VTI Customer Service Problem Rectified

Comments

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Early is right!! All she gives a crap about is herself and her **** company.

I had companies send me replacement parts no questions asked.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    You know what, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    F#ckin' A Joe! Send me a pm with your addy ;) Merry x-mas! Screw the grinch!

DO NOT BUY VTI
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    You know what, YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT!!! I am allowing her to let me kiss her **** when she is the one who is absolutely, positively, wrong here.

She won't admit to the problem being a manufacturing defect. She keeps trying to blame the shipper which in actuality puts me in the blame. ETC ETC ETC

What she needs to do is give me a new rack. Apologize to me publically for emailing people that I am dishonest and unreasonable. Post a thread on this site giving everyone a discount on VTI racks until the end of the year. And then hire a PR expert to work out a strategy to get back into the good graces of the internet community.

Va Funcula Linda Fang, you owe me a rack and an apology before I say one more kind word in your behalf!!!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    GO JOE!!!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Libertyc
    edited December 2006
    and it all goes back to the way she treated YOU, as a customer, from the beginning when you first called her.

VTI should immediately send you an entire brand new replacement rack.
  • Libertyc
    edited December 2006
    AND refund your money.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    You guys are soooo right. Linda Fang (VTI) is stone cold wrong here. Here I am trying to be a nice guy and diffuse this situation by sending her an email with detailed pictures of the defect in manufacturing and she has the nerve to flip it all around on me and still make me out to be the culprit.

Again I say VA FUNCULA Linda Fang and VTI!!!
  • Libertyc
    edited December 2006
    THE DAMAGE IS DONE!!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    You guy are right. Linda Fang (VTI) is stone cold wrong here. She owes me a new rack plus an apology for putting in writing via email and posting to people that I am dishonest and unreasonable.

She needs to give me a new rack, apologize publically, post a thread on this site stating that she VTI will give everyone on this forum a discount until the end of the year and then hire a PR expert to fix her image and get her and her company back into the good graces of the internet community.

That's right! They are 100% wrong!! She should accept that rack no matter how long ago you bought it! Who cares that she can't file a shipping claim because you waited so long! All businesses should accept returns indefinitely from purchases made at eBay stores and pay all shipping costs! :D

Here's a story of how cool Polk CS is. I sold my Polk505 to a Polkie and shipped it. It arrived and the box looked completely normal on the outside. After it was opened, it was found that the grill was shattered. Being a good seller, I called Polk to purchase a new grill and have it sent to the buyer at my cost. Polk CS said don't worry about it, we will send a new grill to the buyer at no charge. :)
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited December 2006
    Joe,

After reading the letter you received from Linda Fang, I feel she contradicted herself. I will never buy anything from them and I do hope you get what you should have been given in the first place. Like I said before, sorry you were treated like that. This is definitely not the way to run a business. I feel she should send a whole new rack along with an apology and definitely not expect you to “fix the words you spread on the internet.” I'm sure none of this would have happened if she had done the right thing from the beginning. Just my opinion.

Cindy
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I purchased a Kenmore Elite refridgerator & a cabinet mount Kitchen Aid microwave from Sears. I never connected either up until about 28 days after purchasing them. After connecting them up (by a few days) I found that both had problems. When I called Sears, they didn't get pist off at me because I couldn't remember the dates that I purchased the products and they didn't blame the shipper or me for not hooking them up within 10 days. They sent a repair man out to fix the fridge. They have a repair man scheduled to come out tomorrow to fix the microwave. As you can see moving hasn't been a smooth transition (there is a hell of a lot more that went wrong but hey I still have my health).

This is similar circumstances to the VTI experience except for the fact that the product was shipped to a different address which I divulged up front and I actually opened the box about 6 weeks after receiving it.

Sears didn't acuse me of being dishonest or unreasonable.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    That's right! They are 100% wrong!! She should accept that rack no matter how long ago you bought it! Who cares that she can't file a shipping claim because you waited so long! All businesses should accept returns indefinitely from purchases made at eBay stores and pay all shipping costs! :D

:)

Thuggy, it is not a shipping abuse problem as she would have us believe. The rack is welded improperly. So unless the shipper opened the box, grabbed a welding torch and rewelded the rails to the posts, it has nothing to do with the shipper. Besides I received the rack around the first week in October and had it sitting flat in a controlled environment until me and my son moved it and I guarantee you we didn't drop it. So I opened it about 2 months after I received it. If it was a shipping problem that the damages couldn't be recouped because I waited so long, then I would say she has a legit issue. SHE is trying to make that this is the case, it is not! And to make it worse she keeps writing people that I said, 3 or 4 weeks. . . she forgot the last part where I said, "I don't remember, maybe a month and a half ago." I was still off but it wasn't like I was trying to get over on her.

