VTI Customer Service Problem Rectified

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    shack wrote:
    RENT? :confused: Clash of the Titans is worth a buy just because it's Ray Harryhausen's last film as the special visual effects creator.

I tried to buy it from VTI, but I received a Betamax copy of Fried Green Tomatoes instead:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    hammer included!!!!!!!!! to adjust the picture.....

RT1
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    Bad customer service rep!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    edited December 2006
    Joe's response to bad customer service rep!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    I tried to buy it from VTI, but I received a Betamax copy of Fried Green Tomatoes instead:D
    They only did this because you are a liar and a cheater. (They have one other customer that fits that description BTW ;) )
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    You guys REALLY crack me up! ROTFLMFAO!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Here it is:

Dear Joe,

First of all, whatever harm was done had been done. There is no need to paint over it. Secondly, we had already sent out the frame to you. Hopefully it gets to you in good condition.

Thank you!

Regards,

Linda
    VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    South El Monte, CA 91733
    626-585-1860

Well what do you think???
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    I think me and the Kraken are going to hoist a few and celebrate a well-earned victory on behalf of Club Polk!!!

Congrats Joe. She sounds defeated, deflated, and dethroned.

ALL HAIL POLK AUDIO!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006

I think she accepted you apology...without one of her own.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006

Does anyone live in South El Monte California? If you do, why don't you do HearingImpared a favor.
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I think me and the Kraken are going to hoist a few and celebrate a well-earned victory on behalf of Club Polk!!!

Congrats Joe. She sounds defeated, deflated, and dethroned.

ALL HAIL POLK AUDIO!!!!

Now ya see here is where my spirituality goes out the window.

I'll believe it when I have it in my hand and it fits properly in between the 3" & 7" racks.

BTW, I filled the 3" & 7" racks with #9 buck shot . . . now I have a really nice solid non-resonating rack system. I actually had to use 63 lbs of shot to fill those two racks. I have about 12 lbs left. I'm going to have buy another 25 lb bag to fill the new rack. Filling the rack with shot changed it from a ringing, singing, harmonics producing, resonace machine to a dull thud when you click it with your finger, tap it with a metalic object or anything. . . dull thud I tell ya.

Great idea SCompRacer (Rich) and great instructions.
  • SCompRacer
    edited December 2006

This is great news! Should I take the pics down?:D
    Great idea.....

Thanks! I get one good idea a year and that was it. Last year I tried for two and hurt myself.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    This is great news! Should I take the pics down?:D

Thanks! I get one good idea a year and that was it. Last year I tried for two and hurt myself.

Hey Rich,

Naaaaa Leave everything just as it is. Let them fix their ruined image.

I found that the number 9 shot really works well in the rack because it is so small that it really packs tightly into the rails and post. I'm telling you when I would tap or dink or rap on it there was nothing but a dull thud . . .it's a really good rack now.

Joe
  • SCompRacer
    edited December 2006
    I'll leave em up. Folks are still downloading the images anyway.

If I didn't already have the #4, I would have bought the smaller shot. I've got lotsa 5.56 and 7.62 FMJ bullets, but they would of rattled around in the tubes. (No loaded rounds, just bullets:D). I thought of melting down some lead ingots from my Dad's old plumbing days and pouring the lead in, but was concerned about the heat affecting the finish.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    SCompRacer wrote:
    I'll leave em up. Folks are still downloading the images anyway.

If I didn't already have the #4, I would have bought the smaller shot. I've got lotsa 5.56 and 7.62 FMJ bullets, but they would of rattled around in the tubes. (No loaded rounds, just bullets:D). I thought of melting down some lead ingots from my Dad's old plumbing days and pouring the lead in, but was concerned about the heat affecting the finish.

Not to mention the fact that heating lead is what make it turn so deadly toxic to our bodies.

I have to go out and buy another 25 lb bag that will make it 100 lbs in this rack.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I received this today, I don't know what to make of it. I do know that I haven't received the replacement rack yet.

