MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,409
    edited September 2005
    I am so ready to go, work is killing me, I need to stay but EFF it, I will be there. Packed all that I need but no CD's, left them at the house this morning, frig! Anyone have a copy of Justin Timberlake's latest CD they can bring?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Anyone have a copy of Justin Timberlake's latest CD they can bring?

You could just have Troy hump one leg and Russ the other and I hear it's about the same experience... :eek:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    No Justine but I got a WHOLE CD case with Michael Jackson and DeeLite.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,409
    edited September 2005
    That will work, Thanks Troy your a life saver! :p
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    *twiddles thumbs* will this DAY NEVER END!!!

I've only been at work for 40mins, but I wanna go home and get things ready :). And I don't leave until tomorrow! I'm gonna have to be pretty damn tired to sleep tonight.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    This is going to be the longest day of work that I've had to endure in forever. I think I'll not ask, but tell them I'm leaving work around 5-6pm instead of 9. That'll help out tremendously on my timetable. I don't want to miss any of the HQ tour.

IF Maz and I were to arrive a little late at HQ, will we have any problems in getting in??
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • TroyD
    edited September 2005
    Getting into Polk is like getting into Control HQ (Get Smart). The cypher lock only operates at certain times. Sorry. :D

BDT
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Is Wendi coming with?
  • TroyD
    edited September 2005
    Unfortunately, no. She has some work things that she can't get out of. She said she's bummed she isn't going to see everyone.

She's already planning Carolina Polkfest '06 though.

BDT
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Sorry to here that she can't attend. I was looking forward to meeting the women that puts up with YOU and the **** that we do around here :D
    I'm sure that she's an angel........of mercy that is. ;)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    TroyD wrote:
    She's already planning Carolina Polkfest '06 though.

BDT
    That's one I WON'T miss! It's bad enough that I have to miss Polk HQ, Matt, Doro, Mrs. Doro, Baltimore etc...

But there is no way I'm going to miss the LW, Dion hospitality, Hardcore Polkies and Charleston too! It just ain't goin' to happen.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2005
    I'm typing this naked and thinking of picking up Russman from the airport.

Shack - Atta' boy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    edited September 2005
    I am so disappointed I'm not going to be able to attend. I mean I'll miss getting kicked/kicking some one in the balls. I'll miss not getting humped by not 1 but 2 or more CP members. I'll miss pants flying off and general nakedness. It sounds like the tour of Polk HQ is actually secondary ;):D:p .

Seriously....have fun guys and gals be safe, take lot's of pics and keep a journal for those of us who can't be there. I'll be there in spirit just not in body. As Doro suggested I'll raise a drink this weekend for all you people, and I'm certain you'll do the same for those of us who can't attend.

H9

P.s. Mark too bad Russ isn't flying SouthWest you being naked at the airport would make for a great episode of Airline
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited September 2005
    Heiney - LOL That show kicks **** :) We will toast you sir, no problem.

Everyone - If you are arriving late, no worries, just worry about getting there at all. I will make sure that you get in, and get started.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Okay now I'm a little pissed off at my GSM at work. I asked, that if it was slow or raining, if I could sneak out of here early. He says, "Well you know that you and Laura(finance mgr) are going to be the only ones here after 6." I guess that he can't help me out a little and stay around for a while for me. I've changed my plans for him more than once. :mad:

So, it looks as though Maz and I are going to be on "Full Tilt Boogie" on the highways tonight.

Sooo, tell me where all the speed traps are. We'll be taking 70E from Columbus to 79S from just below Pittsburgh to 68E from Morgantown,WVA to 70E to 695S into Bmore.

We'll be cutting it close, but barring any unforeseen events, should have at least an hour or so before the festivities start.
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    fireshoes wrote:

YOU DA MAN!!!

Oh yeah, have I mentioned that I'm "PUMPED!!!!"

I wish we could change the size of our emoticons. :D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,799
    edited September 2005
    Looks like Ophelia is attending the HQ tour too. If you are driving a distance, be careful. Hurricanes are not fun things to drive in.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Well, we are outta here. Hitting the road as we speak. 10 hours from now we'll be there.

Gotta neat suprise too, the wife just went to have her hair colored so its now punk rock red. :mad:

She'll be waiting in the car this weekend!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    I'm on my way....
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Don't forget to keep us Polkies back home involved! ;)
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited September 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    Looks like Ophelia is attending the HQ tour too. If you are driving a distance, be careful. Hurricanes are not fun things to drive in.

Here's the weather.com outlook:
    Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 83F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Not a perfect day, but I think everyone should be able to handle it :)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • fireshoes
    edited September 2005
    Looks like the first photos of the pre-Polkfest activities are starting to roll in.... :D
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,157
    edited September 2005
    fireshoes wrote:
    Looks like the first photos of the pre-Polkfest activities are starting to roll in.... :D

ROTLFMAO.....I just about spit my beer all over the screen....Can't tell is that Mark or Russ? Must be trying to hook-up some outside speakers. :D

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2005
    With those pink velvet drapes, it looks like someone's lover just came home unexpectedly!

Quick, you can hide out here on this ledge! Worse case scenario, he goes to bed pretty early......................:eek:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    OMFG!!!! I had Dew coming out my nose!! That **** burns, too!!!!!!!!!
  • fireshoes
    edited September 2005
    ND13 wrote:
    OMFG!!!! I had Dew coming out my nose!! That **** burns, too!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh.... mission accomplished!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2005
    Disneyjoe7,

Is here and present :)

Directions have been downloaded to PDA to Polk Headquarters, watch out.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    :D

I have my directions printed out, sitting on my passenger seat (which will unfortunately be otherwise empty this trip), ready for me. Truck is ready, camera is ready, Polk Audio sign (pleeeeeease sign my sign!), money... it's all ready! Now.... am I ready?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    I'm all loaded up and hittin the road. It's about midnight in the east. See ya'll soon.

"PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
This discussion has been closed.