Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,884
Your wishes are my command. With the "issues" of Vanilla, let's try this again...

Hopefully for the next 2 million pages? We will not encounter any issues.....although, I may not be holding my breath....

Post a picture...any picture. What say you?

w6vnuy69c81q.png

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    I say let's ;) try it.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • treitz3
    yc2g7nycim4k.jpg

A perfectly good flat top grill that someone never bothered to clean up and left behind....to be trashed out. This thing cooks QUICKLY and is the freakin' Bomb!!!

No complaints so far. Price was right. No issues. Basically, brand new and it cooks like a dream. Much quicker than anticipated. Total cost? Eh, around $60 for the restoration, with all accessories and everything I would ever need for it. Even came with a propane tank that was 95% full.

Stupid people do stupid things....and they wonder why they are in debt.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,274
    Nice Tom! I wouldn't buy one, but for that price.... golden!! 😉
  • treitz3
    Within 16 minutes of walking out? I had a pound and half of sausage, 8 eggs, a pack of bacon and homemade hash browns all done and I was walking back into the kitchen. Done deal.....and it was better than anything I had cooked on cast iron (multiple pans) inside...

....as the biscuits were cooking in the oven.

Perfect timing. Everything was hot. Fresh, and exemplary. Next up? Fried rice and fixin's...there is plenty of room and the cooking is QUICK! Holy, moly, it was quick! Clean up was even quicker. No complaints.

Even the wife was impressed. (So was I, TBT)

Tom

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,129
    I love it when breakfasts are cooked on a flat-top grill at restaurants. :p

Hash browns seem better too. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • With all due respect that guy's wife could benefit from a little makeup. 🫣
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    edited September 4
    Solar prominence with earth for comparison

88hlh99qct2u.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    But I still have 2,000 pics to go from part uno...

ves67lgxlcdy.png
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222
    f7kcpjr0pbio.png
    1 injured after FedEx truck crashes into metro Atlanta home yesterday
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited September 4
    Students in a classroom aren’t the only ones who need cellphone bans

y3atv9cfznhv.png
    Midtown High School principal Betsy Bockman holds up the magnetic device that will lock cellphone pouches on Monday, July 22, 2024. Students will be required to put their phones into the pouches when they arrive each morning and will not be able to access them until the school day is complete.

Last week, a group of students from Decatur High School narrowly escaped a tragedy. The students were almost hit by a car when they neglected to do one of the most important things their parents probably taught them to do — look both ways before crossing the street.

The reason? They were all looking down at their phones.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Your wishes are my command. With the "issues" of Vanilla, let's try this again...

Hopefully for the next 2 million pages? We will not encounter any issues.....although, I may not be holding my breath....

Post a picture...any picture. What say you?

w6vnuy69c81q.png

Tom

That's just creepy right there.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    yc2g7nycim4k.jpg

A perfectly good flat top grill that someone never bothered to clean up and left behind....to be trashed out. This thing cooks QUICKLY and is the freakin' Bomb!!!

No complaints so far. Price was right. No issues. Basically, brand new and it cooks like a dream. Much quicker than anticipated. Total cost? Eh, around $60 for the restoration, with all accessories and everything I would ever need for it. Even came with a propane tank that was 95% full.

Tom

Score of the decade right there!!! Dude!!! I'm coming over and I'm cooking
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,429
    gnqhdo9nmrua.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,567
    No Audio guys?
  • Audio is never a bad financial decision.
    Everywhere is within walking distance if you have enough time.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,110
    Not nearly enough ellipses in the title of this thread… or too many, or a combination of both… Viking’s OCD is going to be triggered (I didn’t @ him, because IIRC, he doesn’t like that). 😱
    Alea jacta est!
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    edited September 4

Tom

@treitz3, your story reminds me of a time I pulled up to drop trash at the dumpster 25 years ago when I still lived in apartments, and found a rusty but solid cast iron Dutch oven sitting next to it. I snatched it up and it probably only took me 20 minutes of sanding, heating, oiling, scrubbing to get it in working order. Still have it.

That's a nice looking flattop griddle. Is that Blackstone or another brand? I've thought about adding a one to my collection of outdoor cooking gear, but I've resisted so far. Nothing beats it for smash burgers or making a nice hot breakfast for a group. I spent years through college standing over one or more of those in various restaurant kitchens. Really though, I almost never cook for more than 3 these days and I can manage that on the stove for the most part, but doing a decent amount of hashbrowns is tough in 12" cast iron skillet.

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    This thread has an awfully high word to image ratio so far! :#
    (I am just sayin', you know?)
    In my line of work, we like to say:
    If you're not part of the solution --
    you're part of the precipitate.
    B)

53935083095_5d6f4887b3_b.jpg
  • treitz3
    It is a Member's Mark from Sam's Club. While I have never used a Blackstone but with the performance of this unit? No need too. It outperformed every expectation (and I am no stranger to flattop grills). It looks to be their largest model.

20 years ago, this is how I got a pressure cooker too. Someone had burnt a meal in it, sat it outside and left it for years. That took me a while to restore but I used it for about 15 years, until a spring broke on the wiggler part (forgot the correct term for it). No replacement for that but it was a workhorse while I had it.

The flattop works like a charm and honestly, it mimicked cooking food over a camp fire on cast iron. That, I was not expecting.

Tom
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,983
    daddyjt wrote: »
    gnqhdo9nmrua.jpeg

Missing cycling guys
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    edited September 4
    Speaking of flattops, I had one in 3rd grade
    2nvqal6aa6n6.jpg
    (Stock photo, I was better looking)
    But to keep that short hair vertically aligned, you used a product called "Butch Wax"
    oa7v40o8icnb.jpg
    The Butch Wax now is imported from Asia
    qdonols001bu.jpg
    where, due to some confusion from the language barrier, the product now contains high levels of estrogen
    The FDA is investigating

Sal Palooza
  • BlueBirdMusic
    @mrbigbluelight
    That is awesome!!!

I had the same "look" and used the same hair wax.

I had forgotten about the Butch Hair Wax.

Thanks for the memory.

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    Taco? That's an odd song request after being dropped off by aliens. :#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsGjFh1ke44
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,457
    OleBoot wrote: »
    ropl5pi3abj9.png

Reminds me of Fried Barry...he had an alien adventure too.

f3oxkvzjknqf.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Is that Barry Manilow ?

He certainly hasn't aged very well although at 80+ I suppose that he isn't doing too bad 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • treitz3
    zzpbzldooe4r.jpg

2 carbon steel pans, seasoned and rarin' to go! The beeswax coating was stripped this mornin'. Avocado oil was used for the seasoning. Cooked and cooled, along with another seasoning of the flattop.

They will not look like this for long....ready to start cooking and comparing this to the ol' trusted cast iron...

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,232
    They're empty....pfft worthless
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a