VTI Customer Service Problem Rectified

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
This whole letter is BS. Linda Fang is still blaming me for her problem and her terrible Customer Service skills and policies. I will not change my position on this. She (VTI) owes me a new rack, plus an APOLOGY for telling people in writing via email and posting that I am dishonest & unreasonable. DON'T BUY VTI UNTIL SHE RECTIFIES THESE PROBLEMS PROPERLY!!!

Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time examing the frame and taking the pictures. From our past experiences, there was definitly a drop in this package causing the mis-alignment. The corner block may give a good evidence (at the side having the bent leg, the corner block probably split or broke). We say that because we know the construction of this rack. If you look closer, it is welded just on the top with the crossbar. The majority of the frame is hanging loose (no support). Any drop or hit at the end portion will cause the leg to bend. We specify shipping flat but we could not control what the shipping company does. Besides dropping, if they ship it upright and put heavy item on top, it will also do the damage. As we have no control, the only thing we ask our customer to do is to report within the specific time frame so that we can at least get reimbursed for the material and some shipping cost. You know, shipping this fram e alone to PA will cause $35.00 dollars alone, not mentioning packaging material, time spent and the frame itself.

Well, long story short, I understand your situation and frustration. You do not want to pay for a product you cannot use. However, you chose a different route. You had been spreading words around. Although as I told you, you are the one and only having this problem, it does not give us a good image.

To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you (no need to send back the bad one to waste money). However, how are you going to fix the words you spread on the internet about us? I would like to see that fixed before sending you the replacement frame.

Thank you!

Linda Fang
VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
11015 Rush Street #4
South El Monte, CA 91733
626-585-1860
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited December 2006
    Hey Linda,
    Perhaps you should have done the right thing concerning YOUR customer. If you HAD done this you would have not had a bad name. You had several days to contemplate your response and the effect of your lack of response!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Feel the POWER!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Feel the POWER!!!

You're a one line genius Jess
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    Finger power!!!!

I guess Ms/Mrs Fang realized that all the biz lost from, just our forum alone, not to mention all the other audio forums this situation has made it too, wasn't worth the cost of one little ole rack, which they may have a total of $65 in.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited December 2006
    This makes me even more mad! After a week of battle for her to do the right thing and her blaten refusal to do anything but call you a liar and tell all of us that you are a scam. She come up with the idea for us to call her and say basically......You are so great for the self sacrifice that you are about to preform and this will financially destroy her but she is willing to do the right thing solong as we all call and acknowledge this! BLAHHH I hope you get your stand but this is a sad way to run a company....

IMAGINE THE E-mail you might have got from a real company......

Dear Joe,
    Sorry to hear of all your trouble with or prouduct. I am aware of all the trouble you went to to get this to our attention. I made preparations today to Fed Ex you a new shelf to replace the defective one you currently have.
    Please be assured that all employes were trying to resolve your concerns but did not communicate well with you all the options. We really value you as a customer and would like the opportunity to serve your needs in the future.
    If you have any other conserns please feel free to contact me at 555-555-5555.

Thanks again,
    Mgmt.

......2 days later new shelf shows up and 2 days after that a coupon show up with hand written letter saying thanks with 75% off next purchase....
    What a different senario.

Point being it was all up to HER!!!!!!!!!!! and she failed again.....
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Gonna have to side with SLOCOOKN here.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    This is the email I sent to my friends and family who have been involved in this whole issue.

Dear Friends and Family,

Linda Fang, the owner of VTI Manufacturing has graciouly agreed to send me a new rack to replace the faulty or damaged rack.

If any of you had written or called Linda I ask that you now contact her to acknoweldge and thank her for agreeing to take care of this problem despite the bad press.

I want to thank you for supporting me in this and I want to thank Linda again for helping me with this issue.

Sincerely,

Joe
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    HI...

I believe you have effectively opened Pandora's box. Released the Kracken, if you will.
    There may be no turning back from the course you have chosen:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2006
    To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you (no need to send back the bad one to waste money). However, how are you going to fix the words you spread on the internet about us? I would like to see that fixed before sending you the replacement frame

Hey guys, wait until he gets his frame, then we'll start ripping on her:p
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    HI...

I believe you have effectively opened Pandora's box. Released the Kracken, if you will.
    There may be no turning back from the course you have chosen:D

Yes Jason with the one sandal, I believe you are right. . . but what can one do????
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    SHE stepped on her very own proverbial Johnson...and now your supposed to kiss it and make it feel better? I don't think so.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Yes Jason with the one sandal, I believe you are right. . . but what can one do????

I tell you what amigo. I'll shoot her an email dripping with honey and wrapped in angel's wings. She'll be able to eat her computer screen because it will transform into a giant chocolate bar upon receipt. "But only since you've been such good boy this year," sez Santa.

