MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2005
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    About the dinner thing, Crabs anybody? (I mean blue claws, by the way)

Lucky you specified, or the "roomie" plan would have been out the window :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    :eek: Roflmfao :D

Hey, they ARE amazing survivors...

Cool, I will only be there around nine or so, just enough to get a good buzz....
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    If any of you didn't get the corporate rate, drop a line to Hedy at Polk. She will get you squared away.

If you still need lodging, contact me ASAP.

Robert(Beardog) I apologize for the late reply, but I've been real busy getting everything straight for PF. I strongly encourage your wife to attend as I can assure that she will enjoy herself here. This isn't just a bunch of audio nerds hanging out talking about gear, well perhaps it is, but I am an excellent host and will ensure that she is as comfortable as if she was at her own home. I really think that the participation of that special someone is important for all of us. It may actually keep a few of you in check while in my house ;) I say that in the same breath that my wife is away for a Spa vacation during Polkfest :D It was really just a personal choice on my behalf that PF coincided with her getaway.

It wasn't until I began the preparation for this that it dawned on me how involved and stressful it is for the host of these events. Russ and Troy, I feel your pain. I have went to great lengths to make sure that EVERYONE will enjoy themselves, so please, Ms. Beardog, I would LOVE to meet you and your husband very much. I extend this to all the spouses and special ppl in your life, as this Polk thing is a "family" thing....and that's across the board.

Feel free to contact me directly with any special requests or concerns.

dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Everyone - I will not personally be present for ANY activities Thursday or Friday evening, as I have way too much to do. I hope that you folks can get together, and if you need some suggestions for local haunts and venues, contact me directly. Please be clear in what you want to do, as I have all kinds of suggestions.

Anthony - We can have crabs, Maryland Blue, #1 Males, less than 10 minutes away when you get to the house on Saturday. Stop asking about it :D You are coming to BAR NONE the best place for crabs EVER. If we had more time, I would run you down to the dock in DC and we could get a bushel of the freshest crabs you have ever experienced.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • amulford
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Oh, BTW. I could not get alot of Bratwurst. I did get some, but only a little more than a pound. You have to be early as they sell out before noon, and I wasn't (like 1:00 PM or so). What I did get, though, is around 14 lbs. of other freshly made SAUSEEGE, which are VERY tasty. Let Jesse know I'm bringing some apple...
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Amulford,

Could you bring some NJ coffee cake for me :D I'll pay you and a nice tip you for this.

NJ coffee cake is really nice.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ok, I know this is given you where my heart is ;) but what the hell.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hey, just curious what the dress code should be for the polk tour, having never participated in any such thing. Jeans and a nice shirt okay, or should I spring for khakis (my daily wardrobe anyway, due to working at a school).

Don't want to offend Matt or anything :D
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    Hey, just curious what the dress code should be for the polk tour, having never participated in any such thing. Jeans and a nice shirt okay, or should I spring for khakis (my daily wardrobe anyway, due to working at a school).

Don't want to offend Matt or anything :D
    I know Mark will probably be wearing speedos, a wife beater and flip flops...so you could just follow his lead.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Steve - I'm very angry that you gave away my PF Tour outfit :(

The dress code is casual, but don't wear the shirt you mow the lawn with....Jeans and a T-Shirt would be fine....a Tuxedo will get you a prize and more looks than if you came in my Speedo :D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'll be in a white lab coat, with nothing between the Baltimore sunshine and my furry boys, but a thin layer of polyester.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    duhn,duhn,duhn,duhn
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Good God, I'm rethinking my decision to come down, now :D

BTW- I'm driving solo after all. My bro can't come down 'cause it's his wife's birthday, and he's already in the doghouse for having other plans on Saturday :D

And that's what you blew your 10,000th on, eh russ?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    I can't imagine a more appropriate post for #10,000...
    dorokusai wrote:
    Steve - I'm very angry that you gave away my PF Tour outfit :(
    Hey...I didn't mention the feather boa...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Hmm, I was starting to sweat when I put in the addresses for directions using Google maps... it was like 36 steps or something! Plugged it into mapquest and got an easy 16 steps, that should actually save me some time by taking me out through coal country to get to 81. Whee! I _will_ be making sure my camera is ready to go!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited September 2005
    Options
    nadams wrote:

It seems fitting, he's talking about his boys, probably playing with them too :D .

Congrats on #10,000. Too bad only about 10% is good useful info :p:) .

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    The list for the For Sale/ Trade is incredible, if you think you know everything that's for sale, think again....bring your wallets or a notary folks.

The list for Freebies is also cool, those that attend get the perks. That's no slight on the folks that are simply unable to attend, just a simple perk of attendence. Either way, sorry you couldn't be here.

In response to the question of shipping, I'm not opposed to shipping, but I do not, in any way shape or form, ship speakers. If you want them, please arrange something, and I will comply and release ownership. Almost everything is for sale here, in house, so please let me know if you need something.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Doro,

Brothers Polk.....

I had my wife read your post , and she now feels bad about backing out at the last minute.
    It looks like I will be flying solo this time around, but she feels better knowing that she is , was, and will be, welcome at all future events...

She has asked me to give her heartfelt thanks for inviting us into your home, and being so very cool as to include her in everything...

She already calls me a nerd, and the thought of me drooling over, and talking audio for hours , is probably more than she can take at one time....for any length of time..!!

She say`s I spend more time online with you guy`s , than I do with her...and she wants me to go and have fun.....and pretty much leave her alone to enjoy the time she has while I`m gone...
    I`m always playing with my gear, talking to myself, and pretty much making her nuts with my hobby that I have tried so hard to get her involved in ...but to no avail...

I really would like you to meet her someday, as she is Lucy Recardo....reincarnated

really...

I call her Lucy.....she` a genuine nut..!!

and just because I talk to my tubes doesn`t make me a nerd....

I`m just..... "special" :p
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    beardog03 wrote:
    Doro,

Brothers Polk.....

I had my wife read your post , and she now feels bad about backing out at the last minute.
    It looks like I will be flying solo this time around, but she feels better knowing that she is , was, and will be, welcome at all future events...

She has asked me to give her heartfelt thanks for inviting us into your home, and being so very cool as to include her in everything...

She already calls me a nerd, and the thought of me drooling over, and talking audio for hours , is probably more than she can take at one time....for any length of time..!!

She say`s I spend more time online with you guy`s , than I do with her...and she wants me to go and have fun.....and pretty much leave her alone to enjoy the time she has while I`m gone...
    I`m always playing with my gear, talking to myself, and pretty much making her nuts with my hobby that I have tried so hard to get her involved in ...but to no avail...

I really would like you to meet her someday, as she is Lucy Recardo....reincarnated

really...

I call her Lucy.....she` a genuine nut..!!

and just because I talk to my tubes doesn`t make me a nerd....

I`m just..... "special" :p

Bear,

Let's make her feel worse, as I'm in the basement painting balusters and prepping another wall for some touch-up at 0130 EST.

I understand her initial hesitation, as my wife does not really find any of this worthwhile. However, she supports this hobby, likewise, and realizes that it's something I really enjoy. As a side note, she REALLY wishes the speakers could be smaller :) The best answer I can come up with is, I ....I ....maybe I should shut up.

Ms. Beardog, I wish you were able to attend, but we will take care of your man, and grind him into the ground. He will return, but a shell, for you to mold into the perfect husband.
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    WWaaAAAAaaaaaAaaaa..!!

I am The perfect Husband...

She just doesn`t know it yet..!!!

It is nice to know that I have her support.....which I will need badly if I don`t stop buying gear.. :rolleyes:

I just picked up some Shure E4C`s to make the flight with....

gotta have my music....right..?!!!

Thanks again for your posts bro...I think it somehow makes her feel better knowing that you guys are good people... :)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Almost everything is for sale here, in house, so please let me know if you need something.

:D :rolleyes: :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    double post***
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Mark,

Don't sweat it, babe. It will all come together. Don't stress, nobody cares if there is dust on the tops of your pictures.

To the rest of you freaks,

Got your plane tickets/travel arrangements? Got your lodging? Got the addy to Polk? Ok, so what else could you POSSIBLY want to know? HQ Polk is an office complex, not the pentagon. No retinal scan to get in. No one is going to check you arrest records. Just show up and enjoy. The rest will work itself out, just be open minded and flexible. I guarantee that a good time will be had.

I've got to go to the drycleaners and get MY labcoat.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Troy- I am SET. I just hate going somewhere and not knowing what to expect or how to get there. Mapquest helped me with the getting there (very easy!), and this thread helped me with everything else. I don't believe I have any more questions :D

Now, God grant me a trip with NO BREAKDOWNS, and I'll be fine.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • amulford
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Got the room issue worked out. I guess nobody gets to enjoy the sweet sensations of early morning wake up ala amulford :p

Thank you for the H/U about the Ramada, DB. It is literally right across the street.

Thank you, too, Lou for the offer. It's this kind of comraderie that truly makes me PROUD to be a part of this dysfunctional little family. (sniff sniff, Tito, hand me a tissue...)

Printing out Mapquest as we speak... Says it's a 1:40 ride, but I'm gonna call it two. I should get in round 8'ish :D
  • disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Does everyone have Doro address? I don't (sniff sniff)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    Got the room issue worked out. I guess nobody gets to enjoy the sweet sensations of early morning wake up ala amulford :p

Thank you for the H/U about the Ramada, DB. It is literally right across the street.

Thank you, too, Lou for the offer. It's this kind of comraderie that truly makes me PROUD to be a part of this dysfunctional little family. (sniff sniff, Tito, hand me a tissue...)

Printing out Mapquest as we speak... Says it's a 1:40 ride, but I'm gonna call it two. I should get in round 8'ish :D

Glad things worked out for you Anthony.

sounds like you're getting town around the same as me and a few others. Lets meet when you get there.

Al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • amulford
    edited September 2005
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Does everyone have Doro address? I don't (sniff sniff)
    Email him
  • disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Thank you Thank you Sniff Sniff :o

BTW glad you got it worked out, see you Friday :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,828
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Anthony, you da MAN! Those apple SAUSEEGE are killer.
    Maryland Blue, #1 Males
    The proper Baltimoron term is #1 Jimmys. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

This discussion has been closed.