Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Options

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's fine, just keep them in your pants, please.;)

If I do that there is no way we can hook them up to the SDAs...:confused:

Besides...I'd like everyone to see my NAD. I'm very proud of it.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »

And you should be. :D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    If I do that there is no way we can hook them up to the SDAs...:confused:

What happened to the other one?:confused::D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Tragic financial agreement with the better half. How do you think he got authorization for all that cool gear?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Oh, I will make sure the any Nad's are safe, afterall, I do get to say when the lights go out and when the door gets locked!

Mark, the box showed today, you guys are in for some nice freebies compliments of ole stinky earth himself.....thanks bro.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Check that music out first and foremost....its stellar.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited September 2007
    Options
    looks like Polkfest is gonna be a regular NAD convention. should at least be some cuppage at this event I imagine.

sorry, had to jump on the NAD reference bandwagon.....please continue :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    the cuppage is not really a problem, its the squeezage that can present a certain shrillness..............

RT1
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited October 2007
    Options
    T minus 4 days!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I had a high colonic today to make room for all the mangiare I'm going to be doing!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    mangiare come un maiale Io
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Man --

3 days left and my week is sooo busy

But I am READY!!

Oil is changed, fluids topped -- gotta get it cleaned, put air in the tires, load er up and Im ready!

Muahahahhahahahah
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Im still at work. Been here since 7am and will be here untill 11pm. Will be like that for the next three days so I can have Friday off. This is the only thing that will get me through the week. I wish friday would hurry up and get here. Ted plan on me being in town friday morning. Let me know what time is good to come by.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2007
    Options
    If any of you freaks are Magnum PI fans, bring your photos and have Shack autograph them.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2007
    Options
    alright, made the flight reservations a while ago. just booked at the comfort inn, I'll figure out the car rental when I get to jacksonville. its on!!!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    ohskigod wrote: »
    just booked at the comfort inn, !

Great I hope your room is next to mine, I'll really get to hear what goes on behind closed doors with you and Davey boy!!!:D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Have fun my Brotha`s !

Have a drink for me....I really wish I could see yer smilin mugs again

Maybe next year...:(
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    Options
    What my bro above said.....

Rockin' w/ Dokken.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    T minus 3 days!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I can hardly wait to see all the brohams, we will be having quite a time.

Now on a bit more serious note, Polk has donated an I-Sonic entertaiment system to the Fest, its brand spanking new still boxed up for the event. We will be raffling the I-Sonic with all proceeds going to the Githens Center in memory of Tiffany Grand. Raffle tickets will be 10.00 bucks a pop so bring some cash with you. I have an I-Sonic and its great, mine will be hooked to one of the "outdoor" rigs for all to hear.

If your still on the fence, get off and get to this Fest, we will all hoist one to our bud BDT and of course bro wish you were here.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Any Atlantic storms brewing Ted?

I'd hate to have an October witch spoil our fun:(
    Carl

• reeltrouble1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Just a bit of rain yesterday and today, nothing to worry about, anyway, I got wading boots......how about you.....waaaaaaaaaa

damm yankees........

thank youooooooooo as we say in the South

see you soon.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited October 2007
    Options
    LOL!

I'll bring my shoe condoms!:eek:

Carl
    Carl

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited October 2007
    Options
    It hasnt rained here in like 4 months!

Level 3 water restrictions, level 4 is rounding the bin!

I mowed my "yard" the other day --- totally engulphed in dust from the lack of grass --

So bring us rain from Georgia!!!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    T minus 2 days! :D:D
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    Options
    It hasn't rained here in like 4 months!
    No kidding. Have you seen the pic of Lake Norman something like 12' down? Holy Moly! Going to CF this past month, we passed a river that is usually 70 feet across, 40' deep was a trickling stream 3-4 feet across, 1/2 a foot deep. WTF??? :eek:

The next time it rains, I'm going outside and dancing in the rain. Literally. It's at the point to where it's getting pretty serious. We may have to start relying on the national grid for power if there is no water to run the Catawba nuclear plant, if we haven't started already.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
    Options
    We had a 5 minute drizzle this morning. The new said we need 14 inches of rain to fall to get close to normal.
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    No kidding. Have you seen the pic of Lake Norman something like 12' down? Holy Moly! Going to CF this past month, we passed a river that is usually 70 feet across, 40' deep was a trickling stream 3-4 feet across, 1/2 a foot deep. WTF??? :eek:

The next time it rains, I'm going outside and dancing in the rain. Literally. It's at the point to where it's getting pretty serious. We may have to start relying on the national grid for power if there is no water to run the Catawba nuclear plant, if we haven't started already.

Run around the block a few times that will generate some static!!!:D
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Even if it rains all is golden in Georgia, we have plenty of space. We have peaches, peanuts, belles and quality audio gear busting out all over, this is a chance to hear some stellar gear in one place that does not come around everyday, you need to get to this thing and meet the members, kick back and relax. Lets see what the Kids speakers are all about. but there will be lots of Polk Speakers featured including three pairs of SDA for those who have never experienced them you are in for a treat, the sleeper set are the 1C's......lots of vintage including a set Shack is bringing which are seldom seen or heard and of course the brand spanking new Lci lineup are breaking in right now make sure you spend some time with them.

The Mrs. presented me with an entire dining room table of goodies she has purchased for you to fill your bellies. She is the Executive Chef and my son who also digs all things Polk will be cooking for each of you.

I will be having dinner Friday, Brunch/lunch on Sat, dinner on Sat, and breakfest on Sunday. The good Captain Todd loaded his shrimp boat for us with a very nice looking catch of fresh Georgia white shrimp along with some of our local fish. There will be alternative's to the shell fish if that is a problem for anyone. Now this is the South, you are going to get Southern meals (well, with a little Yankee thrown in as I am from Chicago), but that means tasty fried, boiled, and grilled, damm suddenly I am hungry.......and the Mrs own breakfest creation of cheesy hash browns and eggs will flat out make your tongue slap your brains out. Oh yea and potato salad that can make a man downright weak in the knees.

come on down and have a ball.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Yep I'm off the diet as of midnight and gonna eat till I bust and listen till my ear drums start playing like Buddy Rich.