I admit to you that I should open packages sooner than 2 months. . .I have, believe me, put that procedure into practice.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    cindy100 wrote:
    Joe,

After reading the letter you received from Linda Fang, I feel she contradicted herself. I will never buy anything from them and I do hope you get what you should have been given in the first place. Like I said before, sorry you were treated like that. This is definitely not the way to run a business. I feel she should send a whole new rack along with an apology and definitely not expect you to “fix the words you spread on the internet.” I'm sure none of this would have happened if she had done the right thing from the beginning. Just my opinion.

Cindy

Thanks Cindy.
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    Thuggy, it is not a shipping abuse problem as she would have us believe. The rack is welded improperly. So unless the shipper opened the box, grabbed a welding torch and rewelded the rails to the posts, it has nothing to do with the shipper. Besides I received the rack around the first week in October and had it sitting flat in a controlled environment until me and my son moved it and I guarantee you we didn't drop it. So I opened it about 2 months after I received it. If it was a shipping problem that the damages couldn't be recouped because I waited so long, then I would say she has a legit issue. SHE is trying to make that this is the case, it is not! And to make it worse she keeps writing people that I said, 3 or 4 weeks. . . she forgot the last part where I said, "I don't remember, maybe a month and a half ago." I was still off but it wasn't like I was trying to get over on her.

I admit to you that I should open packages sooner than 2 months. . .I have, believe me, put that procedure into practice.

Fang is A#1 distributor on west coast three year in row!! You are just one and only kind dishonest and unreasonable customer!! You no satisfied, Linda Fang A#1!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    With your first thread averaging 215.625 views per day, you would think she would apologize for what she said about you before asking you to fall on your sword to get another rack. Sounds like….extortion.
    If there were any QC there, that rack should have never been placed in a box.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    This women is f...en crazy. If one of our sales staff treated a customer this way, I would fire them. She's the owner for christ sake.She's cheap and short sighted. Linda's now running scared about the fact that she is getting bad mouthed on the web, but she still wants to control the situation. She's not making good on your damaged product, she trying to bribe you to retract your statement with somrthing she owes you anyway. Tell her to keep her P.O.S and let her know how we all feel. No one in buisness is going to write a customer and cry about 35.00 in shipping costs. I've delt with her type working with resturants. She probably has every dime she ever made in her pocket book.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Fang is A#1 distributor on west coast three year in row!! You are just one and only kind dishonest and unreasonable customer!! You no satisfied, Linda Fang A#1!

ROTFLMFAO!!! Me so horney!!!
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2006
    Just curious -- has anyone confirmed whether or not Ms. Fang is the actual owner of the company?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    Question -- did you buy this rack from a VTI dealer, directly from VTI, or just from some guy on eBay?

If it's the latter, you're a crybaby -- no offense, but seriously....

A lot of manufacturers will unload defective merchandise for a lesser cost. I think this is a bad idea unless it's being purchased factory direct. Why? Well, for exactly this reason.

If you bought it from a VTI dealer, or from VTI directly you're 100% in the right to complain.

No matter what the story is, her response is ridiculous and just downright idiotic. I'd be interested in what you said to her that got her so ruffled up over this. She should have sent you a rack without questions instead of being such a stupid **** ruining her own reputation over a few measly dollars. You would have been happy, and she wouldn't be shooting herself in the foot.

Customers often are unreasonable a-holes, but you can't act like that as a business no matter what. It's not like you were bitching to her about something that was worth all this. In fact, had she just sent you the rack you'd probably be praising them and giving them positive publicity rather than this negative stuff.

This company is very much in the wrong, and if you bought this off eBay from some random person -- you're wrong too. Only difference is that the company has nothing to gain by telling you that, and everything to lose.

Just going off of your other thread where you said you bought it on eBay.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    With all these threads out in the public domain, whatever you do don't send her back the defective rack and let it get out of your possession, ability to use it as evidence. Once she has it, you are defenseless.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • PolkThug
    edited December 2006
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    From the beginning she has stated several times that "you are the only one" yet she has a method to repair the damage.

She says to contact the distributor and that you are being unreasonable. I suppose it's just coincidence that your ebay seller has an online store address 5 miles from VTI and his ebay address is 30 miles West? Would it be unreasonable for her to meet her local distributor for lunch and ask him to contact you?

