Options

Comments

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2005
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Anthony - Bring down some Brats!

If anyone else has something unique to their area, that would work well with a BBQ, please bring it. We will incorporate everything into the food.

I'll also have the volleyball net set up, due to the fact my neighbors kid 14 has challenged you Polkies to some gametime.

I got Brats, handmade. I can get some REALLY good other sausages, too. You got it, everyone will be pleased.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Sounding Good....

Anything that us Flying in need to bring as far as $ for locals being food in?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shadowman
    shadowman Posts: 1
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'm new to this forum. I plan to attend on Friday. Will there be any displays or demonstrations of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2005
    Options
    shadowman wrote:
    I'm new to this forum. I plan to attend on Friday. Will there be any displays or demonstrations of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers?

Yes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2005
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Sounding Good....

Anything that us Flying in need to bring as far as $ for locals being food in?

Good thought Steve,

Mark won't ask for a penny, but cokes, ice, and whatever won't magically appear.

Hoping to see you all there.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited August 2005
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Good thought Steve,

Mark won't ask for a penny, but cokes, ice, and whatever won't magically appear.

Hoping to see you all there.

Agreed...

you make a good point

I will have a car so I can stop at the local store and get supplies, or call the local pizza joint and get 6-8-10 pies...

just let me know what direction you want me to take and I`m on it..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Don't worry about that stuff, just get your **** here.....that applies to everyone.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • amulford
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You better have ice. I like my fine liquors on the rocks ;)

Edit - Who am I kidding, I'll drink it straight up, on the rocks, on the run, on my back....
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Uh oh... an email just went out to Polk internally warning employees about you guys ;) Warning is a bad word... it was definitely encouraging employees to participate and talk to you guys. You don't bite, do you???

And now I have the home address of Mark. He's only about 8 miles away. MUA HA HA!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2005
    Options
    amulford wrote:
    You better have ice. I like my fine liquors on the rocks ;)

Edit - Who am I kidding, I'll drink it straight up, on the rocks, on the run, on my back....

On your **** I don't think you care either way :eek: :D

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    bknauss wrote:
    Uh oh... an email just went out to Polk internally warning employees about you guys ;) Warning is a bad word... it was definitely encouraging employees to participate and talk to you guys. You don't bite, do you???

And now I have the home address of Mark. He's only about 8 miles away. MUA HA HA!

Good! We can all go crowd around Brian's desk and browse thru the **** collection on his computer! Now thats participation! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I can't attend, but I am definitely toying with the idea of sending my 15 year old daughter Stephie down there to knock the **** out of Sid. In front of everybody.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • amulford
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I don't think Sid is going to be there, but I'm giving 2 to 1 on the "Jersey Kid" ;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,138
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I can't attend, but I am definitely toying with the idea of sending my 15 year old daughter Stephie down there to knock the **** out of Sid. In front of everybody.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)

This is almost TO easy to respond to. I will keep my thoughts to myself...

I'd put my money on his daughter too... you arn't supposed to hit a lady. :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,879
    edited August 2005
    Options
    George,

You need to be here!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It couldn't have occured at a worst time in my professional career. No joke. Fri-Sun are all work days for me. If I could I would. Like I asked you on another forum Jesse, do something real goofy in my absence and tell everyone to make believe it was me.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You mean I get to play Ballbeaker for the day....cool!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Sneak Peek - Gear Pile

There is a pair of Telefunken speakers on the floor, that match the large AM/FM/SW - Turntable and Reel2Reel, Teak console stereo that will be working and on display. The coolness of this console cannot be matched by anything in this place, hardcore vintage. <1965, and in beautiful shape.

Anyone have some small 7" R2R tapes? Please offer expendable tapes as I haven't calibrated this R2R :)

A couple ASL tube monoblocks....Radii tube stereo amp(TY Russman)....Russmans' birthday present, Fisher 400, sans tubes in one frame....blah blah blah

I found some SDA SRS 2's in my travels....they will be the main speakers for the Police :)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited August 2005
    Options
    tube gear ?!

yea baby..!!

had an old Teac R2R long ago...I`ll see if I still have some tape around here...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Here are some thoughts I have been kicking around for awhile.

With the amount of talent attending, would there be anyone willing to...

* demonstrate repairing chips to our vintage MDF cabs and how to apply new veneer?

* removing bubbles from paper PR's?

* proper soldering technique for those that don't know how.

If those with nice cans can bring them along, this would be a great opportunity to compare.

I'm interested in the Sonic T-Amp, anyone have one to bring for a listen?

Food is always interesting! Any suggestions of where to sample some local fish or cheese steak sandwiches?

I have not seen any concrete plans to get together Thursday and Friday night. Let's make a plan to leave from the Hilton at 7PM... and leave a message with the concierge for others to meet up with us?

Finally, bring some local micro-brew eh? I'll pack as much Anchor Steam as I can carry. Red meat marinated in this for 15 minutes tastes great!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    You mean I get to play Ballbeaker for the day....cool!

:D JESSE the BALLBREAKER V

Kinda has nice ring to it partner.

RT1
  • amulford
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Those CRS's are mine... ;)
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Polk65 wrote:
    Food is always interesting! Any suggestions of where to sample some local fish or cheese steak sandwiches?

You will be in the wrong town for Cheesesteaks. Maryland and especially the Baltimore area is known for crabs and other seafood.

If you want a good cheesesteak, from Baltimore take I95 north to the I76 interchange. Take I76 west to the exit for 30th Street Station, the exit after the South Street exit. I'd give you the numbers but they all changed a couple of years ago and I haven't driven it enough to remember teh numbers off hand. Go up to the second light and make a left on to Market Street. Head down about 2-3 blocks to 32nd Street between Chestnut and Market. Park your car and look for Mo's truck. Tell him you want a Cheesesteak with fried onions and saltpepperketchup. He'll give you a hot soft pretzel while you wait.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • amulford
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I plan on scarfing some crabs, myself. How about we do a crabs and beer Friday Night. Ain't nothing like steamed crabs and cold beer...I can eat for hours.

This is a good time of year for crabs, too.
  • F1nut
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Nope, you're in the right town for cheesesteaks. Go to Al's Steakhouse at 1504 Mt.Vernon Ave. Alexandria, VA. None better!

President of Club Polk

• disneyjoe7
    edited August 2005
    Options
    OoOooHhhhh my there will be some good eating :):p:D :rolleyes: :eek: :o:( :mad:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited August 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    Nope, you're in the right town for cheesesteaks. Go to Al's Steakhouse at 1504 Mt.Vernon Ave. Alexandria, VA. None better!

Baltimore != Alexandria
    Don't know if visitors will be up for an hour or more drive to Alexandria from Balmer :)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    No kidding.
  • amulford
    edited August 2005
    Options
    What about a good crab joint?
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    "Crabby Johns" is right up the street from me, that's all you need.
This discussion has been closed.