Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Options

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I am more than happy to take on that responsibility. I will make sure your casa stays unburned.

Ehhhh what about us?:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Options

You're on your own. You will, of course, be required to sign a waiver of all liability by the host.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    You're on your own. You will, of course, be required to sign a waiver of all liability by the host.

I'm a relative of the Human Torch!!! or is it just that hot dago blood!!!:D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Options

Dont worry Joe. I wont let you get burnt.....badly:D ;) :eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Dave if I did you all would just think it was Antny cooking the sauseeeeech!!!
  • Fireman32
    edited September 2007
    Options
    waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! man I cant wait. I am so stressed out at work that this will be a much needed break.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I will ensure that since I cannot attend that I will be naked the whole weekend.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2007
    Options
    And this is different from the rest of the time how???:eek: :D
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I will ensure that since I cannot attend that I will be naked the whole weekend.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Fireman32
    edited September 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »

There was a visual that I didn't need. Excuse me while i vomit!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2007
    Options
    please use appropriate protection should any uncontrolled speaker humping occur and by all means clean up after yourself.........

We are less than two weeks out.

Guys I would recommend you bring music you are very familiar with, this usually works out well and can expose the members to some new artists. Yes I said expose.....go where you will.

tick tick tick

RT1
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    Options
    alas... will not be able to make it this year, but would like tosee pic`s posted, and frequent updates as the fest is...well festing !

have fun my brothas
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I was really looking forward to meeting you Robert. Another time bro.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    Options
    maybe next year...
    I`m alittle short on funds this time around

I tried to book everything and get it solid, but some things came up, and well.....

maybe next year...!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Fireman32
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Sorry your not making it down Robert. I am sure people will be logging in with updates during the weekend. I will most likely bring my laptop with me.
  • Fireman32
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Glad that your comming Sal it will be good to see the Jersey gang again. Is Phil comming?
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Nope Phil isn't coming. Sal check the logistics thread on the sticky in this category, it has everything you are looking for.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    beardog03 wrote: »
    maybe next year...
    I`m alittle short on funds this time around

I tried to book everything and get it solid, but some things came up, and well.....

maybe next year...!

Bummer!!!:(
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Ted,

Drive to the hotel that's in Brunswick, drop off all my stuff and come on over.

Sal

Sal,

Where are you staying? I'm at the Courtyard.
    Carl

• reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    OK Sal, I got you, glad to see your coming, its nice to add a name to the list...

Well guys its no secret my heart is and remains in two channel and we will have no less than five two channel rigs to Fest On......but I also recognize the importance of keeping up and trying new things aong with old things, although I have had a HT for years it was basically an afterthought of the Reel Time Rig which is really a two-channel rig that does HT, also the RTR is in the main living room area, what is called a Great Room in the South.

Back in 05 at the Doro-Polkfest we were invited to HQ and were frankly amazed with the musical sound of the Polk 65i in-walls. So I toyed with the idea of how to do this over the past 18 months or so. Then Polk introduced the LCi RTS=Reference Theatre Series in wall line-up, these speakers are voice matched to the LSi line for musicality, additionally, Polk had developed its own in floor sub line--passive woofers driven by the Polk SWA sub amp. The sub amp can drive a pair of woofers with 500 watts each.

I am very pleased to announce that the LCi-RTS system along with two of the SWA-200 subs will be available for you to demo at the FEST, although its been a bit of a scramble and a few cosmetic finishing touches may be undone you will get to experience the LCi-RTS in-walls in the new dedicated listening room set up just for this.

Please feel free to bring those sampler DVD and Concert DVD's which are your favorite's as I do not have a large selection, uh, well I have two, a Chicago at the Greek and Eagles Farewell tour. The rack will have a HD-DVD, no BR for now, and a Universal Player.

See all of you soon and if you want to come and hear some great music and gear and hang with a bunch of great members, enjoy the food and libations then get yourself to the PolkFest.....coming soon Oct. 5, 2007.

We will be having some excellent door prizes and grab bags donated by the membership, you'all come down now, you hear....

RT1:D Just a big ole Polkie
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Grab bags???:eek: :eek: :eek: EEK
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Not much time left --

I THINK I might be able to bring the Odyssey gear -- definite no on the Shanling

Taylos for sure.

Time is tight around here...

Will be there 190%
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    hey bub, we don't have hooker's we have Belles of the Evening, first they dance at the Brunswick Ballet on F street.

The Comfort Inn is much closer, no hooker's but they have running water and you only have to share a bath with one room.

Kinda like Hostel.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    Options
    LCi-RTS system?

Yeah, maybe I'll have to come anyway and just YAHOO!!! gas along the way.

Holy **** Ted, what a setup. Forget the 2ch stuff, this rig is worth the demo alone!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Well get to ronco-ing that tank Russ. The Lci-RTS really are amazing in their design, effin nice stuff to say the least.

ATTENTION:

Guys, we can use a 2-channel common ground amp to run the SDA-Rig or a set of mono-blocks that can be strapped. DAGLJAM6 (Dave) is bringing one but cannot get to the fest until early SAT. morning, I can do a work around with some of my stuff but if someone has something it will be used.

RT1
  • shack
    edited September 2007
    Options
    How about a NAD C270? Currently boxed up and ready to load in the trunk if needed.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That will work, we can hook her to the new HT Rig for the fronts, you know I love them NAD's. Then move the B&K to Bi-amp the SDA, that will be excellent.

Thanks Steve.

RT1
  • shack
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That will work, we can hook her to the new HT Rig for the fronts, you know I love them NAD's. Then move the B&K to Bi-amp the SDA, that will be excellent.

Thanks Steve.

RT1

OK. I'll bring my NADs to GA.

• Fireman32
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I love them NAD's.
    RT1

that sounds so wrong. LOL
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    edited September 2007
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    OK. I'll bring my NADs to GA.
    That's fine, just keep them in your pants, please.;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    that sounds so wrong. LOL

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if I want that hug now Ted, maybe a handshake will work better!!!:D