Here goes:

Dear Joe,

I hope you had already posted on the Audio Forum as you promised. We just received another e-mail after you were taken care of (we sent out your frame).

Thank you!

Linda

???????:confused: ???????:confused: ?????????:confused:
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    Ask her to send you the email address of whoever sent it, so you can contact them personally & also to see if it came from this forum.

Did you post this at any other forums?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    amulford wrote:
    Eff her...

... with a rusty chainsaw at that.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    Ask her to send you the email address of whoever sent it, so you can contact them personally & also to see if it came from this forum.

Did you post this at any other forums?

No Cathy, just this one was enough . . .:eek:
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    Dude, write her back and say, you know what? Whatever collateral damage is done, is not your fault. Poor customer service is totally her fault. You have no obligation to change anything you've said, and she can't make you.

Tell her to send you the rack (If it isn't already in the mail) and no further damage will be done. Other than that, tell her to stop writing you emails :D:D or the authorities will be notified. That usually gets them to shut up. HA.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    ROFLMAO!!! I agree Joe. Can we create havoc or what? Jeez.:D

No Cathy, just this one was enough . . .:eek:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    cfrizz wrote:
    ROFLMAO!!! I agree Joe. Can we create havoc or what? Jeez.:D

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war !
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    Joe,

I would keep whatever agreement you made with her, at this point I am not sure what that is, but, I would not do anything until you have everything as it should be. Did she ship it UPS or FEDEX so you can track it???

RT1
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    After you get the new rack. post that your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction, send her a link to the post and then bloock her e-mails. She's going to try to hold you responsible for any bad press she gets. Maybe next time she'll have a little more respect for the "power of the polk". (who would have thought posting about the negative experence on this site would cause her so much greif.)
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Joe,

I would keep whatever agreement you made with her, at this point I am not sure what that is, but, I would not do anything until you have everything as it should be. Did she ship it UPS or FEDEX so you can track it???

RT1
    She hasn't sent me squat for tracking purposes!!! She keeps sending me emails however wondering why she keeps getting emails about the terrible customer service and keeps reminding me that she shipped out the rack. I emailed her back again tonight and told her that perhaps if I received the friggin rack I could post that I had received it and some of the members may feel she had taken care of the issue.

But somehow it is still my fault not hers. Someone wrote quite a few times that she'll never get it. I think that is correct.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    (who would have thought posting about the negative experence on this site would cause her so much greif.)

I DID!!! That is why I threatend her with posting the incident and when she very arrogantly told me to go ahead, I did!!! I really didn't think it would get as big as it did though. . . I again want to thank everyone for their support on this one.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited December 2006
    I received this today, I don't know what to make of it. I do know that I haven't received the replacement rack yet.

Here goes:

Dear Joe,

I hope you had already posted on the Audio Forum as you promised. We just received another e-mail after you were taken care of (we sent out your frame).

Thank you!

Linda

???????:confused: ???????:confused: ?????????:confused:

Oops. I'm betting that one belongs to me. :o
    Sorry, but I still feel there's NO EXCUSE for the way you were treated, Joe.
    Also, when I sent that email, the problem was not fixed, IIRC.
    So I emailed them and told them so.
    Go ahead, ask them to let you see it...won't hurt my feelings.
    If you want, send me your email addy and I'll forward you a copy that I sent them.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    polrbehr wrote:
    Oops. I'm betting that one belongs to me. :o
    Sorry, but I still feel there's NO EXCUSE for the way you were treated, Joe.
    Also, when I sent that email, the problem was not fixed, IIRC.
    So I emailed them and told them so.
    Go ahead, ask them to let you see it...won't hurt my feelings.
    If you want, send me your email addy and I'll forward you a copy that I sent them.

No sweat . . . this is her problem! Thanks for your support. I still haven't received the rack yet so I don't get why her emails are still coming in. I told her she needed her PR department to work on this on. I think her PR department is between her chair, the keyboard and the telephone. LOL
  • SCompRacer
    edited December 2006
    Until you get it, I'm gonna ask Justin to change your name to Rackless Joe.:D