VTI Customer Service Problem Rectified

123457»

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    One, Jason in California (jspht8338), is a great guy.

I think that's the one that sent him the defective rack and didn't respond to him.
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    I thought (and was wrong) that she was making amends by allowing me to keep the defective rack, a necessary part of the rack are the feet. I didn't ask her for the shelf for the rack . . . but I did expect the rack in it entirety. I already spent time and money on modifying it and am having a shelf made so that I could use it.

You burned yourself on that one by opting to modify what you had purchased before the dispute was resolved.

Its like if you bought a bike and the frame was broken, so you buy a frame yourself so you can use it. Then the bike company sends you the replacement frame and you're mad they didn't send you an entire bike for your trouble.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    I think that's the one that sent him the defective rack and didn't respond to him.

Out of character for Jason. He's sent me new matched quads of power tubes, without getting the originals back, when one of four matched was out of spec--then, told me to keep the originals. I've got his phone number here somewhere. Maybe I'll give him a call and tell him he's partially responsible for the evil afoot. :)
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    Maybe I'll give him a call and tell him he's partially responsible for the evil afoot. :)

Sweet! I know we can get at least four more pages out of this thread. :D;)

Ebay name = jspht8338
    Email Address = jspht8338@aol.com
    Name and location:
    Jason S Pang
    Hawthorne, CA 90250 United States
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    I received the replacement for the defected rack. That is all I wanted in the first place. This is over as far as I am concerned. Anything I took as amends or a form of appeasement from what was relayed to me by VTI or its reps was apparently misinterperated by me.

VTI may or may not have policies concerning their products.

What they don't have is good customer service practices. Now, a lot of people know that. If I made a mistake in the beginning which in some people's eyes I did, then I admit to that mistake. But it was a mistake, not a crime or a con and I was treated like a criminal from the get go by Linda Fang, accused in public of being dishonest and unreasonable something that I am not. However Linda Fang and her company do have very poor customer service practices.

Atleast in this case they do. . .maybe this poor CS in this case is a mistake by them. I don't think so, they/she still denies a manufacturing defect even though I proved it to them/she with pictures.

Here is the email reply I received when I asked about the spiked feet;
    Dear Joe,

That is right. You can just use the spikes from the "defective" frame.

VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    South El Monte, CA 91733
    626-585-1860

Note the quotes around the word defective. Good night Linda, good night VTI and good luck. Thanks for the rack I'm really making it into something special with some modifications.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    You burned yourself on that one by opting to modify what you had purchased before the dispute was resolved.

Its like if you bought a bike and the frame was broken, so you buy a frame yourself so you can use it. Then the bike company sends you the replacement frame and you're mad they didn't send you an entire bike for your trouble.

Wrong Mr. Devil's Advocate. She told me that the defective rack was mine. When something is mine I can do what I wish with it. Your senario about the bike is rediculous and doesn't apply here and you know it. If the wheel on a bike was defective they wouldn't send you a replacement wheel that had no axel.

I hope you enjoy all the products that you purchase from VTI. Don't have a problem or make a mistake in answering any questions with it however because you will be called a liar and unreasonable and unless you do something drastic NOTHING will get done about it.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2006
    HI,
    I was the one who claimed to be Devil's Advocate.....just didn't want you to jump on PolkThug for something that I said. I'm glad you're happy now and we can all agree that VTI customer Service leaves A LOT to be desired. I will put this to rest as well. Never meant to offend you; just wanted to try to get some other perspectives across. You are not a criminal - I don't believe anyone evr suggested that you were. You were treated very poorly. You have anew rack for your troubles and we all know that we won't be buying from VTI.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    shawn474 wrote:
    HI,
    I was the one who claimed to be Devil's Advocate....

There can be only one. I must slay you now.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    BANG! BANG! yer both dead. Last man standing is me! muhahahahaha!!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Just When I Think I'm Out They Puuuuuuuuuuullllllll Me Back In!!!:p :eek: