WTB: XM Tuner...Seriously..

Options
Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited September 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I'm serious here...I'm not looking for anything free or with some guy's signature (though it would be great....). :D:D

Just seriously wanting to buy one; Anyone has an extra Polk XM tuner ????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'd love one too, but wouldn't it be in bad form to sell a gift? I'm not trying to say Polk would care, but it just seems in poor taste.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    No, he's saying he just wants one in general...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Oh, okay, I guess the fact some of our members just got a pallet full of tuners autographed by Matt Polk, and in some cases might give some folks the idea of selling them, but I must just be off my rocker! :p

Throwing caution to the wind.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2005
    Options
    If someone received one free, Had no interest in the subscription or the idea of it.. I would say at the least offer it only to members, for what cost? I have no idea.. you can't make someone keep it, But selling it like on e-bay would be bad taste for sure.... and doubtful anyone would part with it for all these reasons anyways... But tradeing it with a member for something they want more would be feasable i think..

By the way if someone wants to send me one for free I'm game!!! :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    So....does this mean that any tuner transaction is banned from the club???? What about serious guys like me that want to buy one, and those serious guys/gals out there that seriously want to sell one??? I fully agree that it would not look right for the lucky members that got their freebie to go around making profit out of it....but come on.....eh...uh.....well...... :confused::confused::confused::confused: hmmmm....yeah...I guess it would not seem right and I cannot think of a way to make it look right......sorry for bringing the subject..... MY BAD....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I think that it's ok to sell them, but at a slightly steeper discount than the usualy board hookup & with some of the "karma" requirements- like 100 posts and 2 months on the board.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • faster100
    edited September 2005
    Options
    People can do what they want, just the freebies winners should not sell em on e-bay.. or agon i guess..

I mentioned a trade deal, But doubt anyone has one they paid full price for and is willing to sell/trade already..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I think whoever's buying it should have been a member for at least 9 months and have at least 300 posts.

:p
    :D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yeahhh...but how would this look in the eyes of Matt???? As I said...I cannot think of a way of making it look good...they either keep it, or pass it on to whoever they feel like....

SOPA
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it.. but trading it with a club Polk member for an item of similar value. i'd be ok with that. Lets see now, what do i really need right now? :eek:

JK! it's staying with me.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Having said that...If anyone that WAS NOT AT THE POLKFEST AND DID NOT GET A FREEBIE TUNER wants to sell one, I am interested.

P.S. Also, if anyone that was there and got it but does not want it....I need one :0:0

SOPA
  • audiobliss
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Maybe if someone already had one...and got one...they could sell the one they previously had.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Personally I would think Matt would rather see them get used as opposed to sitting in a corner collecting dust.
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    it's all new territory for this forum. this hasn't happen here before. but i'm sure there is a way for a XM tuner to trade hands with another club member where it's fair. with the understanding that whomever gets the tuner NOT turn around and make a profit from it.
    That would be in poor form.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • snakebitten
    snakebitten Posts: 94
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ok, I am getting confused. But I want one too. I think.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    My personal opionion: Selling for more than the shipping cost= LAME
    Trades or Karma's would be OK in my book
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I think Karma would be a good idea. And the winner should have expressed a wish to go to PolkFest in the offical thread :p
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I would think that any profit on one of those tuners would be SERIOUSLY bad form.

You know, they do SELL these things in stores.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    Options
    $269.00 at Fry's today, there you go.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    edited September 2005
    Options
    What are they regularly? That still seems like a steep price.

EDIT - Oh, and another new sig?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    $299 regular. Steep? Hey - it's the Reference XM tuna!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited September 2005
    Options
    They have been listed for $269 with free shipping, direct from Polk for months now.
  • faster100
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Like Russman said, 269.00 go grab ya one... aint no one giving,selling or tradeing thier free xm tuner :) signed by matt no less
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    You'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers...

If I see anyone selling the gift off in bad form, I personally will run them out on a splintery rail. No ****...

If you want to pass it on "in the family", coolness.
  • ode
    ode Posts: 58
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Matt could fly to my house and hook it up for me and I still wouldn't pay $269 for it. They should be giving them for free just like they give away free satellite dishes and cell phones, the money is in the subscriptions. Offer me a free tuner with a 1 year commitment to satellite radio and I might bite. I'm betting that will be the standard soon anyway.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    If someone that received one of the tuners at PFest and already has one and wants to Karma it or give it to another member, I have no issues with that. BUT, if someone tries to profit from selling one of them anywhere, Agon/Ebay/Craig's list,etc.., I think that they should be strung up by their toes and beaten like a piniata. That would be just wrong.

If one wants to Karma one, then it should only be open to the members that couldn't attend the festivities.

Oh and BTW, Polk does know all the ones they gave away by serial number and who each was given to. Remember that.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ode wrote:
    Matt could fly to my house and hook it up for me and I still wouldn't pay $269 for it.

Well I guess that means you won't be getting one any time soon, Huh? :rolleyes:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ode wrote:
    Matt could fly to my house and hook it up for me and I still wouldn't pay $269 for it.

Guess that makes you one CHEAP putz!!! :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Forgot to add my $0.02 about someone selling their "free" Polk XM Radio. If Anthony doesn't get you, I will.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ode wrote:
    Matt could fly to my house and hook it up for me and I still wouldn't pay $269 for it. They should be giving them for free just like they give away free satellite dishes and cell phones, the money is in the subscriptions. Offer me a free tuner with a 1 year commitment to satellite radio and I might bite. I'm betting that will be the standard soon anyway.

Good, don't buy one.

Difference being that Polk isn't in the sattelite bidness nor does XM seem to be in the tuna sales bidness......so, when you get a free tuna with your subscription, one of the same quality of the Polk model, you just let me know. :rolleyes:

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut