edited September 2005
    Options
    Have a good re-enactment Bob.

G
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Gas prices is no excuse Bob. When is the anniversary? What I'm getting at, is could you make the PF on Friday, and hit the other event Sat?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    The 250th is going to run full bore for three days. The 16th, 17th, & 18th. There will be hundreds of reenactors already set up before the 16th and one of my jobs will be to help with registration and orientation. It's an event that's been planned for years and has been worked on vigorously for the last year now.

It just had to happen that two very special events had to occur at the same time. I'm pulling my hair out!
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Gotcha, wishful thinking on my part.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Russman,

Ya gonna bring me some special tubes for my Jolida to the Fest..?!!! :D
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2005
    Options
    At this point, yes. Bring your wallet. ;)
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Thanks G'man. I'm sorry to see posted that you can't make it either.

Thanks for the thought Russ. My mind is still working but it looks slim.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Bob can't make it to Polkfest? We should take Polkfest to Bob!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yes, drive him down. Gas can't be that bad when you compare it to room / food for the 2 days.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    If anyone's interested, I'll be bringing down my Monitor 5jr speakers to try and get rid of. The cabs are beat to hell, so I'll be entertaining offers for just the drivers. They have peerless tweeters.... I'll sell 'em complete, too, if anyone wants em.

As of right now, I'm still coming down for Friday's festivities.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Get your **** down here!

Nadams - Well, depending on the shape, mark me down for both tweeters.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited September 2005
    Options
    doro- both tweeters are like new. I purchased them when I bought the speakers (Aug '02). They were purchased on Parts Express, as they were still available at that time. I paid $30 each, I'll take $30 for the pair of tweeters.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well, unless some unforeseen situation comes up, I should be driving over for Polkfest :D . Got the final okay from the misses this weekend.

If anyone between Indy and Baltimore needs me to pick them up or would like to share a ride, just let me know, so i can get all my ducks in a row in plenty of time. Just PM me and we can try to work something out.

I'll be bringing some gear to sell or trade also. Will be looking for tube gear while there.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Noah - Please consider them sold, part that SOB out.

ND - GET OUT HERE MAN! WE NEED YA! :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Now I need to pick up a couple of those peerless for future use myself, so don't be hoarding them all, now damnit!! ;):p:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    BobMcG wrote:
    It's an event that's been planned for years.

It just had to happen that two very special events had to occur at the same time. I'm pulling my hair out!

Kinda like my daughter's 18th birthday. Pretty tough to move THAT event. Doro suggested a trip to DC as a present (which was a good idea) but other factors prevent that.

I appreciate the effort by many at Polk, other business contributors and Mark to make this event happen. Having said that, missing the "corporate" side of the event is no biggie. Not being able to see some of my friends again is.

Missing her birthday and a couple other events was NEVER an option. I'll miss the Polkfest but I hope you guys have a blast. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Don't worry Shackdaddy, I'll have a little gift for you :D Enjoy you're birthday celebration, we'll miss you.
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited September 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Kinda like my daughter's 18th birthday.

She cute? I'm 19 and I'll be there.. :D :cool:

only bustin your balls a little
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just FYI, this event is being "sponsored" by the following:

POLK AUDIO (Baltimore, MD) www.polkaudio.com
    Polk has ALWAYS supported our efforts in this events and this one is no exception. We will be treated to wine, song and....oh wait that was my original, eventually rejected request.

SIGNAL CABLE (Frank Dai - NY) www.signalcable.com
    This is Frank's 4th YEAR! supporting Polkfest....essentially since it's inception by our own Russman. Frank defines hardcore and his support of our forum is huge, I personally can't wait to meet him.

ADONA CORPORATION (Paul Lemanski - MD) www.adonacorporation.com
    Paul joined the activities this year and is the individual who will be producing new CRS/CRS+ speaker stands, since they are WAY out of actual production. Paul simply kicks ****, very cool guy and his products speak volumes.[/b]

MYE SOUND (Grant & Shelly VanderMye - Kelowna, BC Canada) www.myesound.com
    G & S have also expressed interest in this event and their gear will be displayed as well. They may not be directly Polk related, but the speaker spikes Myesound creates are the end all of spikes. They SCREAM manly....just ask F1Nut.

SPRINT PCS/ SPRINT NEXTEL (ME! - MD) www.sprint.com
    I actually really tried to get genuine corporate sponsorship for us, but they essentially laughed at me. Oh well...I will however, be giving away Sprint PCS and/or Sprint Nextel merchandise for the attendees use in the bathroom of their choosing.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,871
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ya Baby......Mye Sound spikes are my favorites. Solid brass billet, comes in three sizes plus one made just for carpets. I'm talking HE-MAN spikes, you don't have these, you don't have spikes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just made the hotel reservations and got the final sign off from the boss (and the wife!) :D. I'll be driving in and staying in Germantown, MD. I'm in the market for a power amp/pre amp - just in case someone is havering on whether to bring some gear to sell.

Thanks again to Doro and ALL involved in making this happen.

I would be happy to bring some supplies - beer, food (is that redundant?), etc. Just let me know!

Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2005
    Options
    made my reservations at the Hilton in Pikesville. Anyone else staying at the Hilton?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    made my reservations at the Hilton in Pikesville. Anyone else staying at the Hilton?

I am.. and I know others are too.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    edited September 2005
    Options
    So whose hotel room is gonna get trashed? ;)
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:

Yep, with dangerboy.

Thanks again Al, your a lifesaver!! :)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Options
    the wife and I will be at the Hilton also....

No trashing of the room , but I`m pretty sure I will be trashed..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Most Hiltons have an area to enjoy libations which I certainly will utilize, yes, Big Daddy is lecturing a bit but lets remember we are in a sense representing Polk Audio. Sometimes beer muscles can be a terrible thing.

I have read where some folks would like to get together on Thursday for dinner and party etc, sounds good to me, should we make a reservation before? Or just drop down on some local haunt.

RT1
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'll be hitting the road after work and a short nap, Thursday evening. It looks as though it'll take me 8-9 hours, so I'll be missing out on the Thursday night festivities, but I hope to make it in time for the beginning of the tour at HQ. If I can get away from work a liitle earlier I will, but I'm not going to push it.
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I have read where some folks would like to get together on Thursday for dinner and party etc, sounds good to me, should we make a reservation before? Or just drop down on some local haunt. RT1

please make a reservation.. since i'll be arriving late on Thurs.. i'd like to be able to meet up with you all some place for dinner or drinks.
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Polkies planning to attend, don't forget to let Doro (Mark) know you'll be attending. it's just common courtesy for his planning purposes.

See ya all there soon.
This discussion has been closed.