Since she is aware of shipping problems and her stated solution to fix the shipping damage is "bang with a rubber hammer" would it be unreasonable to include a rubber hammer with each shipment until they figure how to package these correctly?

Keep turning the screws folks until she gets it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    ^^^Brilliant^^^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PolkThug
    edited December 2006
    Polk65 wrote:
    I suppose it's just coincidence that your ebay seller has an online store address 5 miles from VTI and his ebay address is 30 miles West?

Sounds like some VTI racks are slipping out the side door. I wonder if Pang is related to Fang.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Joe.... please put me in for $10 on a new rack. All I ask is for a copy of the venomous letter written to Ms Chickenwang written with jackal blood and the tears of the damned.

She's going down. Sounds like Custer flipped us all off while our backs were turned though we are quite clearly over the walls. Please under no circumstances give her the satisfaction of an apology or a single kind word.

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    Question -- did you buy this rack from a VTI dealer, directly from VTI, or just from some guy on eBay?

If it's the latter, you're a crybaby -- no offense, but seriously....

A lot of manufacturers will unload defective merchandise for a lesser cost. I think this is a bad idea unless it's being purchased factory direct. Why? Well, for exactly this reason.

If you bought it from a VTI dealer, or from VTI directly you're 100% in the right to complain.

I purchased the rack from this Company who sells things "buy it now" on ebay as well as their internet business. The jackass that owns this company has completely ignored my requests for help.
    Demiurge wrote:
    No matter what the story is, her response is ridiculous and just downright idiotic. I'd be interested in what you said to her that got her so ruffled up over this. She should have sent you a rack without questions instead of being such a stupid **** ruining her own reputation over a few measly dollars. You would have been happy, and she wouldn't be shooting herself in the foot.

Demi, how it got to this point or as you said so ruffled was that when I called initially, she kept cutting me off mid-sentance while I was trying to explain the situation and the problem. She asked me when I received it and I couldn't give her an acurate time so I gave her guestamates. When she looked up where it was delivered and when she called me a liar and then everything I said after that she immediately thought was ****. What really twisted her **** hairs was later that night when I got back to my rental where my PC was, I wrote a complaint about her on VTI's website contact us. The next day, I called again and she answered, I immediatley asked for a supervisor. . . it was then that I found out she (atleast claimed) was the owner. It just went straight downhill from there.
    Demiurge wrote:
    Customers often are unreasonable a-holes, but you can't act like that as a business no matter what. It's not like you were bitching to her about something that was worth all this. In fact, had she just sent you the rack you'd probably be praising them and giving them positive publicity rather than this negative stuff.

I didn't become unreasonable. I became appalled at the fact that she kept telling me that this whole thing was my fault for not opening the box within ten days and filing a claim with the shipping company. THERE WAS NO SHIPPING DAMAGE. It is a blatent manufacturing problem that she refuses to admit to. . . even in her rectification letter. I had told her that she needed to learn customer service skills and that her company needed to revamp their customer sevice policies because they were not going to get anywhere if they continue to deal with customers like they did me.

This company is very much in the wrong, and if you bought this off eBay from some random person -- you're wrong too. Only difference is that the company has nothing to gain by telling you that, and everything to lose.

Just going off of your other thread where you said you bought it on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy this off some random person on ebay as I stated earlier.

I admit that if I would have (I couldn't at the time) opened the box sooner, I wouldn't be having to deal with this problem as it currently exists. I have done nothing in a dishonest or unreasonable way. I purchased a product, I found the product to be defective, I called the manufacturers customer service number which is on the instruction sheet, I spoke to customer service, I escalated the problem to the owner, I was then attacked and labeld a dishonest & unreasonable person because I dared, I had the nerve to tell them they shipped out a rack with defects.

She and VTI is wrong period.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    If any members belong to other audio fourms, they should post a link to this thread. Get the word out. Then e-mail Ms. **** letting her know she is all over the web as a company not to deal with.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    I know what she needs, something real special.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-5grqhj1b8

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk I would never be able to fill the box the rack came in.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Joe.... please put me in for $10 on a new rack. All I ask is for a copy of the venomous letter written to Ms Chickenwang written with jackal blood and the tears of the damned.

She's going down. Sounds like Custer flipped us all off while our backs were turned though we are quite clearly over the walls. Please under no circumstances give her the satisfaction of an apology or a single kind word.

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, I won't be doing anything except demanding a new rack and a public apology on this site for her putting in writing that I am dishonest & unreasonable.