Quick recovery for NooshinJohn

Options
12346»

Comments

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,569
    Options
    I hope you have a complete and speedy recovery, John!

b2gk8nq5bwua.png
  • smartie_panta
    smartie_panta Posts: 189
    Options
    Wishing you all my best, @nooshinjohn !!! May you have surgical success and a full and speedy recovery!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,063
    Options
    I hope all the surgeries go well.

Then lay off the bean burritos for a while, ok?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,375
    Options
    The wife has diverticulitis and has been through this. Nothing brings you closer than dealing with a colostomy bag. Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    Options
    Best of luck John!🍀🍀🍀🍀
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Options
    Hope everything turns out OK.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,120
    edited May 28
    Options
    Best wishes and prayers. Insist on solid copper, no PEX or PVC. You'll do fine.
    Edit: Oh my, talking about waste not supply, go with whatever the doc's recommend I guess. :)
    Best to use all your own parts!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,927
    Options
    Good luck John and have a fast recovery.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,386
    Options
    You're a Marine, so you got this.
    As a Marine, you're supposed to be surrounded.
    As you can see by all the well wishers, in this case they're all friendlies, so while it's a bit of a pain in the a$$, it's no sweat 🤗
    At least you don't have to worry about sand fleas.
    Semper Fi 🎖️🇺🇲
    Sal Palooza
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,105
    Options
    swift recovery and prayers sent . . . STAT
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • JCL
    JCL Posts: 126
    Options
    Best of luck on the surgeries and a speedy recovery.
    L600 (front), R200 (rear), R200 (rear surround), L400 (center), Sunfire HRS-10 (2)Marantz AV7706Sunfire Cinema Grand, Marantz M8077, Music Hall Stealth, Ortofon bronze cartridge, Parasound Zphono XRM, Sony UBP-X800
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,640
    Options
    Best wishes on the surgery and may you have a speedy recovery.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 741
    Options
    Good luck and a speedy recovery!
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,726
    Options
    Praying for God’s wisdom and guiding hand for your medical team and and a speedy and thorough recovery for you, John!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,137
    Options
    Best of luck John. I hope everything goes well.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,532
    Options
    Time to drag this back out… tomorrow begins the workups for the surgery to put my septic system back together. I will have consults with cardio, general surgeon, urology, and colonoscopies done. Then I will be meeting again with the surgeon doing the reassembly of my colon. He feels that the surgery will take place during the first half of July. Three procedures will be done at the same time, and will take 7 to 9 hours to complete, followed by 7 to ten days in the hospital for recovery and to ensure the plumbing work holds up without complications.

Getting old sucks…

Good luck man

7-9 hours

That’s a long surgery, this must be complex. I’m sure you have a highly competent surgeon. These guys who do these multi hour surgeries are commendable. I remember being scrubbed in a few of these when I was in med school… you wonder how they can hold their bladder for that long.

I’m sure it’ll go well. You’ll be fine.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,029
    Options
    Hope it all works out in the end! Pun intended. Jokes aside, pretty scary. Hope it goes smoothly.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,223
    Options
    All these damn tests have me feeling this today...

https://youtu.be/pFfQDqY6mC4?si=6OU5_uUC2jXHZr9R
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson