Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,340
    edited October 2007
    Options
    WOW, you guys sure do type fast. :p

Anyway, the cat's out of the bag.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Did you somehow manage to dip into the booze that was on hand??? If not, please consider taking a course in photography PLEASE!!!!

Carefully look at all the other very nice coherent pictures that have been posted & try to emulate.

Otherwise, also seriously consider leaving your camera at home!:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Options
    What she said; don't see how seeing the neck of some guy can be a teaser....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Leave Sid alone. :D

(but, dude, if that's a beard you are attempting...for God's sake man, SHAVE!)

650 for the cause? F**KIN' A !!!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Those are not all my random pictures -

Thats Carl's, Sal's, Steve's, Disney Joe's, Treitz, mine - everyones

I didnt want to spoil the good ones for the showcase...

;)

But now I cant find anymore...

But thats isnt the beard Im trying to grow -

I just havnt shaved at all and it started growing everywhere on top of where I wanted

But yep, we raised quite a bit - Ted is quite the bargainer.. ;)

Cathy,

Chill and relax - wooosah!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I just havn't shaved at all and it started growing everywhere on top of where I wanted.
    Give it some time. Pretty soon you will have hair growing in your ears and none on your head.:eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Options
    The hard stuff doesn't even looked touched? Look at that sad bottle of Beam, just sitting there.

I'm sorry I wasn't there to support you, oh little lonesome bottle of Beam.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2007
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Thanks to Polk headquarters for sending down Maggie and Mark, what a wealth of knowledge...

Tom, (in a hushed voice) her name was Monica!:)
    Carl

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I hope it didn't develop a complex or anything.....a fifth of Beam is a terrible thing to waste.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    Options
    That JB bottle was for sloppy seconds boys, the first 1.75 liter never had a prayer........along with 10 gallons of hunch punch, not to mention all the other empty liquor bottles laying around here........

(Tom....in another hushed voice,,,,his name is Al....hehehehehe)

RT1
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Tom, (in a hushed voice) her name was Monica!:)
    Damn. That's what drinkin' 'll do to ya'! :p;):D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Ted,

I’m just now getting up. I got home around 4 am this morning and was so keyed up I never got to sleep until 6 am. What a fantastic time I had. Your family is absolutely awesome. I never feel comfortable in crowds of people or in other people’s homes. I usually get full of anxiety and have anxiety attacks and break out into terrible sweats. Well I felt so comfortable in your home that even with all the people there I never once felt uncomfortable or anxious. That is truly a testament to the kind of hospitable personality you have and have instilled in your family.

It is funny I spent 90% of my time in one place . . . where the turntable was and oh yeah, where it was the coolest. I may not have been sweating from anxiety but I was friggin melting from your Georgia tropical heat. Another thing, I ventured down the driveway late Saturday night and could swear there were big critters peering at me from the trees!!!

Your equipment is truly stellar and I congratulate you on your acquisitions.

The HT system was just fantastic. I couldn't get over how great the inwall speakers and subs were. Mucho trembloso!!!

The Manley rig, WOW what 20 wpc can sound like on those 1Cs. BTW Jesse did an incredible job on them. The last I saw them was in June and they were completely horrible looking. Now they are a work of art, simply beautiful! That Manley was also beautiful especially with the light out.

Treys speaker were very very nice sounding! The NAD rig had such a sweet sound. I couldn't beleive the gremlins that were messing with the equipment. . . how about that melting the solder on the tweets!

The thing that had me mesmerized was the Woodshed rig. Man those Amazings were just that and the BAT/MF kW/Rega/MIT/ everything else just had me rivited. I can't believe how awesome that MF kW plays back the (to me for years) dreaded digital. It sounds so smooth and natural that I had to keep remembering that I brought records with me. BTW that Rega setup is absolutely beautiful sounding.

I also had a hoot cracking up at the antics of our resident drinkers!!! Wow what comedy!!!

The food was awesome. I couldn't get enough and ate myself sick! Meeting everyone whom I've written to or read on the forum was a very spiritual event for me. You just don't realize how awesome people are until you are face to face.

Jesse, Mike and I were laughing our heads off the 12 hours to and the 12 fro. I don't think I've laughed so long and hard as I did in those cramped quarters of that van all those hours.

Thanks so much big brother for you hospitality.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2007
    Options

It is funny I spent 90% of my time in one place . . . where the turntable was...

Why am I not surprised?:p :D

Another thing, I ventured down the driveway late Saturday night and could swear there were big critters peering at me from the trees!!!

Gotta be careful in the Georgia bush Joe. Deliverance was about four guys on a fictional river in Georgia, but they say the story is real...:eek:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2007
    Options
    That Punch had a kick ;) I didn't need any "Beam" after that, I had my own Beam so to speak :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised?:p :D

Gotta be careful in the Georgia bush Joe. Deliverance was about four guys on a fictional river in Georgia, but they say the story is real...:eek:

Ha ha ha, I definitely had the hair standing up on the back of my neck. . .awe who am I kidding, and my back that night!!! Quite spooking. BTW if you saw the new King Kong movie, those were the bugs that attacked at night. I slapped one on my leg and heard it pop!!! Later there was a blood stain on my shorts that was the size of a golf ball. If I would have let that bug keep going I would have had to have a blood transfusion!!!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    Options
    There is always one moment that stands out among many... For me it was the reaction of one "completely sober" member when getting a demo of the new REEL TIME RIG. George Daniel and his wife had come to the fest late Sat. afternoon. He had already got a brief demo of the Woodshed Rig and we sat him down in the middle recliner and put in "Star Wars Episode II, Attack of the Clones". If you are familiar with the movie it has some wicked bass as the Star Cruiser lands in the city at the start of the movie. George was digging the whole experience just as the Cruiser explodes. George jumped 2 feet up and 3 feet back... I thought he was litterally going to knock the recliner over backwards. I think he liked it!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Wow!!! It sounds like I missed one hell of a good time. Super host, great food & drink & superb music & gear...what more could a man ask for. I'll have my **** in gear for the next one, you can count on it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Wow!!! It sounds like I missed one hell of a good time. Super host, great food & drink & superb music & gear...what more could a man ask for. I'll have my **** in gear for the next one, you can count on it.

Sorry you could not make it down Phil. Me and Joe had a great time listening to all the vinyl. It would have been nice to see you again man.
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    What was that Live B.B King album we were listening to in the LR rig? I would like to purchase it and see if the imaging on my rig even remotely comes close to what I heard on the kid's speakers. Which will be hard to trump, might I add.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Phil, The next one is in Vancouver.

I will be there as well!

It will be good to see you again!.

Sal

booking a flight.,...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Tom, it's Live at the Regal. Get the MFSL copy, if you can find one.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Im all over that CD when I get a chance -- jesus christ, I just couldnt move away from the sweet spot when that song was on

Other disc, which I copied to hold me over till I can buy it is the Audiophile voice recordings - just wow...

Russ,
    What was that disc you played when we first started listening, I think you said it was some guy from Georgia?

Easilly my 3 favorite disc at PF this year.

The BB King disc was just... fantastic...

Still cant get over it..
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Thanks. I'm on it.
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Russ,
    What was that disc you played when we first started listening, I think you said it was some guy from Georgia?

Shawn Mullins

ShawnMullins.jpg
    Carl

• VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Carl you rock -

That was an excellent CD...

BB King still takes the cake - by far... lol -- what an amazing recording.

Three definite must haves for any system...
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Carl you rock -

That was an excellent CD...

BB King still takes the cake - by far... lol -- what an amazing recording.

Three definite must haves for any system...

The BB King is now on my list to buy Trey. It was fabulous!:D

Carl
    Carl

• VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I think the oddest thing about the BB king recording was how they mixed it - totally odd...

Drums and keyboard to the left -- drummer recessed behind the left speaker, the keyboard to the left of the left speaker, slightly forwards...

BB King forwards to everything, almost was like he was talking to you, as tall as the 1.2's --- then there was a sax (I believe) slightly behind the right speaker, then BB king's guitar way out to the right of the right speaker... amazingly clear and refined

Then the crowd, wow - what a way to record the crowd... the crowd was below everything and spread out the entire stage forwards -- felt like you were sitting like 5 rows back in the crowd, watching BB king live...

Was just... amazed...

When Tom's like - stand back here and listen... just had a grin ear to ear...

Jeeeez... ahhh - Gotta find that disc...
  • VR3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Thought I would post a meaingful pic ;)
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Drums and keyboard to the left -- drummer recessed behind the left speaker, the keyboard to the left of the left speaker, slightly forwards...

BB King forwards to everything, almost was like he was talking to you, as tall as the 1.2's --- then there was a sax (I believe) slightly behind the right speaker, then BB king's guitar way out to the right of the right speaker... amazingly clear and refined

Then the crowd, wow - what a way to record the crowd... the crowd was below everything and spread out the entire stage forwards -- felt like you were sitting like 5 rows back in the crowd, watching BB king live...
    I can agree, word for word. The synergy of that system and that recording yeilded EXACTLY what Trey said. It really was like you were standing 5 rows back in the middle of the crowd....but the crowd was below you, so you could enjoy the show. Breathtaking actually. Those that heard know. :D
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited October 2007
    Options
    All in all this years PF was... indeed a PF!

Good to meet some of the members and getting my ears on some really good gear.

Much thanks to those who helped out so much beating the curse into submission! I really appreciate it.

The manley rigg on those 1C's and Jesses' Jolida and connects had me in a spell. I nearly camped out there this w/e! Heard some new artists that i really enjoyed too.

My younger brother and two nephews held their own (some better than others) I was paid well to yell "Shots...!!!" at closely regulated intervals.

Sid I'm with you that BB king CD, i found the lyrics i was jotting down when sitting on the porch swing. Shared them with my brother at the airport today and decided to keep my day job "for now"!

Ted after much thought I'll honor your request to trade a couple of pair of nib "cherry" R15's for your Gibson. I'm sure i'll have a record contract in no time!

Thanks again to everyone. See you next year.

t
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut