MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options

Comments

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Unless a money miracle happens between now and then and arrangments can be made for the kids to stay with someone, it is looking like I will be a sitting duck. The money situation around here has been grim to say the least, was just fixing to start a big project at my buddys house when he called me up to let me know that his place had caught fire. Now they are out of the house for at least 2 to 3 months and the cash flow that would have been coming my way is not going to materialize. I would have taken on the project myself but it would have just been overwhelming to say the least.

Guys I hope to work something out as I would really like to see all of you again but it doesn't look much like that is going to happen, it will be depressing to say the least as I have wanted to see the polk digs for many years.

If I cannot make it could someone take a passive ( if I ship it to you ) to the shindig and have it signed for me? Keep your fingers crossed that I can work this one out fellas. :(

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    I will be there Thursday with Ted / Reeltrouble we're flying in also, where are you staying?

right now i'm aiming for the Hilton. since the deal was struck there.. plus it would be great to be in the same place as others. Makes things more convienent for travel. I think i land @ 7:30pm and will need to get to the Hilton from there.

I might rent a car.. still not sure on that one yet. Anyone else going to have wheels just in case i don't? I know some people are driving in.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Al,

Ted has booked a room a Hilton, I still need to do that also. We can meet up at Hilton I guess. Are you going to rent a car or what?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Here is the Official Polkfest information thread....

MD POLKFEST 2005

I am going to update the thread as an ongoing project, so keep checking the aforementioned thread for updates.

If you have any good discounts or offers, please drop me a line and we'll see about getting them posted.

Thank you.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Just to update, I'm in, as long as I can get the time off work. I may be starting a new job between now and then, so it's still kinda up in the air for me. If I'm in the same position I'm in now, then I'm all for it. :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Just added the demo information for my house....mmmm good.

Please bring your wallets! I will have a table full of gear for sale. There won't be anything over $100, and that's pushing it. If you want to bring something to trade or sell, come on down. The more gear you bring, the better it gets.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Dude... the tour schedule's not up yet.... where's it at, yo? :p:p

J/k... good job on getting the information out there in an organized manner. this is getting to be a bit deal! :cool:

Matt Polk owes you a beer. Then again, after we trash his place, he probably won't let us back again. *sigh* Guess we'll have to bring pants. Damn.

You are, like, the King of Edits, btw... Every post you make, you add something to the end after 2 minutes...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Noah - Yaman, I think faster than I can type :D It's often me being too analytical about a couple comments. Ugh, it's just my nature. It's funny you picked up on that :)

logically....I just just Jdhdiggs(James) PM'd me concerning the "For Sale" items and he brought up a good point. Why not list the gear publically.

I am going to list the gear "For Sale" on the locked down, Polkfest Information thread. Please feel free to EMAIL me with any additions to the lot that you may have. This is not a "dibs" or shipping market, it's an onsite market. The first served are the individuals that are attending the Polkfest physically. I don't mean any offense to those unable to attend, as it's simply a perk of being here.

If there are things that don't sell, then they may be dropped into the Polk Flea Market after the event.

EVERYTHING you buy at Polkfest can and will be tested onsite for 100% satisfaction.
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I only picked up on it, because I posted that last post, and 'til I got done with my first two lines, you had changed your previous post! then _I_ had to go in and edit my post to add the last line :P
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    The bad stuff has begun to happen.....the Cardas cable for the headphones has developed a short and has been sent to Oregon for repair....the B&K AVR has been acting strange lately and finally died and is being sent to Buffalo for repair.

The fortunate thing is that the B&K is under warranty and while it's up there, I'm getting it upgraded.

I'm hoping that both will be back in time for Polkfest. The HT may be under HK control as I have a spare available just in case something like this happened.

Oh well....that's why I love warranties and manufacturers that are willing to step up to the plate.
  • nadams
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Cameras are allowed on the Polk HQ tour, correct?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Yes.
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It's looking like I'll only be making the first day. I probably have to open up at work until about hopefully 12 or 2, starting at 10. Depending on what time I get out, depends on if I'll be showing my face during those festivities.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I think this was asked before but I cant remember: Will the spouses be welcome at the Polk tour as well as Doro's smash and grab....er I mean tour? Mine is coming with me cause she doesnt trust me around all those audio groupies. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    There are some members bringing their respective spouses and that's great. I just hope they know what they are getting into :D

I am sending my wife away for the weekend to Coolfont Spa in Berkeley Springs WV, with her best friend. This was one of the "conditions" I had to accept in order to host the gathering.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I will also be there along with my brother's fiancee. And I am not a groupie of any kind whatsoever! :D

Hey Doro...Lucky wife!!!! :) What were the other conditions?? ;):D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • danger boy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    OK, show of hands, who's coming to POLKFEST 2005?

should be tons of fun. I'll be booking my hotel room this week. We're getting closer. :D
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'll be there. Both days cause I no longer work at RS, so I'll be off.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'll be there....
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2005
    Options
    in, 4+ hr drive is well worth it :-)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Starting around CFrizz and Danger Boy......I need to get a rough headcount of who's going to attend AND if you are coming both days. This is to make sure there is enough food and to organize the groups for the HQ Tour.

Even if you think it's a given that I would know you are coming, you need to respond.

Thanks.

Polk HQ Agenda per Paul DiComo:

10:30 - 12:00 - Facility Tours. We'll take groups of 6 as they arrive. Last tour starts at 12:00, ends at 1:00 so those latecomers will be a little late for lunch

12:30 - 2:00 - Picnic. Food. Mingle.

2:00 - 5:00 - Demonstrations of new and prototype products. Feedback sessions.

In other words, BE ON TIME or you may not be able to get on a tour. Remember, this is a regular business day for Polk, so the schedule is essential for this to run smoothly.

Mapquest everything you need to and from your hotel prior, as I won't be available to guide 10 ppl via phone to Polk HQ.

The agenda information will be posted in the "Please Don't Post Here" thread.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,830
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'm there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2005
    Options
    90% Friday attendance, 100% Saturday, all by my lonesome...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • danger boy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Mark, do you want us to just post here and let you know we're coming or do you want us to email you?

I'm in for both days. and a few long nights. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Keep it public, simply because I already have a high email count now. Also, if I didn't specify, please let me know how many in your party....e.g. Danger Boy = 2....CFrizz = 3...F1Nut = 1...etc.

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Myself, DAGLJAM, The Lovely Wendi and Flexible Anna.....both days.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited August 2005
    Options
    i will be there for both friday and saturday. i cant wait to meet all you good folks at the PolkFest!
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I will be there both days and by myself. Shoot me an e-mail if you need help with anything or give me a call.
    JT

Mark thanks so much for arranging this. :cool:
  • danger boy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Danger Boy = 1

just me.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020