It's all love and all gravy. I'm glad it all turned out:)
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    I'm not letting HI completely off the hook. I'm sure next time he will open his Internet purchases a little sooner, instead of months later. ;)
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    I'm not letting HI completely off the hook. I'm sure next time he will open his Internet purchases a little sooner, instead of months later. ;)

You have that sooooooooooo right Brother!!! I've been opening the packages up as the UPS guy is walking up the driveway to my house to make the delivery!!! LOL
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited December 2006
    I would rather do this. I will put 10.00 in a fund to replace your stand with a new one rather than GROVEL at her request. This is not right! Where is everyones PRIDE?......Did this letter not upset you? I talked directly to MISS THANG..ooops MISS FANG. It was not pleasant at all. No compassion for your situation Joe.
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • ND13
    edited December 2006
    Now, Just send me the damaged one, once you receive the new one...I'll make that effer work as a back -up for all my extra rigs.:)
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited December 2006
    What a win that would be. You could call her up and say that everyone who heard about your experience chipped in 10.00 and you bought all new stands from a different company....she still left with all bad press as she deserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Uh oh... he's gone from SLO to QUIK. Better make some room.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited December 2006
    My wife says the same thing!!!....lol
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    I'M really not sure if she is going to send a new one. I think she needs to feel that the bad press has been taken care of. That I can do.

I can't repair the damage done by Linda writing to people in emails that I am dishonest and unreasonable. I hope she realizes that.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Hell no you can't!!!!
    Seriously, screw her. Have you considered approaching the Better Business Bureau with your adventures? Have you notified her of this option?
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited December 2006
    SERIOUSLY!!!!! I am 10.00 in on new rack for HI. Come one people take care of our fellow POLKIE...KARMA.....
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2006
    Rectified? I'd say you're the one who's been rectified.
  • ND13
    edited December 2006
    Polkitup2 wrote:
    Rectified? I'd say you're the one who's been rectified.

Rectalfied, dude....RECTALFIED!!!:D
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Linda Fang wrote:
    Well, long story short, I understand your situation and frustration.
    No, you don't Ms. Fang :mad:
    Linda Fang wrote:
    You do not want to pay for a product you cannot use.
    No **** moron :mad:
    Linda Fang wrote:
    However, you chose a different route.
    WRONG! It was you that chose the route beyotch! :mad:
    Linda Fang wrote:
    You had been spreading words around.
    No **** - you gave Joe no-other-option stupid! :mad:
    Linda Fang wrote:
    Although as I told you, you are the one and only having this problem, it does not give us a good image.
    Horseshit. You explain (below) how this defect could have happened. Highly doubt you just pulled that out of your keester dragon lady :mad: It has happened before and you-know-it!
    Linda Fang wrote:
    To calm things down, I am willing to have a replacement frame sent to you (no need to send back the bad one to waste money).
    Did you see a but in this sentence? I sure didn't! :mad:
    Linda Fang wrote:
    However, how are you going to fix the words you spread on the internet about us?
    Joe isn't! That's your job you stupid 'effin C*#T!! You, Ms. Fang, are the one who needs to write a sincere letter of apology to Joe for everything you put him through. Send him a brand spanking new rack, of his choosing, absolutely free of charge to show that you are sorry and to show that you stand behind your product.
    Linda Fang wrote:
    I would like to see that fixed before sending you the replacement frame.

Thank you!

Linda Fang
    Oh ya, well I'd like to see a new slogan flood the internet - DON'T BUY FROM VTI!!!:

VTI Manufacturing, Inc.
    11015 Rush Street #4
    South El Monte, CA 91733
    626-585-1860
    [/QUOTE]
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2006
    Put me down for $10 SLO.

Joe, don't have your family / friends call or email that dolt with a retraction. She is wrong and you are right. She still isn't willing to do the right thing so f^@k her! Buy a new rack from someone (anyone) else.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Hell no you can't!!!!
    Seriously, screw her. Have you considered approaching the Better Business Bureau with your adventures? Have you notified her of this option?

Yep, this is one of the options my wife has been checking out.
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    Joe,

I think it's too late for Mrs Fang. She should have acted sooner, but now knows all the bad press is bad for her company. Now she wants you to kiss her ****...

It would be nice just to get the replacement shelf, but would be friggin priceless to tell her to jam it up her **** sideways.

I don't think I'll ever perchase a VTI product as long as I live.

I say to tell her to go get bent.

I'm in for buying Joe a new rack.

Put me down for $25.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2006
    HI --

Her motive is wrong. She's not genuinely interested in helping you out. In fact, her response to you is downright insulting.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."