Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    Bad day at the race.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,870
    I could almost put up my Chevy 2500HD from 2004......and that photo wouldn't change much from the new trucks.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    Kex wrote: »
    It’s worth noting for sure… so I’ll just add that something similar happened to my wife in Fresno, of all places.

She was competing in an equestrian event and was parked at a hotel overnight in our almost 20 year old Mercedes-Benz.

When she came out next morning, she found a note from a young rider from Palo Alto staying at the same hotel. She had backed into the car in a borrowed pickup truck and pushed it over the cement bump at the end of the space (the ubiquitous things that frequently delineate the end of a space).

Her dad was a doctor from 🇫🇷 working in the 🇺🇸. He didn’t want to bother the owners of the truck his daughter had borrowed with an insurance claim so he asked us to get a couple of estimates for the repairs and sent us a check for $3,500.*

Not everyone has lost all sense of decency and community spirit. I know I’ll do the same if I ever make a similar mistake.

* (Bent trunk lid, damaged bumper cover, bent bodywork behind the bumper etc.)

Way to once again try to make things all about you…

Wha????? I thought it was a good story, I didn't see any lightning.....Scompracers thunder is still intact....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,291
    OleBoot wrote: »
    7y2z46r449ar.png

That's cheating!!! No rooftop railing allowed!!!
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,945
    ri1jwssp1q5h.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    From @tonyb's new photo exposé and coffee table book: Real Life With Italian Women

Tony was hunted down and had his nuhtz ripped off within minutes of the book's release.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    nty6b2hvbzqo.jpg
    The sailor and the drag queen… classic!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,607
    nty6b2hvbzqo.jpg

Don't understand the drag queen allusion. Thought it was just army jealous of navy?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    edited August 1
    nty6b2hvbzqo.jpg

Don't understand the drag queen allusion. Thought it was just army jealous of navy?

A Marine always finds a way to dump on the Navy. I think it was one of our general orders.😇😀
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    45b1u7vzatzz.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    pijzmdh1pzqz.jpg
    Where the heck are the Disagree and Off Topic reactions?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,595
    edited August 1
    msg wrote: »
    pijzmdh1pzqz.jpg

Too many hurt feelings I guess. Tom's formal complaint must have made it to the people in charge. 🤣
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    edited August 1
    Eh well.

I never really took 'em seriously, and used them mostly as substitute reactions on the joke threads. Oh, and on everything @bcwsrt and @xschop posted. I might have used Disagree seriously 2 or 3 times.

Now how are we supposed to hurt peoples' feelings? I guess it's back to direct mentions and responses with dogmatic comments. I'm really gonna miss the anonymous gaslighty passive aggression capabilities.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,289
    billbillw wrote: »
    pijzmdh1pzqz.jpg

Too many hurt feelings I guess. Tom's formal complaint must have made it to the people in charge. 🤣

Disagree 😋
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,553
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,602
    edited August 1
    nty6b2hvbzqo.jpg

A Marine always finds a way to dump on the Navy. I think it was one of our general orders.😇😀

Now, you do know that the Marines are a Department of the Navy, right ?
    (said smugly, with a slight roll of the eyes 🙄)

"Yeah, the MEN'S Department ! 🤗
    (came the non-inclusive,
    non-equitable, divisive triggering response forcing the OP to retreat to a safe space 😢)

....dang, that was pretty dramatic even if I say so myself ! 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    I heard about that.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,817
    edited August 1
    Eh well.

I never really took 'em seriously, and used them mostly as substitute reactions on the joke threads. Oh, and on everything @bcwsrt and @xschop posted. I might have used Disagree seriously 2 or 3 times.

Now how are we supposed to hurt peoples' feelings? I guess it's back to direct mentions and responses with dogmatic comments. I'm really gonna miss the anonymous gaslighty passive aggression capabilities.

"I don't always Disagree, but when I do, it's with @bcwsrt." - @msg

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • msg
    Disagree to agree.
    I disabled signatures.