Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    Speaking of Ford...
    Well -- I had no idea that the genesis of the pickup "truck" was so nuanced!
    I guess I should be more tolerant of the Ford Maverick, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Ridgeline, etc.
    bc4nvel5grxg.png

https://www.curbsideclassic.com/curbside-classics-american/curbside-classic-1956-ford-f350-with-9-express-bed-yes-express-not-pickup/
    3kv06ufr6nvf.png

1941 Ford half-ton pickup
    otlnjjdards8.png
    1941 Ford one-ton express body
    ooz4ysnkd396.png

I am still gonna be less tolerant of monster pickups with full four-door cabs and "afterthought"-sized beds, though. :# I am old, so I've earned my curmudgeon-hood. B)
    wqevzj7dui30.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    ok, one more, then I gotta get to work...
    40zob10f4gxa.jpg
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    Maverick...I love mine. I didn't realize one needs to be "tolerant" to a vehicle that someone else owns and drives. Falls into the nunya category.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,356
    billbillw wrote: »
    Maverick...I love mine. I didn't realize one needs to be "tolerant" to a vehicle that someone else owns and drives. Falls into the nunya category.

NUNYA?? We used to say that back when I was in the AF.....hadn't heard that in forever. We'd say, "Nunya faceballs business"....only we didn't say faceballs :D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

And on the next pages…. WTF is THAT!!!!!

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,138
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,865
    7wp4i1rl3cq8.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    54045458722_c641f6efeb_b.jpgVintage Advertisement 1072 - Smirnoff - 1973 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr
    Apparently this wasn't one of the more successful Smirnoff ads of 1973. :|
  • mhardy6647
    So... last night there was supposed to be a pretty good chance of seeing aurora borealis in these parts. On all of the other recent nights with good odds of seeing the aurora, we had cloudy weather. Last night was perfect.
    Only problem was -- no aurora, at least that I could see. :(
    Didn't stop me from looking for about an hour, on and off, here and there in the night sky.
    Sometimes with a camera and tripod. :)

54048761725_3b6466c081_b.jpg
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,656
    Suzuki 50cc triple.

j91lyey2p1vn.png

0oieg7ihbio3.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    54048761725_3b6466c081_b.jpg

Is Scotty beaming Kirk up?

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,374
    edited October 6
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,256
    edited October 7

Whatever you said had to be Awesome!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    saw this on ASR and it made me chuckle...
    If there were 3 more side pieces of furniture it would be classified as a "fling".
  • mhardy6647
    Viking64 wrote: »
    If there were 3 more side pieces of furniture it would be classified as a "fling".

I think they were offering that down at Sofa King.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    bw0qrx8bsioh.png

I'd have to get a good look inside them drawers before I'd pick that thing up. 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,338

Thought that was an Or G.....
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,356
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Thought that was an Or G.....

No dude, that would then be like a rare speaker.....a 4 way
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,256
    Amazing how an old nightstand can produce so many posts!!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • bcwsrt
    o6q4mqd6rty5.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
  • bcwsrt
    Yep. Had two last evening and one came back this morning.

Brian

• mhardy6647
    lots of them here in the 'hood -- but I haven't seen one in the yard in the past year. :(

15489017217_c7e105a8d9_b.jpg
    The photo above is from 10 years ago this month!? :#
    Gorgeous animals. They make interesting noises, too.

• pitdogg2
    defltdw5bv7t.jpg
    One from here in town. Neighbor put up a trail cam because he kept hearing strange noises at night or early a.m.
  • bcwsrt
    lots of them here in the 'hood -- but I haven't seen one in the yard in the past year. :(

15489017217_c7e105a8d9_b.jpg
    The photo above is from 10 years ago this month!? :#
    Gorgeous animals. They make interesting noises, too.

Yes. As opposed to these ugly sumbucks …

dgwi9kzx6j5p.jpeg
    Brian

• pitdogg2
    You need a bigger fire pit....