MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Cool. How 'bout it folks? When in Rome...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    i had crabs once.. oops. TMI (to much information) :eek: :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,871
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Geez, I quess the point buzzed the towers. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    i got my car booked. watch out.. and stay off the sidewalks. :eek: :D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just FYI- I'm keeping a close eye on gas prices. If they don't come down, I will NOT be able to afford to drive down, and therefore will NOT be making an appearance. I'll let you know in advance if I'm not coming, but what used to be a sure bet has turned into a wait-and-see deal...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    just booked my room at the Hilton. that's it. i'm all ready to roll. ;)
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    Just FYI- I'm keeping a close eye on gas prices. If they don't come down, I will NOT be able to afford to drive down, and therefore will NOT be making an appearance. I'll let you know in advance if I'm not coming, but what used to be a sure bet has turned into a wait-and-see deal...

If you make it to here, I'll drive ya the rest of the way.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Options
    jdhdiggs- are you only going down for Friday's activities?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well, the girls are NOT coming.

I will however have Dave, the Polkfest host Monitor 7's for Mark and some tidbits for sale....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2005
    Options
    nadams wrote:
    jdhdiggs- are you only going down for Friday's activities?
    Both days (100% now) but I won't be staying in B-more
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Traveling that far north and not getting an audience was too much for the dear girl to bear. I understand completely. I was feeling the same myself.

Tony Rome
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    Options
    (In reply to Doro's post a while back - yeah, I'm slow...)

Oooh, I wanna hear the ASL Wave monoblocks!!! Those are the original ones, no?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    (In reply to Doro's post a while back - yeah, I'm slow...)

Oooh, I wanna hear the ASL Wave monoblocks!!! Those are the original ones, no?

Yes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I may quit my job for this. I asked the boss today if I could have the day off and he's making noise like theyll be short handed that week due to the bosses being on vacation. He said he'd let me know.

I guess he didnt understand me. I wasnt asking if I could take the day off, thats going to happen, I was asking if I would have a job when I got back on Monday!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well I would love to be able to say that I can make it up there, truth of the matter is that the gas prices are more than likely going to nip it in the bud.
    I had planned on bringing up some boston a150's, a pair of pioneer hpm40's, and the tsc's that I brought to the s.c. meet just for s&g.

I am so bummed out, was looking foward to seeing and hearing some really awsome gear and getting to meet the master himself.

If there is anyway I can I will try to make it up but it just does not look to promising at the moment.

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I was told in a meeting today, that a ship will be comming in the day before I leave..

My faithful assistant will be on vacation that week, as I told her long ago that she could have that time...

I will get somebody to man the phones, I will have my cell, I will let my Vendors know whats up,and I will be at Polkfest.....employed...unemployed.....matters not..!!

and to make things interesting...I`m taking comp time...not vacation time...they owe me and I`m callin it in....

I`m pretty sure they will be pissed...

I`m good at what I do, so they will get over it...

or not..!!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm going to do everything within my power to make it over there, but as it sits today it doesn't look too promising. If I can, I will have to try and find a place to stay, but I'm sure there is at least a Motel 6 or the like within a short distance. I would make a reservation, but I more than likely won't know if I ccan make it til the that Thursday. I would most likely drive thru the night, Thursday so I could be there for the Friday festivities. I would at least like to make it to Mark's for the fun. We'll see.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • George Grand
    edited September 2005
    Options
    "I'm good at what I do, so they'll get over it."

I'm thinking a loose translation is, "NOBODY can beg and cry like a **** to get a job back like I can."

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    "I'm good at what I do, so they'll get over it."

I'm thinking a loose translation is, "NOBODY can beg and cry like a **** to get a job back like I can."

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
    Maybe...I thought it might be "they pay me 50% less than someone who is really good at the job and I do 65% of the work they would do...I'm a bargain!"
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Flight booked today.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Maybe...I thought it might be "they pay me 50% less than someone who is really good at the job and I do 65% of the work they would do...I'm a bargain!"

close...

my job sucks so bad that nobody else wants it....at 2 pay scales above me...

I know this because the last 4 people we tried to hire refused the job..!!
    and the other one lasted four weeks..

what I should have said is, I can get another crappy job, but my never get another opportunity to to go to Polkfest, and tour Polk`s HQ and meet Mr Polk Himself..!!

who know`s...maybe I`m not as good as I think I am, and when I get back somebody else will be doing my job........poor bastage..!!...I hear some people there actually get paid....and a lunch time.....
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• George Grand
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Just teasing Bear. I'm sure you are indeed da man.

George
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Well I at least got the time off from work, today, so if I can get the wifey to let me drive over, I'll be coming. That of course, also depends on the finances at the time, but I hope to bring some speakers and receivers to sell and trade to help that out a little. I've just got too much gear strewn about the house that isn't being utilized, so I thought someone else might be able to put them to use. I have a hard time letting go with my gear, even if it's not in use. I guess I'm always looking at it like I will someday be able to talk the wife into letting me set up a rig in every room of the house, yeah right!!!
    She's very tolerant, but even she has her limits.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Gettin' stoked myself. It will be great to see familar faces again, and meet some new ones.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2005
    Options
    and we'll finally get to compare the size of our melons
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • danger boy
    edited September 2005
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Gettin' stoked myself. Russ

hey, do that in the privacy of your own home. :p OH, my bad. he said stoked. :D
  • beardog03
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ohskigod wrote:
    and we'll finally get to compare the size of our melons

not sure I wanna see that.. :D
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    It's gonna have to outside, can't fit both of them in the same room at once to compare :p
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2005
    Options
    lol..niiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Oh well after clearing the way to go to either of the "once in a lifetime events" occuring on the same weekend, the gas prices have pretty much decided for me. I doubt I'll be making the Polkfest and not real happy about it either. The trouble is I'd be kicking myself in the butt over missing either event and the one is only 16 miles from me and was a prior commitment so...

Missing the Polkfest will greatly disappoint me.
    Missing the 250th anniversary of the Battle of Lake George would disappoint a good number of people along with me. Not to mention my unit is the host unit.
This discussion has been closed.