equipment, life, love and the pursuit of happiness:D ;) It was a blast!

I could say so many nice things about everyone but I wouldn't know where to start and I wouldn't want to miss anyone. I can't wait until next year and hopefully see all of you again and some new folks too!

I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Here's a little peak at the fine Southern boil we had for dinner yesterday. Shrimp, sausage, potatos and corn. Yummy!

Thanks again Ted!

Summer2007.jpg
    Carl

• VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    More Teasers
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2007
    Options
    made it home, many many thanks to Ted and his family for the food and fun, it was a great time. Good to see the regulars and was good to meet some new members.

I think at the next PF, I might try having a drink or two, it looked fun.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    LOL

To funny Russ
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Well I'm back home....

Special thanks to Ted and his family for hosting a fine PolkFest. The Sounds, The Food, everything was top notch :) Meant some new members of the Forum, also seeing some new employees of Polk, which is always cool to talk tech while drinking a beer or two with them.

On a side note not many pictures from me this time around I felt others had it covered in this department. Hope to meet again some members I meant this time like around like Mike of Canada with his Aaaa in every sentence.

Ted's new Reeltime Theater was a treat and was very nice sounding, Polk in wall's RULE. The Carver amazing are just that Amazing, the Vinyl press was also well Amazing. The Manley was nice but.... there was others which just out classed that room so very little time in there. And besides Ted relatives well are quit entertaining on there own, was hard to spend a lot in a room far from them. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma