MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Let's get a head count on how many are, for sure, attending and whether they will be attending both activities(HQ and Mark's).
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2005
    As of 8-23-05, posted in the other info thread by Doro.

Current Attendees(Confirmed):

Amulford (Anthony)
    Beardog03 (Robert)
    Beekyman (Ervin)
    Bert26
    Cfrizz (Cathy) +2
    Dagljam (Dave)
    Danger Boy (Al)
    DisneyJoe (Steve) +1
    Dorokusai (Mark)
    F1Nut (Jesse)
    Hoosier21 (Russ)
    Jstas (John) +/- 1
    Macleod (Aaron) +1
    Madmax (Chuck)
    Nadams (Noah)
    Jdhdiggs (James)
    Jtgranby (Jim)
    Ohskigod (Lou)
    Polk65
    Poweredbydodge (Vince) +1
    Russman (Russ)
    Shadowman
    Spwuinmk67
    Reeltrouble1 (Ted)
    TroyD (Troy)
    W Waldecker (William)

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    I can be added to that list.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    beardog+1... :D

or not...she doesn`t know yet...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    I can take Friday off so I wont have to quit.

I dont have any vacation time and all the bosses are going to be out of town but my immediate boss told me, "I cant officially give you the time off and I cant tell you to call in sick but if you were to call in you wont get in trouble (nudge, nudge, say no more)"
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    edited September 2005
    I didn't read every thread in here so if this has been mentioned just bare with me. Unfortunately I can't make it to PolkFest, it sounds like one of those once in a lifetime events and I'm sorry to miss it. I would love to have met some of the faces behind the computer screen and to interact with people from Polk and Matthew himself would have been something I would not forget. So I only have one request to those attending.....please take lots of pics, good pics and post them when the event is over.

Thanks and everyone be safe and have fun.

Brock
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited September 2005
    ND13 wrote:
    Let's get a head count on how many are, for sure, attending and whether they will be attending both activities(HQ and Mark's).
    i will be attending both friday and saturday.......thanks.
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    H9, i plan on taking lots of pics.. so much so.. they may kick me out of Polk headquarters. ha ha ha.

Once Polkfest 2005 in over.. i'll need a place to host the pics. I might be able to do them here.. not sure.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    For those people arriving on Thursday.. and who are planning to gather for dinner or drinks. why don't we exchange cell phone numbers. I'll send my cell phone number to anyone who is arriving on Thurs who wants to meet.
    Steve (Polk65) and I are arriving Thurs around the same time.. 7:45 - 8pm-ish.

Private message me.. and we can exchange numbers, al
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    We (Mark and I) will setup a system showcase specifically for the gathering, as we did for the Carolina and Texas PF's. There will be plenty of space for documenting the event, we will get everyone's pics in, and sort out duplicates (ie, no need for 10 different angles, of the same picture). You'll then be given the log in id via pm's (attendees), to add captions, etc as you want to.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2005
    DisneyJoe7 remove +1 , Just me :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    I just tried to reserve my room at the Hilton, there aren't any more. I need a room...
  • disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    Ouch

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ND13
    edited September 2005
    I'll ask one more time,...

Is there anyone that wants to go, that can't because of transportation, that lives near the route I'll be taking(Indy to Baltimore, shortest route via mapquest)???

I'm willing to give a ride to someone in need of one. I haven't exactly decided what I'll be driving, yet, but it'll have enough room left for at least one person and their luggage. The rest of the space will be taken up by gear that I'll be bringing to sell or trade.

Anyone need a ride???
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    amulford wrote:
    I just tried to reserve my room at the Hilton, there aren't any more. I need a room...

Anthony,
    call the Hilton directly... and tell them you are with the Polkfest.. and they should be able to hook you up. I ran into the same problem. I guess only a certain number of rooms were reserved for Polkfest.

Good luck. If they are out of rooms completely, let me know. i have an idea for you.

Al
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Ya, I'll have my new camera as well. A Kodak dx7590. Can't wait to take them pics!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    nadams wrote:
    Ya, I'll have my new camera as well. A Kodak dx7590. Can't wait to take them pics!

Now I wish that I wouldn't have sold that 1GB SD card, I bought by mistake, to MichaelW. I have a new HP M417(5mp) that takes that memory card, now. Now I'm gonna have to go to Fry's again and get another one :o . The internal memory is only 16mb and that just won't do, especially if I want to take some video clips with it. I'll also bring the Fuji, which is what I initially bought the SD card for, because some idiot at work told me it took SD cards and it doesn't, it only takes XD cards. The Fuji is my office's camera, and it's nice, the S5000.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Get 'em while they're hot- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820178043

outpost is down, so I can't compare prices... but I think that's a fairly good deal. I paid that much for my 512 two years ago.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    Me and the missus will be staying at one of the fine Baltimore area Motel 6's. There going for $50 a night which will be good since Im going to be dropping over $400 just in gas alone!!!!!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    Me and the missus will be staying at one of the fine Baltimore area Motel 6's. There going for $50 a night which will be good since Im going to be dropping over $400 just in gas alone!!!!!

Dude, rent a freakin econobox. Leave the Ram at home. Even with the rental cost, the fuel savings will more than pay for it and then some.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    edited September 2005
    If you're staying at the Motel 6 near Security Blvd., think twice.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    F1nut wrote:

Security Blvd :confused: Do you need to be packing something for your self?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2005
    The B&K is back from being upgraded and is now an AVR317....Cardas fixed my headphone cable....and I'm finally back on track.

I hope to have the HT dialed in and calibrated, but it's not high priority at the moment.

You will never know the amount of work that has been done here to prepare for Polkfest....many many Doro hours and more to come.

I unfortunately will not have time to wire up the Atrium speakers outside, but you can certainly look at them :)

It's getting closer folks! LET'S...GET...READY...TO POLKFEST!!! :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    edited September 2005
    F1nut wrote:

Thats actually the one I was planning on. Is that not the "best and brightest" part of town?

Too bad Mapquest doesnt show you where the hood is.

Id like to wake up and not find my truck stripped down to the frame, what neighborhoods are a little safer?

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,315
    edited September 2005
    Mac,

Look for something from the Pikesville to Towson area. Anything on the west side of I-695 isn't where you want to be. The Inner Harbor area is also very nice, but more $$$. If you need some help, PM me.

Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• W WALDECKER
    edited September 2005
    the Annapolis area is OK also.
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited September 2005
    F1nut wrote:
    Mac,

Look for something from the Pikesville to Towson area. Anything on the west side of I-695 isn't where you want to be.

Jesse

Good thing Polk HQ is on the west side ;)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • disneyjoe7
    edited September 2005
    bknauss wrote:
    Good thing Polk HQ is on the west side ;)

Or it could have been called PunkAudio :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    edited September 2005
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Or it could have been called PunkAudio :eek:

or Thug Audio :p
  • W WALDECKER
    edited September 2005
    please dont get the wrong impression of Baltimore. it does have many nice neighborhoods. the 695 beltway wraps itself around the city hence the term beltway.lets just say that inside the beltway it can get a little rough around the edges. of course i only enter the city when my job sometimes requires it. for anyone who eats steamed crabs or would like to try them now is the perfect time of year for it.if you can find local crabs they will be nice and heavy. thanks....WCW III
This discussion has been closed.