Post a picture.....any picture...part deux...

Comments

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,620
    edited September 27
    OMG ! 😳
    cgdq2bhne1ca.png
    But wait, not to worry ! As "Barfqueen" ( internet expert, fluent in the chemistries and phyics) explains:
    h91mw6yr773v.png

Hypertrophic disponsion, the curse of audiophiles since the 50's
    Sal Palooza
  • Unusual on FBM. Grandfathered in before armored vehicle restriction put in place.
    p28mb3ha1wmx.png
    1963 Daimler Ferret $47,500
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,222
    edited September 27
    Really unusual on FBM. Rent Annabelle for Hindu housewarming - $350.

jxydx71mi5ws.png
    8nxvkmlm4khm.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,630
    lacd3shyepty.jpg
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • BlueBirdMusic
    edited September 27
    Incredible rescue!

But what was this man doing in the ocean on a boat that looks to be about 30 feet.
    fyiuqdr9e69l.png
    ebp60bbt2n85.png
    5aygbiz9bg6s.png
    67qvan7d8qtg.png
    nxl61m72ubzl.png
    7l7aavhdx5wo.png
    bmusvzb0rm7n.png
    (link for complete video https://www.thetimes.com/us on front page)

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    That dude was stupid as all get out to be out there. I feel sorry for that dog.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    edited September 27
    Looking at photos of that 36 foot sailboat elsewhere it appears to have been in halfa$$ condition, so no surprise the engine failed.
    Post edited by F1nut on
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,457
    edited September 27
    Going through stuff and found Don Garlits Swampy the Swamp Rat.

h8cprj5af7sw.jpg
    fexznhtkbu1q.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,592
    Ahh, I know both of them guyses well from my days growing up just outside of Charm City!
    My best friend's uncle and family lived next door to Brooks. :)

• mhardy6647
    nz8ggwuof01w.jpeg
    0czdje1ai73d.jpg

Oh, FWIW -- the version of this that I remember suggests something slightly different than the sammage and brewski. :#

l97ik6uybu47.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,985
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ahh, I know both of them guyses well from my days growing up just outside of Charm City!

I was amazed at how long they both played in Baltimore. Boog = 14 seasons, Brooks = 23 seasons!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    Brooks was the human vacuum cleaner and Boog was a big dude, like running into a wall big.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    F1nut wrote: »
    Brooks was the human vacuum cleaner and Boog was a big dude, like running into a wall big.

He was beyond slow, too, but he was a good first baseman and he could be a powerful hitter.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,123
    eco7s9jg7rsg.jpg
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,307
    daddyjt wrote: »

7c7plqbv4i8c.jpeg

I'm glad I finally read what you typed because, I just read the first couple of sentences and was going to ask, "if that's YOU next to your daughter, WHY do you look like Michael Biehn.........then I find out, holy crap, it IS Michael Biehn!!!!! :D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    edited 12:14AM
    Mel has always been a complete gentleman in my interactions with him. He even photobombed a birthday party we were at in the past year. I don’t think you can pin those prices entirely on him, as the promoter of the event are trying to make a buck as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Geoff4rfc
    Mel has always been a complete gentleman in my interactions with him. He even photobombed a birthday party we were at in the past year. I don’t think you can pin those prices entirely on him, as the promoter of the event are trying to make a buck as well.

That's pretty cool. It's cool when you can rub elbows with celebrities. Aside from one time (not at the track), I've gotten my exposure to celebrities from being a racer and in the right spot at the right time.

I've never asked for autographs or made an a s s of myself by going..."OH MY GOSH, IT'S A CELEBRITYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" and only because, I myself used to be someone :D:D Just kidding, it's because I was arrogant and egotistical in the 80's and 90's lol.

After I quit racing in 95 and came back in 03, I had mellowed out (some) and by 05, aside from my racing endeavors, I was also an on-track instructor with a track day org called 2Fast.

We'd get guest instructors from time to time and one event, David Allen Grier joined us. Dude could ride, he wasn't a racer by no means, but he could hold his own against the wannabes out for the track day.

Now, it was lunch and us instructors were hanging out in the instructor tent chilling, talking about some of the students and the progress some were making etc etc etc when David starts talking about his personal experiences on the track and how he was progressing with his skill level and how fast he was going in certain corners on the track.....wellllll I just couldn't help myself and I said, DUDE!!! You were hauling a s s when I went by you, wrote a song about it, like to hear it, here it go......ahhh haaa ah ahhhhhhh
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,822
    63b95qgr9d3w.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Cessna O-2 Skymaster (Cessna 337 Super Skymaster)
    kx5xwqyddsua.png
    Danny Glover's plane in Bat*21

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,773
    edited 10:36AM
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Boog and Brooks were two of my favs!
    Those were real BB player names.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    ew07uchxbzuy.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Geoff4rfc
    I apologize in advance if a song gets stuck in your head :D

yxaxk5eztpud.png

• mhardy6647
    Cessna O-2 Skymaster (Cessna 337 Super Skymaster)
    kx5xwqyddsua.png
    Danny Glover's plane in Bat*21

The ol' Mixmaster.
  • mhardy6647
    edited 6:22PM
    kfvmvv380hru.jpg
    (ASR)
    oh, and a couple from our chumz at hifihaven...
    v5h5e7ixtjoo.jpeg
    bl74zjp32gbm.jpg