• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    I hope you had good food and drink whilst there. :p
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    You're exactly the same as I am in that regard.

I also think my comments may be getting mis-interpreted. Let me explain...

The mistake hearingimpared made was buying a company's product on eBay when they had nothing to do with the sale of the product. They can't guarantee the condition it was in when it was shipped, if it wasn't stolen, etc. It doesn't make him wrong, it was just an honest mistake.

It's my opinion that the person who should have dealt with his issue is the person/company on eBay that he bought it from. Then with eBay directly to get his money back. That's just how it should have been resolved.

He took it directly to the manufacturer, whom as far as I know doesn't sell on eBay, nor authorizes distributors to sell on eBay. That said, they should have done exactly what you did for your customer no questions asked. It's how I run my business to this day. There's no better marketing than sending a formerly pissed off customer away happier than a pig in mud. They're complete idiots from a business perspective, and if Wax Fang over at VTI isn't the owner she ought to be fired.

I just wanted to throw another angle out there, and that's from the perspective of a company. If a box of iPods falls off a truck and someone with an eBay store sells them as new, but all the screens are busted. Who should have to replace all of that stuff? The thief **** who sold defective merchandise on eBay or Apple? That's a case when $30 can turn into thousands, and I can see how a company would be upset. The best thing VTI could have done after they replaced his rack is to deny replacement of anything sold through eBay or unauthorized vendors.

Demi that was me who wrote the quoted material. Joe
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    I know, I got you.

:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I hope you had good food and drink whilst there. :p

Great food, Maria made home made tortelini soup . . .it was almost as good as my mother's. The music was great. . . we were listening to some new tweaks that Phils acquired.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm drooollll tweakssssssssssssssssssss
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    That sounds great. I think some folks with Italian ancestry should host a Polk Fest if they haven't already. :eek:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    EDIT: Sorry I was at Phils's house tonight and wrote this up from there that is why it has pearsall001 instead of hearingimpared.

I thought that story sounded familiar.....

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=549348&postcount=25

I thought to myself...we have TWO turntable clamp designers on the forum.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    shack wrote:

Once again Right On Shack!
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    shack wrote:

ditto:D

Carl...

me and the Kraken got loaded last night and raised hell on the Eastern seaboard
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006

Carl...

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk did I say nyuk LOL
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    errrrr.........do I have to retract the toilet paper thingy I sent her??????

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    errrrr.........do I have to retract the toilet paper thingy I sent her??????

RT1

LOL !!! How about my graphic one. . . oh boy am I in trouble.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006

Carl...

ZB, check this out!!

kraken2.jpg

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    This one is cool too!

Kraken2.jpg
    Carl

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    I remember her from my sophomore year in college... I had to eat through my arm to escape her evil clutches on a Sunday morning. Tried to turn the Walk of Shame into the Walk of Fame, but her sorority sisters weren't having it.

Ms. Fangalangadingdong doesn't stand a chance. Go ahead Carl and....

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    More Kackens!

kracken3.jpg
    Carl

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    That's it... I'm renting Clash of the Titans tonight:D

Thanks Carl... keep 'em coming if you have more:)
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Save us from ourselves!
    Monster.jpg
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Ah! Beautiful women and monsters! An erotic mix!
    kraken_giant.jpg
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2006
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    Mickey doesn't stand a chance!!
    Ms Fangarafalamachoochookaddawaddathang doesn't stand a chance!!!!
    Too many Krakens, too few VTI employees!!!

Who will defend the breakroom?
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    I'm fanatsizing that Ms. Fang is a hot Asian woman, scantily clad in a tiny night gown with 6" heels, sweating and about to be brutilized and dismembered by a merciless monster!!!!
    Carl

• zombie boy 2000
    edited December 2006
    These things happen.... she should have stuck to slinging shelves instead of venturing out into defamation of character. Anybody will tell ya, it's a risky career decision.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006

RENT? :confused: Clash of the Titans is worth a buy just because it's Ray Harryhausen's last film as the special visual effects creator.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2006
    You guys need to stop smoking the Kraken. :cool:
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    Back on topic...

I personally, think that your letter was way to nice. Don't let her off the hook. She has to be the dumbest owner in the world, and I will never buy from her regardless if she publicly apologizes or not. What happened to, "The customer is always right?"

Lowe's eats hundreds of dollars every single day... just to make people happy. Whoever this VTI is, should take a lesson from them.

I'd demand an apology, tell her to send out a replacement today! and inform her that her business is being reported to the BBB. No nice words, just lay it on her. Fluctuations, is what I say!! :D (I almost married one, so it's all good... )

Some people have no right to run a business, and I think that she is one of them. You can actually sue her for defamation of character if you wished. What a loser...

Show her no mercy, and don't retract a single word: all are the result of her not doing business properly, not your fault.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006

Thanks Carl... keep 'em coming if you have more:)

RENT, RENT??? You don't already own it . . . for shame ZB!!!!:p
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    You guys need to stop smoking the Kraken. :cool:

I've been sitting here catching up on this thread pissing myself laughing and this remark you just made Demi just put the cramps in my side!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Back on topic...

I personally, think that your letter was way to nice. Don't let her off the hook. She has to be the dumbest owner in the world, and I will never buy from her regardless if she publicly apologizes or not. What happened to, "The customer is always right?"

Lowe's eats hundreds of dollars every single day... just to make people happy. Whoever this VTI is, should take a lesson from them.

I'd demand an apology, tell her to send out a replacement today! and inform her that her business is being reported to the BBB. No nice words, just lay it on her. Fluctuations, is what I say!! :D (I almost married one, so it's all good... )

Some people have no right to run a business, and I think that she is one of them. You can actually sue her for defamation of character if you wished. What a loser...

Show her no mercy, and don't retract a single word: all are the result of her not doing business properly, not your fault.

Twenty years ago Ms Fang would be chop suey right now. I'm a little more mellow now and if she says she is going send the rack I'll wait. But I can tell you this if it doesn't arrive then that mellow wine turns into harsh bitter vinegar.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,549
    edited December 2006
    OOOhh.. I love Clash of the Titans!!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound